Nationwide Children's Hospital

Nationwide Children's Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Nov 28, 2014
Updated Nov 28, 2014

Behavioral Health, Parent Advisor Position Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital in November 2014.

This was a position I previously interviewed 2x for and was passed over ~ interviews were difficult, if going by job description there is no way you would be at all prepared. I was called back after being passed over several months before. Went through another round of anxiety ridden interviews with the same hiring managers again giving conflicting feedback. I was told they "really liked me" that I had " improved" did "great" that hiring would finalize by the end of that week. Two weeks later I get a nice phone call telling me they are sorry that it was taking longer then anticipated and that it was due to internal scheduling conflicts. One week after that I get a call saying "I am sorry, my intention was to hire you, but at the last minute someone applied and had just a few more points then you" apparently you get points during the interview? I was pretty shocked,really was enthusiastic about position. I'm pretty sure I was just a back up all along~like we will hire her if no one better comes. I was pretty bruised, couldn't believe I was passed over twice for the same job within 3 months. Why in the world would anyone call an applicant back in , an applicant that they had several lengthy interviews with, completed 5 reference checks on and ultimately rejected, to do the same process all over , minus reference checking with no real genuine intent to offer them the position .

Interview Questions
    • Not really difficult questions but conflicting statements about actual scope/role of position, from hiring managers, a sense they didn't exactly know what they wanted. Interviews included role plays with very little prep information. Although,I felt the 2nd time around was a bit easier because I knew what to expect.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital.

Two lengthy phone interviews to confirm my lengthy background with Nationwide's current software systems and my management experience. After the positive phone interviews a face to face meeting was set up.
    During face to face meetings no further questions were posed regarding my experience and all meetings were brief.
    It appeared I was being screened for physical appearance. The next day I received a call stating that another candidate was better suited for the position. This could not have been the case because of my exclusive healthcare background and experience with their Lawson Software systems. I am in my low 50's and plan to work another 15-20 years. I am active and physically fit as well. My salary requirements aligned perfectly with the position as well. My age was the determining factor in not getting hired.
    Unfortunately the best experience and qualifications do not always mean a company will look beyond age. This is not an equal opportunity employer.

Interview Questions
    • We are looking for succession planning. Are you willing to move within the company as needed?   View Answer

Contracts and Proposal Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital in September 2014.

3 step process: meeting with HR, supervisor and then team members. The HR person did not check my current salary which was higher than the range they wanted to hire into. So it ended there, very disappointing and a waste of time.

Mental Health Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital in September 2014.

Applied online, received phone call the next day. Took a simple math and logic test followed by a in person interview. There are several things I wish to warn potential applicants about when applying for jobs at Nationwide. First, do not trust the job description/and or requirements listed on any literature, they are highly inaccurate, and if used for research purposes will lead to you not being hired. For this position, Nationwide listed the requirements as being a high school graduate with some experience in hospital or mental health field, a bachelors degree candidate would be given preference.

I am a 2nd year graduate student studying neuro and addiction psychology, and the interview questions presented were designed for someone who has been in the mental health field for many years, and if you only possessed a high school diploma (or even B.S.) you would probably have zero answers. In short, there is no possible way a high school graduate or B.S. degree holder would have any knowledge of processes and questions asked during interviews

Another tip: Nationwide will not hire anyone, or move forward in the hiring processes unless you have a minimum of 5...yes 5 professional references that have a valid email address in which they are willing to fill out a survey about you. If they do not have a valid email address, you will not be considered for employment.

My advice, tread with care, if you receive an offer at another health system or employer I would highly advise you to take that position.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us a time when your treatment style conflicted with your supervisors, what did you do to handle this conflict?   View Answer

Secuity Officer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital.

selection process,extensive background check,3 interveiws,medical evaluation, bonding , insurance , preventitive shots, HR keeps you well informed as to what each phase you completed an what is next.you a given a tour an informed of various aspects of job an what to expect

starting salary was set

Physician Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital in January 2014.

I initially replied to a posting on LinkedIn. I received an email asking me to fill out the full application online which was very lengthy and repetitive. Once that was complete I was emailed a short questionnaire to fill out with questions related to my experience and the position. After that was completed I was invited in for a 1:1 interview with the Dir of Employment Services. The interview lasted approximately 45 minutes. I was told that she was wrapping up interviews within the week and would let me know a decision either way. After three weeks with no contact, I sent an email to which I received a quick reply saying that they moved forward with a different candidate.

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital in August 2013.

I have put so many applications in and had like 3 interviews

Interview Questions
    • when they call can you come in for enterview   View Answer

BH Community Based Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through other source – interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital in July 2013.

I interviewed 4 different times for the same position. Additionally I spoke with the HR Recruiter 2 different times. Interview process was anxiety ridden. I received the interview through attending a job fair at the hospital. The recruiter immediately followed up with me and provided interviews for 2 different Behavioral Health Positions within the hospital.

Interview Questions
    • Demonstrate a role play detailing how you would discuss behavioral issues with a teacher whom doesn't understand how to teach to students with learning disabilities.   Answer Question

RN Clinic Position Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital in March 2013.

Several interviews with recruiter, with hiring managers, hiring manager professional, recruiter absolutely rude and unprofessional

Interview Questions

The way the nurse recruiter offered was via email almost as an after thought...negotiations non-existent. Made me question if this is how I'd be treated as an employee

Graduate Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital in March 2012.

I had an initial phone interview after the connection had been established by my PhD mentor. We then had a casual interview during which we discussed my research experience, career trajectory, interests, skills, etc. I had already been working for another PI in Research, so we also discussed what I was currently doing and what I was hoping to get from a new position in terms of content, schedule, and tuition funding. Several more emails, phone calls, and informal meetings happened before the university worked out joint funding with the research department I was going to work with.

Interview Questions
    Several meetings, emails, etc between myself, the PI, and my PhD mentor to work out a funding option, since the hospital pays for my PhD stipend.