Nationwide

Updated Oct 8, 2014
Updated Oct 8, 2014

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Claims Specialist Interview

Simple, behavioral questions and STAR was used a lot.

Interview Questions
Was able to negotiate salary

Other Interview Reviews for Nationwide

Claims Specialist Interview

The interview process can vary greatly depending on the manager conducting the interview. They will ask general questions about the claims process including investigation, liability and coverage and how these differ in the states being handled by that particular office (the Virginia office covers Virginia, North Carolina, Maryland, Delaware and DC).

Interview Questions
    • The company is often trying to get people to work alternative hours. If you are able to do this, it can increase your chances of being hired.   Answer Question
    The company typically does very little negotiating. They make an offer and rarely move from that offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nationwide in June 2013.

I interviewed for this position after submitting a pre-screening assessment. The interview was pretty standard with being inundated with behavioral and scenario-based questions. My one mistake in hindsight after I left was not asking for a timeline for a decision. They thanked me for meeting with them. I sent the 2 people I interviewed with thank you letters and emails. 2 weeks passed, and I called them because I hadn't heard one way or another. I left voice mails to each person, but never received a call. A month has now passed since the interview and I still haven't heard back, not even an automated email rejection.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you implemented something to improve efficiency in a previous job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nationwide in December 2012.

The interview was done with two managers of the same position, who led two different teams. It was very friendly, with your typical interview questions. They were very attentive and do not speak a lot, mostly letting you speak until you're able to ask them questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide in October 2012.

Applied online, received a call for in person interview less than a week later. Interview asked very standard "tell me about a time when...." Questions

No negotiation. Pay is firm