Nationwide Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.8

Casualty Claims Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

Applied online for the job. I received an email later to schedule an interview. Set up a date during the week. Mine was in the afternoon at the regional claims office. I was interviewed by two claims managers. Started out with introductions. They alternated asking a series of questions, writing down as much as they could. They then answered any questions I had and gave me a tour of the building.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you've used diversity to accomplish something?   Answer Question

National Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

A few assessments, virtual interview on computer and phone then 2 more in person interviews. Mostly STAR questions. Walk me through your resume. Sell yourself! Asked to verify licensing and background very early on.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary.

Marketing Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

- Brief 10 minute interview with Director of Marketing Research and Senior Team Leader - They will make a quick decision. I was notified the same day - Great pay and they also provide housing downtown for the summer

Interview Questions

• - Walk through your resume - Why market research? - Why you opposed to other candidates?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Behavioral interview asking about past experience and how it could map to current intern opportunities. Mentions overall business as well. On the spot offer. Also, tries to find out if you can work independently.

Personal Lines Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Interview

Once your application is accepted, you are asked to come in and you meet with one or more managers that will ask per-determined questions. They will take notes on your responses and often ask for examples of how you handled a certain situation. They then rate you on your responses and rate you compared to the other applicants.

Interview Questions

• competency based - tell me about a time you had to deliver bad news.   Answer Question

Negotiation

simple at the time.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Brea, CA).

Interview

Contacted by recruiter. Had an in-person interview with the hiring manager and then got to meet the team I was going to be on. First interview is heavy on the technicals, and the team interview is more behavioral and personality-type questions. Nothing too difficult, just need to brush up on object oriented and have a willingness to learn.

Interview Questions

• Lots of object oriented questions. Design algorithm to convert an integer to binary   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

I applied on Indeed.com and was contacted 10 days later for an interview. I went in for an interview 4 days later. I was interviewed by two managers and there were about 6 behavioral questions and 6 situational based questions. Overall it was a positive experience and they were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best candidate for the position? Tell me about a time that you had to work on an assignment that was not apart of your job.   Answer Question

Associate Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Columbia, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, few days later received a phone call from recruiter and scheduled interview. Two people were asking questions and writing notes, when I was answering. They were very polite and nice. They guided me through the whole process before they started the interview. They explained how many questions they will ask and it was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when you had experience working with a team member, who did not fully participate and how you involved him into the work process?   Answer Question

Member Care Representative I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Des Moines, IA) in July 2015.

Interview

I took an online assessment which simulated real-sounding calls. You must have your speakers working on your computer to take the test, because you will hear a phone ring, answer it, and then hear a simulation of a customer speaking. I had to read the directions on a simulated Call Center computer screen to know how to find and enter information correctly into the fields for 4 different companies before taking calls. Read this carefully. You really need to have a pretty good idea what the screen options are to perform well. One example of a call was, a "customer" will ask you about a trip they are taking. They are angry about the way their call was handled on a previous occassion. You must choose the best thing to say back to them from a multiple choice question. Then, you must find the tab on the screen that will take you to the travel agency company. You have to enter their customer information, like name, address and phone number. Then, you must folllow the guidelines for the travel company to resolve the customer's issue and make them happy again. You have the option to hit a replay button to hear a repeat of the last thing the caller said, but you only have 10 minutes to do the whole assessment. I had to replay each customer saying their name, address and phone number in order to enter it right, because they speak kind of fast. I think I got through 4 calls. The next step was a phone interview. The phone interview is like a real interview as far as the questions that were asked, but you answer like you are leaving a message on voice mail. You hear a question, you push a number to repeat the question and a number to leave your answer. Similar to leaving a voice mail message, however I was not able to review what I said and erase and re-record. When I read the directions, I thought I would be able to re-record my answer but I couldn't. I was having some issues with my own phone so maybe it was me. I recommend you have all your notes in front of you and be as ready as if you are in a real interview. There are 9-10 questions and they will let you look at the questions before the phone interview, so you can prepare. The questions were something like, Why do you think you would be a good fit for the job?, What does customer service mean to you?, What would a previous boss say you needed to improve on? If you have new information to learn, how do you do that? After that, I got scheduled for a face to face interview. There were two interviewers. Both were very nice and put me at ease. One talked and one typed what I was saying into a laptop. The questions were standard, Tell me about your background, Name a time when you made a mistake and what you did to fix it? They will not accept general answers. You must give one specific example of one specific incidence. Period. They are looking for happy, happy, happy people who put being helpful and friendly as the top priority. Everywhere you look in the building are motivational and ultra feel-good statements all over the walls in large lettering. Friendly people who get along seems to be very , very important to them, which I thought was great, but might not be everyone's style. They want you to use the S.T.A.R. format for answering questions (Situation-Task-Action-Result). So, you start with a specific example and tell them the Situation: What was going on, who was involved, etc. Then you tell them the Task/Action: What needed done? What did you do? What actions did you take? Then, What was the result? How did you know you hit the goal or were successful?

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how you handled it. (Like an angry customer, etc.)   Answer Question
    • What did/do you like about your last job? What is something you would change if you could?   Answer Question
    • What is something you didn't like about a previous job? What did you find challenging?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

It is a 3 step process: Phone call, Online personality and skills test, In person interview that is one on one. There is a drug test and background test once accepted.

Interview Questions

• Customer service and coworker situations. Keep in mind situations youll be able to talk about. Describe a difficult situation with a coworker, difficult situation with a customer, manager... etc. Describe a situation where you could have performed better. A situation where you over performed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A