Nationwide Children's Hospital

Nationwide Children's Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.8

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Had two in person interviews. The second interview included a laboratory tour and meeting with potential co workers. No offer was given and no explanation as to why. Interviews were fairly straight forward, no surprises.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer a predictable, repetitive work environment or one that changes often?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital.

Interview

laid back. not too hard to do. really easy questions, more of a culture fit than anything else. Unpaid position means less stressful interview. i enjoyed the fact that it wasn't too hard to do because i felt as if some of the other places that i had applied and interviewed with took the process far too seriously for an unpaid position.

Interview Questions

• What is something about you that is not on your resume?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital.

Interview

Got email for in-person interview with HR. Met with recruiter, then moved to supervisor and another manager. Followed up with everyone I met, never heard back about position.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work occasional nights and weekends?   1 Answer

Billing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Very easy, all my questions were answered. They were very thorough with the job requirements and expectations. Interview was about an hour long. The job seemed like one I would enjoy.

Social Worker (Comm Support Worker II) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted about the social work positions after submitting a resume for review for a different position. Overall the interview process went smoothly. I first spoke with a recruiter who discussed what the job was and what type of candidate they were looking for. At the conclusion of the phone call we set a date for the interview. At the interview I first met with the recruiter and then with the respective Social Work managers.

Interview Questions

• I was given 4 Social Work cases and asked how I would prioritize them over the course of the day.   Answer Question

Employer Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital.

Interview

The interviewers were all very nice and professional. Very easy to be myself and ask various questions. I would say that the interview process went very well, and was very easy for those with natural and relaxed personalities.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Fast initial follow through with misleading future of. Met with hiring manager and other team members (combined department) for first interview. Not efficient without meeting with hiring manager initially to assess mutual interest; skill set/qualification/culture fit to be followed up with group interview. Insightful questions during interview. Poor job/department fit, based on feedback. No new trends within professional field or healthcare, poor quality, none benchmark of satisfaction of stakeholders when asked. Poor to below average communicatio & information follow through despite specific requested questions to employment specialist(s) prior to interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle resolving conflict with team of department members   1 Answer

Behavioral Health Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

It's a long process, but worth it if you stick with it. You need 5 professional references, a meeting with HR, sometimes a group panel interview if multiple teams are interested, then individual interviews. Make sure to be familiar with assessing, diagnosing, and treatment modalities.

Private Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital.

Interview

Very poor communication from HR. Led me to believe I was a good candidate for a position they eventually decided I was not qualified for. Surveyed my references for no reason.

Information Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

One in-person interview, waste of my time as they look at peoples physical features not your true skills, they may be hiring people they know not a fair interview at all.

Interview Questions

• Went over the same questions that were on my resume and told me the technical department was not able to interview me after I drove all the way downtown.   1 Answer