Nationwide

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

2.7

IT Applications Development Interview

I applied online and got response with in a month(I do not remember correctly). I was asked to set up a time slot for the interview and I did it. I got interviewed by two people over the phone. The interview was mainly about discussing my resume and also they asked me various behavioral questions. The interviewer told me they will get back with in a week but it's almost three weeks and even the HR who set up the interview seems to have not heard back from those interviewers. I am still waiting hoping that they will get back to me. I feel that in a big company like these, these kinds of practices should not be encouraged because they can not keep candidates waiting for a long time after telling them that they will get back in some time.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions because most of those were behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Conference/Event Planning Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide.

Had a phone/screening interview with a manager in HR followed by an in-person group (2 ppl) interview. I would have been working with and directly reporting to these two interviewers. They alternated asking me pre-deteremined/canned interview questions off of a printed-off company list of interview questions. They also recorded (via writing down) my responses. It was very non-conversational and I never felt like they asked any insightful questions to my work history or capabilities in the potential role. I left disappointed in the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Was not expecting the lack of an organic/insightful conversation between myself and the interviewers to truly determine if I was a proper fit for the role.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nationwide.

I met with a current Marketing employee at a career fair, gave her my resume and received a phone call in 2 months asking me to fly to Columbus. Typically, I believe the process entails one phone interview and then a fly out to HQ. My experience is not the norm.

Interview Questions
    • None. The questions are pretty easy. It's your typical behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    N/A

Intern Interview

Talked to them at my college career fair. Was then contacted to have an interview with them. Talked to three different people each for a half an hour. Mostly just asked about me. One asked me about my resume another asked about why I wanted the position and what are my goals while the last person asked mostly behavioral questions.

Insurance Agent Interview

Basic phone interview leading to an in person interview. It was typical questions that any other company would ask like: GPA, experience similar to job applied to. I would recommend this to friends because it is a great place to start a career any maybe be your future career.

IT Applications Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nationwide.

Applied through the Career Fair at OSU. Got the call on the same day and was scheduled for an interview on the following day. The interview was mostly informal, involved a mix of behavioural and technical questions, but nothing really too difficult. Spoke about my prior experience and how to overcome the most difficult situation faced in my professional experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a particularly difficult situation faced by you at work and how you managed to overcome it, if you did.   Answer Question
    Intern- No negotiation.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nationwide.

I had an interview with them at a conference for their Data Analysis team. The interview was very easy, behavior only questions. Most of it was the person interviewing me explaining what I would be doing, what their goals are, and how they need people. She asked me mostly what I was doing in school in why, what I liked about it, etc. This happened on October 10th. It is now a month later and I STILL haven't heard back from them, even when the person who interviewed me told me I would hear back in about two weeks.

Interview Questions

They still have not gotten back to me more than a month after I had the interview. Absolutely ridiculous and unprofessional.

Project Management Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nationwide.

Got the job through National Black MBA conference. Interview is pretty straight forward. They mainly focus on your passion towards project management and the company. Do your due diligence before talking to a recruiter. It helps. Prove to the recruiter that you are passionate about project management and that you have relevant experience.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the PM practices at Nationwide?   Answer Question
    No Negotiation!

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide.

Spoke with a recruiter first in an on campus interview. Then was called and spoke with two managers. The questions were designed to make you think, but the interviewers weren't critical. After I was offered a job I was given 24 hours to complete a drug test, which was difficult to schedule, but I was able to beg a hospital to do it for me.

No negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide.

The process took about 2-3 weeks. Phone interview followed by an in-person interview...basically the same questions both times. They also had typing and personality testing. I stayed with the company for 3 years and was pretty satisfied.