Nationwide

Updated Nov 25, 2014

2.1

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Insurance Agent Interview

Basic phone interview leading to an in person interview. It was typical questions that any other company would ask like: GPA, experience similar to job applied to. I would recommend this to friends because it is a great place to start a career any maybe be your future career.

Other Interview Reviews for Nationwide

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nationwide.

Every agency is different. I just went in, showed my licenses, gave my personal strengths and weaknesses, expectations, described past work history, and how I would be of benefit to the agency. It was only one single interview and then we met in a coffee shop later to discuss salary. Again, every agency is different. This was a VERY small agency.

Fight for your base salary. Commission percentages aren't enough to live off of until about the 2nd year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

This was for a satellite branch office. Interview was fairly casual as the interviewee was still setting up the new office in his jeans and a t-shirt. Very relaxed dialogue; he did most of the talking. He showed a lot of respect and referred to the interview being a two-way process and "mutual fit." I walked in wanting the job; by the end I really wanted to work for HIM.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, just your usual work experience, values, what are you looking for kind of questions.   Answer Question
    No salary leeway but some scheduling and benefits negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southport, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southport, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nationwide in May 2012.

We talked about the position and then I took a profile test.

Interview Questions
    • What attracts you to the insurance industry   View Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nationwide in September 2011.

Personality evaluation is used. Phone calls and in person interviews you can expect 3 to 5. District Manger interview. Getting the insurance license is the most intensive. Out of pocket to pay for the training and the insurance tests. Without passing the state tests there is no hire. After being hired, further training is taken care of by the agency.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a gotcha question, they are getting to know you and need to feel comfortable that you are honest and will do well by the agency and the people that in trust themselves to you.   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nationwide in April 2011.

Very lengthy. Must have a large amount of liquid assets

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiating. Set in stone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Nationwide in January 2008.

Interviews with several people in the company as this was for an employee agent position. Online tests at home. Background check and drug test.

Interview Questions
    Offered a contract, the option was to take it or leave it.

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nationwide in August 2011.

There was an initial phone interview. Then I met with the primary agent face-to-face twice to discuss the job and my background. Then he made an offer at the end of the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a client trying to go with another company and you were able to save the business.   Answer Question
    I negotiated for over a month before accepting the job. I worked as an associate agent for a primary agent so your background experience in sales or insurance are your best negotiating tools. Also, you can try to ask for health insurance but it's usually not offered. I said I wouldn't leave unless it was for more guaranteed money with possibility to make more commission and have more flexibility with my working hours.