Nationwide Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.8

Internal Audit Analyst Interview

initial phone call to gather infor. Second phone interview, on site interview, and decision. Very structured and well organized. Equal chance for everyone involved.The onsite interview is very friendly and positive. There will of course be challenging questions. But nothing really to be afraid of. They will have someone from the department to take you out for lunch. The atmosphere was causal but professional. Got the offer in the end.

Learning & Performance Specialist Interview

My interview was very informal. I was interviewed by the current team manager who asked me some basic questions around training & development. It was mostly her explaining the job to me. I think the manager felt I was a good fit on a personal level, which made the interview very laid-back and more of a conversation.

IT Consultant/Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Nationwide.

Attended the National Black MBA career fair. Talked to Nationwide team in one of the booths. Immediately was invited for interview. After the interview, immediately was given the internship offer for the next summer . The interview was primarily behavioral. With questions relating to past experiences and some situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you were given 30second to convince your client that your product is the best what line will you use.   Answer Question

Junior Analyst/Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nationwide.

I got the interview through a recruiter. Interview was with 2 people but pretty laid back. Mostly asked about my experience coming out of school. Also asked a bit about my experience using Ruby/Cucumber, as that's what their application development team uses for testing.

Interview Questions

I had a better offer elsewhere

Senior Analyst Business Development Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Nationwide.

I went through 3 rounds of interviews including 2 phone interviews and a full day of interviews within the organization. I then met with 6 people the day of the scheduled interview with about 45 minutes with each of them.

Interview Questions
    • I'm really not sure what the most difficult question was.   Answer Question

Senior Secretary Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nationwide.

Most that I have interviewed with lack proper or thorough skills. They enjoy repeating the same question. Rarely is anyone in the interview able to provide a concise description of the position and duties. Most that I have interviewed with also do not dress properly. I was always dressed better than anyone interviewing me. They like to tout their work/life balance.

Interview Questions
    • There really aren't any. There is nothing new or original in their interviews. Each person is supplied with multiple questions to choose from.   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Nationwide.

Every agency is different. I just went in, showed my licenses, gave my personal strengths and weaknesses, expectations, described past work history, and how I would be of benefit to the agency. It was only one single interview and then we met in a coffee shop later to discuss salary. Again, every agency is different. This was a VERY small agency.

Fight for your base salary. Commission percentages aren't enough to live off of until about the 2nd year.

Marketing Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at Nationwide in July 2014.

Nationwide is a great company with many good things to offer. Unfortunately, their hiring process is lacking. Two times I've experienced long delays and unresponsive recruiters. The first experience I had in interviewing with them, the process took about 10 weeks. I had one phone interview and nine in-person interviews (yes, NINE). After I completed the last interview, they told me that they would make the decision quickly. I checked in with my recruiter weekly or every other week. After six weeks, she called me to say that they were going "in a different direction."

The second time NW sought me out, on the recommendation of the hiring manager (who didn't hire me the last time). I had three phone interviews...and waited...and waited some more--another 4 weeks. I withdrew my name from consideration--"ain't nobody got time for that." I have a great job with a great company, and they don't jerk people around like that. Ever.

NW will tell you that they want to hire quickly, but then they fail to follow up. My impression of the company has not changed, but I would never waste my time going through their recruiting process again.

Claims Representative Interview

Interview was very cursory the interview was too short, the interview did not cover relevant material the interview did not focus on my previous employment the interview did not focus on my strengths

Claims Specialist I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Nationwide in June 2014.

Within a week that the online application was sent, I received an email that stated that minimum qualifications had been met and they now needed me to fill out and submit a screening questionnaire. The questionnaire helped me prepare for the interview. A week later, I was called to schedule in for an interview for that same week. The interview was very professional, but at the same time relaxed. It was more of an ongoing conversation as opposed to other question-based interviews. The interviewer was very approachable and open to questions. I was told that all candidates would have a later interview were they would have the opportunity to see exactly what the job was by sitting with other peers to observe and meet with the manager. About 2 weeks later, that second interview was set. Employees were very kind and friendly. Although, there was a high volume workload that day, I was pleasantly surprised with the work environment. Everyone seemed to get along well. After the interview, I was told to be in the outlook for a decision by that same week. And accurately, 3 days later, I received the offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • No particular question was difficult or unexpected. There was an emphasis on being aware of working on CAT.   Answer Question

Worked for Nationwide? Contribute to the Community!