Nationwide Interview Questions

2.8

Member Care Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nationwide in January 2013.

Filled out the online application, did an assessment, had the onsite interview. Interviewer was very friendly and positive. Asked standard questions about employment history and job scenarios. Office was very pleasant and security was tight.

Interview Questions
    • They asked straight forward questions about customer service and how to handle irate customers   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation. $13.60 plus a 15% shift differential if your shift ended after 6pm

IT Consultant/Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Nationwide.

Attended the National Black MBA career fair. Talked to Nationwide team in one of the booths. Immediately was invited for interview. After the interview, immediately was given the internship offer for the next summer . The interview was primarily behavioral. With questions relating to past experiences and some situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you were given 30second to convince your client that your product is the best what line will you use.   Answer Question

Marketing Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at Nationwide in July 2014.

Nationwide is a great company with many good things to offer. Unfortunately, their hiring process is lacking. Two times I've experienced long delays and unresponsive recruiters. The first experience I had in interviewing with them, the process took about 10 weeks. I had one phone interview and nine in-person interviews (yes, NINE). After I completed the last interview, they told me that they would make the decision quickly. I checked in with my recruiter weekly or every other week. After six weeks, she called me to say that they were going "in a different direction."

The second time NW sought me out, on the recommendation of the hiring manager (who didn't hire me the last time). I had three phone interviews...and waited...and waited some more--another 4 weeks. I withdrew my name from consideration--"ain't nobody got time for that." I have a great job with a great company, and they don't jerk people around like that. Ever.

NW will tell you that they want to hire quickly, but then they fail to follow up. My impression of the company has not changed, but I would never waste my time going through their recruiting process again.

Investigations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Nationwide in June 2010.

oral interview only, two manageers, no references needed for in person interview, no work product productions, no resume required. Seemed to be a personality test only. Delt with HR after interview for hiring and drug testing etc. managers were only involved in interview. Minimal training after this with computer programs

Interview Questions
    pay and time off only negotiation

Claims Casualty Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Nationwide in June 2010.

It helps a lot if you know someone there, because they have thousands of job applications being sent at all times, and most applicants pretty much have similar qualifications. They almost always require prior work experience, so it helps if you work somewhere else for a few years, then apply to nationwide. They take a loooooong time to get back to you with their decision, because it's a huge company and there are many layers of management who have to sign off on new hires.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me for a copy of my most recent performance review.   View Answer

Junior Analyst/Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nationwide.

I got the interview through a recruiter. Interview was with 2 people but pretty laid back. Mostly asked about my experience coming out of school. Also asked a bit about my experience using Ruby/Cucumber, as that's what their application development team uses for testing.

Interview Questions

I had a better offer elsewhere

Senior Analyst Business Development Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Nationwide.

I went through 3 rounds of interviews including 2 phone interviews and a full day of interviews within the organization. I then met with 6 people the day of the scheduled interview with about 45 minutes with each of them.

Interview Questions
    • I'm really not sure what the most difficult question was.   Answer Question

Claims Specialist I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Nationwide in June 2014.

Within a week that the online application was sent, I received an email that stated that minimum qualifications had been met and they now needed me to fill out and submit a screening questionnaire. The questionnaire helped me prepare for the interview. A week later, I was called to schedule in for an interview for that same week. The interview was very professional, but at the same time relaxed. It was more of an ongoing conversation as opposed to other question-based interviews. The interviewer was very approachable and open to questions. I was told that all candidates would have a later interview were they would have the opportunity to see exactly what the job was by sitting with other peers to observe and meet with the manager. About 2 weeks later, that second interview was set. Employees were very kind and friendly. Although, there was a high volume workload that day, I was pleasantly surprised with the work environment. Everyone seemed to get along well. After the interview, I was told to be in the outlook for a decision by that same week. And accurately, 3 days later, I received the offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • No particular question was difficult or unexpected. There was an emphasis on being aware of working on CAT.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst, IT Ops - PCT Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Nationwide in May 2014.

I applied on career builder. I did not hear anything for almost three months and thought my resume went into a black hole. To my surprise I was contacted for a phone interview after all the time had passed. I interviewed successfully with one of Nationwide’s recruiters over the phone and went to a two person onsite interview which was supposed to last an hour, but went well over. The interviewers asked typical IT Operation questions around prioritization and behavior questions. They explained what type of work would be performed on a day to day basis, which lined up to my experience very well. Then I was asked normal support questions. The questions were not difficult for me to answer. I was told to expect to hear something back in a few weeks, since they wanted to move quickly. I never received a call back or email. I asked for feedback about a month later and did not hear anything back. Since I did not hear anything, positive or negative, I would be a detractor towards Nationwide’s talent management processes.

Senior Secretary Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nationwide.

Most that I have interviewed with lack proper or thorough skills. They enjoy repeating the same question. Rarely is anyone in the interview able to provide a concise description of the position and duties. Most that I have interviewed with also do not dress properly. I was always dressed better than anyone interviewing me. They like to tout their work/life balance.

Interview Questions
    • There really aren't any. There is nothing new or original in their interviews. Each person is supplied with multiple questions to choose from.   Answer Question

Worked for Nationwide? Contribute to the Community!