Nationwide Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Nationwide (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

It is a 3 step process: Phone call, Online personality and skills test, In person interview that is one on one. There is a drug test and background test once accepted.

Interview Questions

• Customer service and coworker situations. Keep in mind situations youll be able to talk about. Describe a difficult situation with a coworker, difficult situation with a customer, manager... etc. Describe a situation where you could have performed better. A situation where you over performed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Other Interview Reviews for Nationwide

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nationwide (Cleveland, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

You get interviewed by two people they ask you situation based questions name a time when questions they were very welcoming I had got offered the position the same day

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter first in an on campus interview. Then was called and spoke with two managers. The questions were designed to make you think, but the interviewers weren't critical. After I was offered a job I was given 24 hours to complete a drug test, which was difficult to schedule, but I was able to beg a hospital to do it for me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

The process took about 2-3 weeks. Phone interview followed by an in-person interview...basically the same questions both times. They also had typing and personality testing. I stayed with the company for 3 years and was pretty satisfied.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide in June 2014.

Interview

You had to complete an online personality test and another one involving simulated customer calls. I did an interview with two people at their office, the manager that was supposed to interview me was not available that day and I didn't find out until I got there. It was the typical STAR questions and nothing out of the ordinary. I was told I would be given a decision (either way) by the end of the week and never heard back from them. I emailed my interviewers/HR about 3 weeks later for an answer.

Interview Questions

• I applied for the Chinese Speaking unit and was asked to take a simulated call in Mandarin. Make sure to bring your own pen and paper.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nationwide (Lynchburg, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online & was contacted via email around 2 weeks later with an hour long assessment as well as another application to fill out & return. About another week later I received a phone call from a different recruiter than the one who initially emailed me asking me if I was a available for an in person interview... however, I was unable to answer my phone at the time she called & tried calling her back for a week with no response. I eventually emailed the initial recruiter & was able to set up the interview. I attended the interview & thought everything went great when only a few days later they emailed me again to tell me they has chosen more qualified candidates when I definitely felt I met & exceeded the qualifications listed on the job posting.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you failed & something & what you did to fix it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

interviewed at Nationwide in November 2012.

Interview

The facility had a very nice cafeteria and fitness center. It was very high security. The candidates were directed to a waiting area; and assigned to interviewers.

Interview Questions

• All candidates was bought to a room for an overview of the company and handed a folder asking them to choose one word off of each card in the folder to describe themselves.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in September 2011.

Interview

Super easy interview, they would literally hire anyone that would be able to pass the background check.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your work experience will enhance your ability to perform this job.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide in December 2009.

Interview

Phone interview - Recruiting In-person Interview - Supervisors

Negotiation

none

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

Applied online ...then had a 10 min telephone interview which was all competency based questions after was told I had made it to the next stage. I then went to a face to face interview in the branch with 2 managers,it was a good experience mainly competence based questions then there was a role play which I was given 10 mins to prepare for then it's 10 mins long and then you discuss this at the end. 2 weeks later I had a 3rd interview with the regional manager which was just to get to no me a little more etc, 2 days later I was offered the job subject to checks.