Nationwide Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Nationwide (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

It is a 3 step process: Phone call, Online personality and skills test, In person interview that is one on one. There is a drug test and background test once accepted.

Interview Questions

• Customer service and coworker situations. Keep in mind situations youll be able to talk about. Describe a difficult situation with a coworker, difficult situation with a customer, manager... etc. Describe a situation where you could have performed better. A situation where you over performed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

I applied on Indeed.com and was contacted 10 days later for an interview. I went in for an interview 4 days later. I was interviewed by two managers and there were about 6 behavioral questions and 6 situational based questions. Overall it was a positive experience and they were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best candidate for the position?
      Tell me about a time that you had to work on an assignment that was not apart of your job.

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Online initially, personality test as well as skills test. Fairly simple.
    Face to face interview with moderate questions, i don't remember the specifics however i remember being required to answer a certain way. They would ask you a question and you would have to answer in a certain format, structure, using certain words provided.

I cant say it was extremely difficult, very casual atmosphere. However it was just a bit challenging.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

Applied in November, and they asked me to do a phone interview during January. It was a 30 minute phone interview, and they called me a week later saying that I had got the internship and if I would like to accept. The interview was fairly easy, compared to interviews I had taken at previous places. Really glad I got the internship.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I filled out a job application online. This was followed by a followup questionnaire. Then the interview. It was over 5 hours, and I met with four different managers and directors, as well as 3 peers. This was mostly a getting-to-know-you-period -- they were looking at whether I would be a good fit for the company. There were also some "what would you do in this scenario" questions as well.

Interview Questions

• If you had to make a decision based on incomplete information, what would you do?   Answer Question

Member Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

Kinda hard to get an interview. Has testing that u have to complete. Consists of phone interview, and a series of in person interviews. They look for outgoing people as you are on the phone all day with members and that is huge to Nationwide as far as member being treated like gold

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nationwide (Asheville, NC).

Interview

Painful! The agent did all the talking and asked me very few questions and really told me very little about what to expect. I wasn't given any information about benefits, or lack there of. The job I wound up doing was not at all what was discussed during the job interview.

Trial Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nationwide (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Brief screening interview with HR. The screening involved general questions based on information in my resume. Apparently, my responses got me past this step as we finished the conversation by making appointment for an interview with principals. Was interviewed by Regional Attorney and Managing Attorney approximately a week later. The RA conducted the interview. The MA asked an occasional question. The interviewers were cordial, friendly and professional. Before it was over, I sensed that I had some "holes" in my experience that they want their final candidate to already have covered. I don't expect an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Asked for familiarity with various software programs, i.e., Word Perfect, Powerpoint, MS Word   1 Answer
    • Asked why I wanted this particular job.   Answer Question
    • Asked how I have used paralegals   Answer Question
    • Asked whether I used any software, stand-alone or online to "prioritize" assignments especially in light of the fact that job required handling dozens of files at a time.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Very psychological based in nature with situational based questions... I.E. Situation, task/result. The process can be involved to include: prescreen, interview 1:1, group or panel, and follow-up for finalists. HR is generally very good, yet senior mgmt is very slow to hire. The worst thing is that the interview format doesn't allow candidates a lot of flexibility to tell their story outside of situational questions. Some of the standard interview questions aren't applicable for every job and managers don't ask many original questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to deal with ambiguity/ change management. Explain the situation and what steps you took to drive process improvement.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nationwide (Cleveland, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

You get interviewed by two people they ask you situation based questions name a time when questions they were very welcoming I had got offered the position the same day