Nationwide Interview Questions in Columbus, OH

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.8

National Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

A few assessments, virtual interview on computer and phone then 2 more in person interviews. Mostly STAR questions. Walk me through your resume. Sell yourself! Asked to verify licensing and background very early on.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I filled out a job application online. This was followed by a followup questionnaire. Then the interview. It was over 5 hours, and I met with four different managers and directors, as well as 3 peers. This was mostly a getting-to-know-you-period -- they were looking at whether I would be a good fit for the company. There were also some "what would you do in this scenario" questions as well.

Interview Questions

• If you had to make a decision based on incomplete information, what would you do?   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I met with two people. The process went quite smoothly. The question were very detailed and require specifics. Please do not generalize. It would be to your advantage if you prepared for this type of interview. Think about how your current for prior experience makes you an appropriate fit for the position you are applying. Use this as leverage. My overall experience was GREAT!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation during the interview. I was pleased with the offer.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Very psychological based in nature with situational based questions... I.E. Situation, task/result. The process can be involved to include: prescreen, interview 1:1, group or panel, and follow-up for finalists. HR is generally very good, yet senior mgmt is very slow to hire. The worst thing is that the interview format doesn't allow candidates a lot of flexibility to tell their story outside of situational questions. Some of the standard interview questions aren't applicable for every job and managers don't ask many original questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to deal with ambiguity/ change management. Explain the situation and what steps you took to drive process improvement.   Answer Question

Associate Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview. Spoke with recruiter and then received call a few weeks later to speak with team members who conducted the interview. Was supposed to then have interview with hiring manager but never received call. No follow up. Very poor process.

Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH).

Interview

The interview was quick, and we went over basic interview questions. We went over my work experience and how it would apply to Nationwide. I was then given a brief tour of the ground floors of headquarters. It was a positive experience. Not everyone's experience will be like mine. Most interviews are going to happen with a director or manager, and may have technical questions involved.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, how it will apply here, etc. Why Nationwide?   Answer Question

Technical/Tool Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

This job is basically doing data analysis. I didn't apply this job, they have found my resume in their database. The entire interview process in quite easy, no technical questions at all. The basically ask me what kind of tools I have used before and my past developing experience. The interview last for about 40 minutes. People are quite friendly, we had a very smooth and happy conversation.

Senior Licensing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nationwide (Dublin, OH).

Interview

They asked random, layerless questions. Smile a lot. Make a lot of eye contact. Answer every question in depth! Do not be afraid to wait 5-10 seconds to think about your answer. Be personable and let your personality shine. Find a way to slide in random facts about yourself into the interview.

Interview Questions

• One, three and five year plan. Be specific.   1 Answer
    • Questions about excel always seems to come up. Good to have at least a basic knowledge.   1 Answer

Senior Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I was kindly provided parking direction and reimbursement prior to my interview. The interview consisted of 2 parts: First, meeting with the current Sr. Recruiting Coordinator and then meeting with the team and the supervisor for the position. I was brought back for a second rounds and met with the VP of Talent Acquisition. All persons involved in my interviews were professional but, they created a very relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress under high priority circumstances?   Answer Question

Marketing Leadership Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH).

Interview

My 1st Interview at University and 2nd Interview at Nationwide in Columbus, Ohio. The initial interview was laid back. Following the first interview, I did not receive a call back for two months. After a couple months, they finally called back and invited me to interview at their corporate office. There were 3 interviews and it took the whole day and overall it went well. Following this interview, they NEVER called back. Not even a polite acknowledgement that I did not have an offer. This is an embarrassment for such a large company. If a candidate is willing to dedicate several hours toward your interview process, it is pathetic that they will not get back to their candidates.