Nationwide

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Dublin, OH

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nationwide in November 2009.

Interview Details – A single in-person interview with no technical questions.

Interview Question – Basic canned interview questions, such as "What is your biggest fault?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation offered, and I was too junior to realize I had the opportunity to do so.

Developer, IT Applications Interview

Developer, IT Applications
Dublin, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Nationwide in October 2012.

Interview Details – I recieved a call from an IT Applications manager and was asked to provide times that I would be available for an interview. I schedule a time that was appropriate for myself and the manager to meet. Upon arriving at the facility on the day of the interview I was taken to a conference room where I participated in a panel style interview with 4 other members of the team. I was asked behavioral and situational questions by the managers and technical questions by the developers. The behavioral and situational questions are just the generic, "What would you do in this situation" type questions. The technical questions involved writing some SQL statements and pseudo code.

Interview Question – I would say that some of the technical questions were the toughest for me as I did not properly prepare before the interview to answer them.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was quite extensive with a lot of back and forth between myself and the HR representative that I was assigned to. I ended up taking an offer slightly lower than I wanted due to the cost to the company to train me.

Inbound Sales and Service Interview

Inbound Sales and Service
Dublin, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nationwide in September 2010.

Interview Details – The initial communication was a phone interview. Then I was called in for a Panel interview.

Interview Question – All questions were easy and geared towards customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate to from 12 to 15 dollars an hour as a contractor because of being bilingual. I was hired permanently after 5 months, with a salary of 17.30/h

Claims Associate Interview

Claims Associate
Dublin, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nationwide in June 2012.

Interview Details – Was called by a random number in Iowa to interview for a Claims position. Were pretty flexible with the interview schedule. However, the interview itself was a barrage of "Tell me about a time when..." questions.

Usually, these are expected in any interview...but once they dove into it, it was about 40 minutes of that, over and over again. Most of the questions overlapped, and there were times when I had to recycle instances I had already said. They didn't seem to care about whether your answers were applicable or not, they basically just wrote everything you said down. I'm guessing they ship off the "results" to someone else who decides whether or not to hire you.

I was told at the conclusion of the interview they would "call regardless of their decision to hire/not hire". They didn't do such a thing. I received no email or anything.

Short version: They basically "shotgun" 20-30 'Tell me about a time when' questions for an hour.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond what was required of you, and the results it entailed.   Answer Question

Commercial Underwriter Interview

Commercial Underwriter
Dublin, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Nationwide in January 2008.

Interview Details – met with manager and vp on campus, interview went well, questions were typical interview questions, then mainly just some friendly conversation about things other than work, salary was also discussed

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – did not seem negotiable at the time

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Nationwide? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nationwide interview questions and advice in Dublin, OH. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nationwide employees and interview candidates.