Nationwide

137 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Analyst Business Development Interview

Senior Analyst Business Development

I applied in-person and interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview Details – I went through 3 rounds of interviews including 2 phone interviews and a full day of interviews within the organization. I then met with 6 people the day of the scheduled interview with about 45 minutes with each of them.

Interview Question – I'm really not sure what the most difficult question was.   Answer Question

Claims Specialist I Interview

Claims Specialist I

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nationwide in June 2014.

Interview Details – Within a week that the online application was sent, I received an email that stated that minimum qualifications had been met and they now needed me to fill out and submit a screening questionnaire. The questionnaire helped me prepare for the interview. A week later, I was called to schedule in for an interview for that same week. The interview was very professional, but at the same time relaxed. It was more of an ongoing conversation as opposed to other question-based interviews. The interviewer was very approachable and open to questions. I was told that all candidates would have a later interview were they would have the opportunity to see exactly what the job was by sitting with other peers to observe and meet with the manager. About 2 weeks later, that second interview was set. Employees were very kind and friendly. Although, there was a high volume workload that day, I was pleasantly surprised with the work environment. Everyone seemed to get along well. After the interview, I was told to be in the outlook for a decision by that same week. And accurately, 3 days later, I received the offer letter.

Interview Question – No particular question was difficult or unexpected. There was an emphasis on being aware of working on CAT.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst, IT Ops - PCT Interview

Senior Analyst, IT Ops - PCT

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Nationwide in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on career builder. I did not hear anything for almost three months and thought my resume went into a black hole. To my surprise I was contacted for a phone interview after all the time had passed. I interviewed successfully with one of Nationwide’s recruiters over the phone and went to a two person onsite interview which was supposed to last an hour, but went well over. The interviewers asked typical IT Operation questions around prioritization and behavior questions. They explained what type of work would be performed on a day to day basis, which lined up to my experience very well. Then I was asked normal support questions. The questions were not difficult for me to answer. I was told to expect to hear something back in a few weeks, since they wanted to move quickly. I never received a call back or email. I asked for feedback about a month later and did not hear anything back. Since I did not hear anything, positive or negative, I would be a detractor towards Nationwide’s talent management processes.

Senior Secretary Interview

Senior Secretary

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview Details – Most that I have interviewed with lack proper or thorough skills. They enjoy repeating the same question. Rarely is anyone in the interview able to provide a concise description of the position and duties. Most that I have interviewed with also do not dress properly. I was always dressed better than anyone interviewing me. They like to tout their work/life balance.

Interview Question – There really aren't any. There is nothing new or original in their interviews. Each person is supplied with multiple questions to choose from.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Des Moines, IA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nationwide in December 2010.

Interview Details – Very confusing process. Thought I was interviewing with Nationwide and then found out it was another company. Web site and job postings do not indicate which company within Nationwide has job opening. Nice people, modern office environment very open and spacious. Huge training facility. Plenty of parking.

Interview Question – Since you will be leading people we would like to know how you demonstrate that you can be trusted by others? Give an example of how you have done this in the past. How did people react? What would you do different next time? What advice would you give other people on how to do this?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The company does not negotiate time of. Very little flexibility on compensation. Private company so has limited bonus upside. No long term equity program to work with.

Very Easy Interview

Insurance Agent Interview

Insurance Agent

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview Details – Every agency is different. I just went in, showed my licenses, gave my personal strengths and weaknesses, expectations, described past work history, and how I would be of benefit to the agency. It was only one single interview and then we met in a coffee shop later to discuss salary. Again, every agency is different. This was a VERY small agency.

Negotiation Details – Fight for your base salary. Commission percentages aren't enough to live off of until about the 2nd year.

Member Care Representative Interview

Member Care Representative
Des Moines, IA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Nationwide in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by two individuals who after being hired, I never saw again- very strange.
Was given a folder full of cards, each card had a cheesy corporate-esque word on it (leadership, communication, innovation, etc.) I was told to pick three that most closely described me and explain my choices. This was allegedly an "ice breaker game", but any intelligent person would know that we're talking about some serious corporate backslapping. The rest of the interview was fairly standard: "tell me about a time when..."

Interview Question – Most of the interview questions were: "Tell me about a time when..."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, which was frustrating after seeing that my training class was full of people with zero experience.

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative

Interviewed at Nationwide

Interview Details – Interview was very cursory the interview was too short, the interview did not cover relevant material the interview did not focus on my previous employment the interview did not focus on my strengths

Interview Question – My sales experience   Answer Question

Bilingual Sales Agent Interview

Bilingual Sales Agent
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a call for an initial interview, interviewed with hiring manager, got a call back a day later that I got the job. This fifty word minimum requirement for reviews is B.S.

Interview Question – Overcoming sales objections   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, you're told your salary, and if applicable, your differential for language/hours worked.

Member Care Representative Interview

Member Care Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview Details – Applied online and contacted by a recruiter who explained everything - salary, what to expect, nature of the job. Interviewed by 2 supervisors. All 3 were very comfortable and friendly, easy to connect with and talk to. So many other jobs will intimidate you, but this is not their intention - I was pleasantly surprised by the interview, and really enjoyed it. It made me want to work here.

Interview Question – Pick 3 words that best describe you and explain why.   Answer Question

Worked for Nationwide? Contribute to the Community!