Nationwide

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nationwide in December 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview - Recruiting
In-person Interview - Supervisors

Negotiation Details – none

Lynchburg, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nationwide in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online & was contacted via email around 2 weeks later with an hour long assessment as well as another application to fill out & return. About another week later I received a phone call from a different recruiter than the one who initially emailed me asking me if I was a available for an in person interview... however, I was unable to answer my phone at the time she called & tried calling her back for a week with no response. I eventually emailed the initial recruiter & was able to set up the interview. I attended the interview & thought everything went great when only a few days later they emailed me again to tell me they has chosen more qualified candidates when I definitely felt I met & exceeded the qualifications listed on the job posting.

Interview Question – Name a time when you failed & something & what you did to fix it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I interviewed at Nationwide in November 2012.

Interview Details – The facility had a very nice cafeteria and fitness center. It was very high security. The candidates were directed to a waiting area; and assigned to interviewers.

Interview Question – All candidates was bought to a room for an overview of the company and handed a folder asking them to choose one word off of each card in the folder to describe themselves.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Columbus, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Nationwide in September 2011.

Interview Details – Super easy interview, they would literally hire anyone that would be able to pass the background check.

Interview Question – Explain how your work experience will enhance your ability to perform this job.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview Details – Applied online ...then had a 10 min telephone interview which was all competency based questions after was told I had made it to the next stage. I then went to a face to face interview in the branch with 2 managers,it was a good experience mainly competence based questions then there was a role play which I was given 10 mins to prepare for then it's 10 mins long and then you discuss this at the end. 2 weeks later I had a 3rd interview with the regional manager which was just to get to no me a little more etc, 2 days later I was offered the job subject to checks.

Interview Question – Why nationwide?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nationwide in November 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and was recommended by a long time employee. They called me to schedule an interview and accomodated my work schedule at that time. There was a typing test that I took online, and a group/panel interview with two managers. The people seemed wonderful and the office environment seemed serene.

Interview Question – Is it better to go against company policy in order to please a customer, or vice versa?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The starting salary was non-negotiable.

Worked for Nationwide? Contribute to the Community!