Nationwide Building Society Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Aug 22, 2014

2.9

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 9 months - interviewed at Nationwide Building Society in May 2012.

Interview process was the most shambolic process I have ever been through. Very slow and unprofessional. Did not want to proceed after first interview. Hiring manager did not answer emails in a timely manner. And when he finally did, he sent an email which was meant for another candidate to me

Interview Questions
    • Do you think nationwide is a good fit for you   View Answer

Assistant Marketing Communications Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nationwide Building Society.

I had to complete numerical and verbal reasoning tests. Was invited to an interview and asked to prepare a presentation on the role of digital media. I did not get the job and was not notified of this decision by either phone or email, which I found disappointing and discourteous.

Personal Banking Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nationwide Building Society in May 2014.

I went for this position from being a Customer Representative internally. I applied online and was emailed by HR letting me know of the interview date which was 4 days time. I was interviewed by the Senior Manager of the branch and one of the existing personal banking managers in that branch. There were 6 questions and a product based exercise.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give me an example where you have used diary management in the workplace?   Answer Question

Customer Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Nationwide Building Society.

Online application, phone interview (the stage I am up to) one to one interview, as far as I know, that is the full process, although I imagine there's a maths test.

Complaint Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bournemouth, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nationwide Building Society in May 2013.

It is a competency test based interview. The interviewees are very friendly and welcoming. I loved the fact that this is only dependant on merit and not on reccommendation. If you do well and give a good impression you'll be given a chance.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nationwide Building Society in June 2012.

Initial emails, psychometric testing, one face to face interview with 2 senior managers

Interview Questions
    • Interest rates, what affects society, how credit risk works   Answer Question
    Negotiate wage, they go away, come back with offer or decline offer.

Complaints Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northampton, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nationwide Building Society in January 2012.

Contractual position, skype interview which as about questions like working under pressure, meeting targets etc

Interview Questions
    • knowledge of PPI processes and this specific insurance.   Answer Question

Got a similar profile with barclays plc

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bournemouth, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nationwide Building Society in March 2013.

6 out of a possible 12 competency based questions asking to give a time when you have done certain types of things, depending on the role.

Interview Questions
    • give me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sheffield, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nationwide Building Society in January 2011.

Online app, telephone interview then face to face. The online app has a series of simple questions to answer. (basicaly re-write CV) then telephone interview was STAR based (nationwide is very fond of that. I also had STAR based supervisor interview) then face to face with more STAR q's and a role play.

Interview Questions
    • Can you think of a time where you have had to refuse a customer service.   View Answer
    No negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nationwide Building Society in April 2011.

Before I went to for my 1:1 interview I had on-line skill test and then Excel test in Nationwide Head Office in Swindon. Interview was contacted using STAR interview technique. Pleasant but formal atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • Can you please give me an example of your problem solving skills from your previous employment.   Answer Question

Worked for Nationwide Building Society? Contribute to the Community!