Nationwide Children's Hospital

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.5

Billing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Very easy, all my questions were answered. They were very thorough with the job requirements and expectations. Interview was about an hour long. The job seemed like one I would enjoy.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Fast initial follow through with misleading future of. Met with hiring manager and other team members (combined department) for first interview. Not efficient without meeting with hiring manager initially to assess mutual interest; skill set/qualification/culture fit to be followed up with group interview. Insightful questions during interview. Poor job/department fit, based on feedback. No new trends within professional field or healthcare, poor quality, none benchmark of satisfaction of stakeholders when asked. Poor to below average communicatio & information follow through despite specific requested questions to employment specialist(s) prior to interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle resolving conflict with team of department members   1 Answer

Social Worker (Comm Support Worker II) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted about the social work positions after submitting a resume for review for a different position. Overall the interview process went smoothly. I first spoke with a recruiter who discussed what the job was and what type of candidate they were looking for. At the conclusion of the phone call we set a date for the interview. At the interview I first met with the recruiter and then with the respective Social Work managers.

Interview Questions

• I was given 4 Social Work cases and asked how I would prioritize them over the course of the day.   Answer Question

Behavioral Health Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

It's a long process, but worth it if you stick with it. You need 5 professional references, a meeting with HR, sometimes a group panel interview if multiple teams are interested, then individual interviews. Make sure to be familiar with assessing, diagnosing, and treatment modalities.

Information Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

One in-person interview, waste of my time as they look at peoples physical features not your true skills, they may be hiring people they know not a fair interview at all.

Interview Questions

• Went over the same questions that were on my resume and told me the technical department was not able to interview me after I drove all the way downtown.   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Two lengthy phone interviews to confirm my lengthy background with Nationwide's current software systems and my management experience. After the positive phone interviews a face to face meeting was set up. During face to face meetings no further questions were posed regarding my experience and all meetings were brief. It appeared I was being screened for physical appearance. The next day I received a call stating that another candidate was better suited for the position. This could not have been the case because of my exclusive healthcare background and experience with their Lawson Software systems. I am in my low 50's and plan to work another 15-20 years. I am active and physically fit as well. My salary requirements aligned perfectly with the position as well. My age was the determining factor in not getting hired. Unfortunately the best experience and qualifications do not always mean a company will look beyond age. This is not an equal opportunity employer.

Interview Questions

• We are looking for succession planning. Are you willing to move within the company as needed?   1 Answer

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

I have put so many applications in and had like 3 interviews

Interview Questions

• when they call can you come in for enterview   1 Answer

BH Community Based Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

I interviewed 4 different times for the same position. Additionally I spoke with the HR Recruiter 2 different times. Interview process was anxiety ridden. I received the interview through attending a job fair at the hospital. The recruiter immediately followed up with me and provided interviews for 2 different Behavioral Health Positions within the hospital.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate a role play detailing how you would discuss behavioral issues with a teacher whom doesn't understand how to teach to students with learning disabilities.   Answer Question

Environmental Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

First did phone interview, then the in-person interview, interview was very easy due to I had a lot of experience in the cleaning. Then we talk about compensation of the position interviewer stated it would be on the high side but when I the recruiter call me it and told me the amount I would be making it was actually on the low side

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Nationwide Children's Hospital?   1 Answer

Graduate Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview after the connection had been established by my PhD mentor. We then had a casual interview during which we discussed my research experience, career trajectory, interests, skills, etc. I had already been working for another PI in Research, so we also discussed what I was currently doing and what I was hoping to get from a new position in terms of content, schedule, and tuition funding. Several more emails, phone calls, and informal meetings happened before the university worked out joint funding with the research department I was going to work with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Several meetings, emails, etc between myself, the PI, and my PhD mentor to work out a funding option, since the hospital pays for my PhD stipend.