Nationwide Building Society

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Representative Interview

Customer Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Nationwide Building Society.

Interview Details – Online application, phone interview (the stage I am up to) one to one interview, as far as I know, that is the full process, although I imagine there's a maths test.

Interview Question – Describe what you think the role is.   View Answer

Personal Banking Manager Interview

Personal Banking Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nationwide Building Society in May 2014.

Interview Details – I went for this position from being a Customer Representative internally. I applied online and was emailed by HR letting me know of the interview date which was 4 days time. I was interviewed by the Senior Manager of the branch and one of the existing personal banking managers in that branch. There were 6 questions and a product based exercise.

Interview Question – Can you give me an example where you have used diary management in the workplace?   Answer Question

Complaint Handler Interview

Complaint Handler
Bournemouth, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nationwide Building Society in May 2013.

Interview Details – It is a competency test based interview. The interviewees are very friendly and welcoming. I loved the fact that this is only dependant on merit and not on reccommendation. If you do well and give a good impression you'll be given a chance.

Interview Question – To be specific with your situational examples.   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Credit Risk Analyst
Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nationwide Building Society in June 2012.

Interview Details – Initial emails, psychometric testing, one face to face interview with 2 senior managers

Interview Question – Interest rates, what affects society, how credit risk works   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate wage, they go away, come back with offer or decline offer.

Complaints Handler Interview

Complaints Handler
Northampton, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nationwide Building Society in January 2012.

Interview Details – Contractual position, skype interview which as about questions like working under pressure, meeting targets etc

Interview Question – knowledge of PPI processes and this specific insurance.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got a similar profile with barclays plc

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Technical Support Analyst
Bournemouth, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nationwide Building Society in March 2013.

Interview Details – 6 out of a possible 12 competency based questions asking to give a time when you have done certain types of things, depending on the role.

Interview Question – give me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Customer Representative Interview

Customer Representative
Sheffield, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nationwide Building Society in January 2011.

Interview Details – Online app, telephone interview then face to face. The online app has a series of simple questions to answer. (basicaly re-write CV) then telephone interview was STAR based (nationwide is very fond of that. I also had STAR based supervisor interview) then face to face with more STAR q's and a role play.

Interview Question – Can you think of a time where you have had to refuse a customer service.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nationwide Building Society in April 2011.

Interview Details – Before I went to for my 1:1 interview I had on-line skill test and then Excel test in Nationwide Head Office in Swindon. Interview was contacted using STAR interview technique. Pleasant but formal atmosphere.

Interview Question – Can you please give me an example of your problem solving skills from your previous employment.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Nationwide Building Society in June 2010.

Interview Details – the general... they had a script that they were reading questions from... not bad....

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no use.... can only negotiate about 500 quid

Worked for Nationwide Building Society? Contribute to the Community!