Nationwide Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.8

Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH).

Interview

The interview was quick, and we went over basic interview questions. We went over my work experience and how it would apply to Nationwide. I was then given a brief tour of the ground floors of headquarters. It was a positive experience. Not everyone's experience will be like mine. Most interviews are going to happen with a director or manager, and may have technical questions involved.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, how it will apply here, etc. Why Nationwide?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

Applied online and heard back fairly quick. The interviewers were extremely professional despite the drawn out script of questions they had to ask. The interview was fairly dry and boring because of the script and the interviewer was looking down most of the time. Some of the questions seemed highly involved for a recent college grad applying for a rotational program, but they want the best. Make sure you do your research and a lot of it before interviewing with them!

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

Went very smooth. Treated with utmost respect. Took the elevator up and was greeted by a woman who took me to a room full of potential candidates. You could cut the tension in the room with a knife. We all waited as our specific room became available. One by one we got called in. Then the interview was pretty much exactly how you would expect it to be, outline of the job then explain yourself them behavioral questions then salary expectations. Went very well. Very happy with how they treated me

Interview Questions

• What was one of your biggest mistakes and how did you correct it   Answer Question

Claims Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nationwide (Gainesville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a very relaxed interview, but after so many with Nationwide you know that doesn't mean anything. I had no idea whether or not I got the job until I actually received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you let a customer down and what was the result?   Answer Question

Insurance Producer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

very easy, met with the agency owner and basically just went over what was expected of me on a daily basis. He had several of the usual questions that you receive in an interview: where do you see yourself in 5 years, why should i hire you, what are some of your goals, etc.

Senior Licensing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nationwide (Dublin, OH).

Interview

They asked random, layerless questions. Smile a lot. Make a lot of eye contact. Answer every question in depth! Do not be afraid to wait 5-10 seconds to think about your answer. Be personable and let your personality shine. Find a way to slide in random facts about yourself into the interview.

Interview Questions

• One, three and five year plan. Be specific.   1 Answer
    • Questions about excel always seems to come up. Good to have at least a basic knowledge.   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview

it was myself and two interviews. star method..pretty easy going interview. you will know if you did well or not before leaving. they don't keep you wondering. they go out of their way to have a casual conversation before the interview also, which was nice as a younger person who was intimidated by the process at first. overall it wasn't a bad experience. nice building too

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Marketing Leadership Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nationwide (Columbus, OH).

Interview

My 1st Interview at University and 2nd Interview at Nationwide in Columbus, Ohio. The initial interview was laid back. Following the first interview, I did not receive a call back for two months. After a couple months, they finally called back and invited me to interview at their corporate office. There were 3 interviews and it took the whole day and overall it went well. Following this interview, they NEVER called back. Not even a polite acknowledgement that I did not have an offer. This is an embarrassment for such a large company. If a candidate is willing to dedicate several hours toward your interview process, it is pathetic that they will not get back to their candidates.

Intern Interview

Interview

Submitted online application and was contacted by a recruiter for an interview. The interview was very short, it was around 20 minutes and I was emailed response right after. The interview as a whole was very easy and laid back, I don't think there is any preparation necessary. No technical questions were asked except asking what languages/what extent I was proficient.

Interview Questions

Interview

Posting internally. Reach out to hiring manager. Speak to outgoing employee. Interview face to face. Follow up interview. With certain opportunities they require a written treatise of sorts on a given topic.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you emotionally injured someone. Dumb. question.   Answer Question

Given comp increase