Nationwide Children's Hospital

www.nationwidechildrens.org
Engaged Employer

Nationwide Children's Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital.

Interview

Got email for in-person interview with HR. Met with recruiter, then moved to supervisor and another manager. Followed up with everyone I met, never heard back about position.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work occasional nights and weekends?   1 Answer

Employer Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital.

Interview

The interviewers were all very nice and professional. Very easy to be myself and ask various questions. I would say that the interview process went very well, and was very easy for those with natural and relaxed personalities.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Fast initial follow through with misleading future of. Met with hiring manager and other team members (combined department) for first interview. Not efficient without meeting with hiring manager initially to assess mutual interest; skill set/qualification/culture fit to be followed up with group interview. Insightful questions during interview. Poor job/department fit, based on feedback. No new trends within professional field or healthcare, poor quality, none benchmark of satisfaction of stakeholders when asked. Poor to below average communicatio & information follow through despite specific requested questions to employment specialist(s) prior to interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle resolving conflict with team of department members   1 Answer

Behavioral Health Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

It's a long process, but worth it if you stick with it. You need 5 professional references, a meeting with HR, sometimes a group panel interview if multiple teams are interested, then individual interviews. Make sure to be familiar with assessing, diagnosing, and treatment modalities.

Private Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital.

Interview

Very poor communication from HR. Led me to believe I was a good candidate for a position they eventually decided I was not qualified for. Surveyed my references for no reason.

Information Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

One in-person interview, waste of my time as they look at peoples physical features not your true skills, they may be hiring people they know not a fair interview at all.

Interview Questions

• Went over the same questions that were on my resume and told me the technical department was not able to interview me after I drove all the way downtown.   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital.

Interview

Most communications are done by phone calls with their talent and acquisition office. The recruiters are very pleasant and seem to be working for the best of the job candidate. Arrive early for interviews as you first meet with recruiters and then are sent off to the interview which was a long walk through the hospital to the research buildings.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions were asked. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital in November 2014.

Interview

I was called within two weeks of applying and had a brief phone interview with a HR Representative. He then set up an interview with myself and the manager. The interview with the manager was a typical interview with questions about my previous work experience, why I want to work for NWC, etc. I left the interview feeling confident. I was called the next day with an offer that was a little too low, did not match my years of experience in registration. I counter offered with a fair salary. I was notified later the same day that my counter offer was accepted. The orientation and training was thorough and helpful. I'm still a proud member of this team.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle working with a number of individuals with different personalities?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital in November 2014.

Interview

This was a position I previously interviewed 2x for and was passed over ~ interviews were difficult, if going by job description there is no way you would be at all prepared. I was called back after being passed over several months before. Went through another round of anxiety ridden interviews with the same hiring managers again giving conflicting feedback. I was told they "really liked me" that I had " improved" did "great" that hiring would finalize by the end of that week. Two weeks later I get a nice phone call telling me they are sorry that it was taking longer then anticipated and that it was due to internal scheduling conflicts. One week after that I get a call saying "I am sorry, my intention was to hire you, but at the last minute someone applied and had just a few more points then you" apparently you get points during the interview? I was pretty shocked,really was enthusiastic about position. I'm pretty sure I was just a back up all along~like we will hire her if no one better comes. I was pretty bruised, couldn't believe I was passed over twice for the same job within 3 months. Why in the world would anyone call an applicant back in , an applicant that they had several lengthy interviews with, completed 5 reference checks on and ultimately rejected, to do the same process all over , minus reference checking with no real genuine intent to offer them the position .

Interview Questions

• Not really difficult questions but conflicting statements about actual scope/role of position, from hiring managers, a sense they didn't exactly know what they wanted. Interviews included role plays with very little prep information. Although,I felt the 2nd time around was a bit easier because I knew what to expect.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Two lengthy phone interviews to confirm my lengthy background with Nationwide's current software systems and my management experience. After the positive phone interviews a face to face meeting was set up.
    During face to face meetings no further questions were posed regarding my experience and all meetings were brief.
    It appeared I was being screened for physical appearance. The next day I received a call stating that another candidate was better suited for the position. This could not have been the case because of my exclusive healthcare background and experience with their Lawson Software systems. I am in my low 50's and plan to work another 15-20 years. I am active and physically fit as well. My salary requirements aligned perfectly with the position as well. My age was the determining factor in not getting hired.
    Unfortunately the best experience and qualifications do not always mean a company will look beyond age. This is not an equal opportunity employer.

Interview Questions

• We are looking for succession planning. Are you willing to move within the company as needed?   1 Answer