Nationwide

2.7

Marketing Leadership Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nationwide.

My 1st Interview at University and 2nd Interview at Nationwide in Columbus, Ohio. The initial interview was laid back. Following the first interview, I did not receive a call back for two months. After a couple months, they finally called back and invited me to interview at their corporate office. There were 3 interviews and it took the whole day and overall it went well. Following this interview, they NEVER called back. Not even a polite acknowledgement that I did not have an offer. This is an embarrassment for such a large company. If a candidate is willing to dedicate several hours toward your interview process, it is pathetic that they will not get back to their candidates.

Intern Interview

Submitted online application and was contacted by a recruiter for an interview. The interview was very short, it was around 20 minutes and I was emailed response right after. The interview as a whole was very easy and laid back, I don't think there is any preparation necessary. No technical questions were asked except asking what languages/what extent I was proficient.

Director, Learning and Performance Interview

Posting internally. Reach out to hiring manager. Speak to outgoing employee. Interview face to face. Follow up interview. With certain opportunities they require a written treatise of sorts on a given topic.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time you emotionally injured someone. Dumb. question.   Answer Question

Given comp increase

Member Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nationwide in February 2015.

Applied online through company website, heard back from HR within 24 business hours via email. Email was followed up by phone call two days later with Recruiter through Randstad and an interview date/time was set up for the following week (roughly 4 days later).

Interview was performed by a micro-panel featuring two supervisors with Nationwide after a brief job shadowing experience for around 20 minutes.

The first thing I noticed was that despite my resume being exceptionally written/formatted and clearly stating I have worked in a variety of customer service positions, they immediately said - "So, it looks like you haven't worked in any call centers before, correct?" I, of course, acknowledged them by responding "Quite the contrary if you notice I have several positions I have held in numerous call centers as a customer service representative. To me, this means they didn't truly pay any attention to my resume (or my resume was written above their understanding).

The interview lasted for around an hour from the moment I entered the building until getting back into my car.

Salary and shift selection were discussed as well as the position's details and other bits of information about Nationwide as a company and the culture/environment.

They asked very inclusive questions regarding my job history, and seemed taken back that I was a commuter. Millions of people commute for work each day, so I wasn't sure why that was such a shock.

They didn't ask anything about my education, despite the fact that I am currently in college. Nothing about my skills or abilities, and nothing about me personally to determine a fit for the company.

After I explained some of my job history, they began their questions. They asked three questions, all worded in ways meant to derail you. Then they asked me if I had any questions, and ended the interview by saying I should hear back by the end of the next week. They refused to shake my hand as I left, which to me was unprofessional and rude. You are to shake hands as you enter and shake hands as you leave, that is proper interview etiquette.

However, I did not have to wait that long. They responded via email the following afternoon by saying that after reviewing my background and employment history they went with candidates with abilities and skills better suited.

I have extensive training, education, and employment - so I knew the turn down was because I have had a range of short-term and temporary positions versus long-term positions. I felt the interview itself went well despite the ending of the no handshake, so they really have a very good poker face when they're going to turn you down.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you made a mistake in the past and how you would go about not making the same mistake now, or what would you do differently if you could have?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you were not prepared for a situation, and how would you have handled that situation differently now?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you have had to go above and beyond in a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Claims Specialist II Interview

I applied online. I received a call to schedule a phone interview with hiring manager. After the initial phone interview, , a 2nd phone interview with direct supervisor was scheduled. After completing the 2nd interview an in-person interview. The interviewers used the STAR method during the process. I was told that I interviewed well and although they were impressed with education and experience, they went with another candidate.

Sales and Customer Service Representative Interview

As seems like common practice nowadays, I had to go through a staffing agency to first make contact with the company. The whole process was very well executed, though. Both the staffing agency and Nationwide reps were firmly on the same page throughout. It was very fair and thorough. Exactly as you would expect from a Fortune 500 company.

Interview Questions
    • What do you find to be your biggest weakness pertaining to this position?   Answer Question

Member Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide in January 2015.

Very long took 4 weeks have to pass the assessment first then you get a virtual interview if you do well you get 2nd interview which I did the two people that interview me one name Victor made me feel really uncomfortable and I knew I wasn't going to get the job and I didn't

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you made a mistake and how did you fix it   View Answer

IT Applications Development Interview

I applied online and got response with in a month(I do not remember correctly). I was asked to set up a time slot for the interview and I did it. I got interviewed by two people over the phone. The interview was mainly about discussing my resume and also they asked me various behavioral questions. The interviewer told me they will get back with in a week but it's almost three weeks and even the HR who set up the interview seems to have not heard back from those interviewers. I am still waiting hoping that they will get back to me. I feel that in a big company like these, these kinds of practices should not be encouraged because they can not keep candidates waiting for a long time after telling them that they will get back in some time.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions because most of those were behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Conference/Event Planning Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide.

Had a phone/screening interview with a manager in HR followed by an in-person group (2 ppl) interview. I would have been working with and directly reporting to these two interviewers. They alternated asking me pre-deteremined/canned interview questions off of a printed-off company list of interview questions. They also recorded (via writing down) my responses. It was very non-conversational and I never felt like they asked any insightful questions to my work history or capabilities in the potential role. I left disappointed in the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Was not expecting the lack of an organic/insightful conversation between myself and the interviewers to truly determine if I was a proper fit for the role.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nationwide.

I met with a current Marketing employee at a career fair, gave her my resume and received a phone call in 2 months asking me to fly to Columbus. Typically, I believe the process entails one phone interview and then a fly out to HQ. My experience is not the norm.

Interview Questions
    • None. The questions are pretty easy. It's your typical behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    N/A