Nationwide

Relevance Date Difficulty

Internal Auditor Interview

Internal Auditor
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nationwide in April 2010.

Interview Details – This was a Pay Band D position. The interview lasted 8 hours, including lunch. The Director at the time had people take a weird "brain teasers" test he made up. It was irrelevant & seemed to test how you would function under pressure & was entertainment for the Director. An interview should not last 8 hours unless it's a V.P level job or above. But a pay band D? Absurd.

Interview Question – Multiplication, division & algebraic questions that you had to do in your head. Very complex brain teasers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They told my supervisor they were going to make me an offer. They told me what my salary was going to be & offered to pay moving expenses from San Antonio to Columbus Ohio. No negotiating.

NONE Interview

NONE
Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview Details – Informational interview, with a panel, they were professional and friendly, made me feel at ease. Followed by a phone interview. Very professional

Interview Question – Tell me of a time you led a group to accept a change they did not support   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nationwide in March 2013.

Interview Details – Started out with a phone interview and they asked a lot of behavioural questions. After a few weeks, they will call you for an onsite interview if they like you. The on site interview is entire day. Be prepared to be interviewed by multiple people. and they will take you to an informal lunch as well.

Interview Question – What can you bring to our company.   Answer Question

Entry Level Programmer Interview

Entry Level Programmer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview Details – went for a entry-level programmer position at Nationwide ADT. The conversation took about 30 minutes. All behavioral and simple questions asked by two interviewers.

Interview Question – Have you had any previous experience in software projects   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Direct Regional Sales Agent Interview

Direct Regional Sales Agent
Des Moines, IA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nationwide in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter through my resume posting on Careerbuilder.com. She contacted me entirely too often for never really having any news. We had an initial phone interview that was very typical of phone interviews topical questions about who you are and why you would be a good fit for the company. From there you have a face to face with the manager that you will be working under. The same kind of questions were asked that were asked in the phone interview but they wanted you give more elaborate answers. Next, you go and shadow one of the senior sales agent for about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – None of the questions were really different or unexpected. All they really wanted to know is what drives you and what you will bring to the team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasnt any. They told you how many hours you will be working and the starting salary is $30k with bonuses, compensation and benefits package.

Claims Specialist Interview

Claims Specialist

Interviewed at Nationwide

Interview Details – Simple, behavioral questions and STAR was used a lot.

Interview Question – STAR   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate salary

Process Management Intern Interview

Process Management Intern
Des Moines, IA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Nationwide in December 2013.

Interview Details – They were looking for someone who could work part time during the school year and full time during the summer.

The interview was easy, but seemed a little too laid back. Both interviewers were nice, but appeared unprepared for the interview. They asked a couple behavioral questions, outlined the position's responsibilities, and opened the time up to my questions. They were very up front about the fact that a portion of my time would be spent doing busy work (labeling folders, taking notes in meetings for the supervisor).

I was told I would hear back in a week. Three weeks later, I received a call asking if I would be interested in interviewing for an Application Development Intern position (more in my field of interest). I turned down the interview since I was starting classes in two days.

Interview Question – They just asked a few simple behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Test Analyst Interview

Test Analyst
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview Details – Just one round of Interview and went very smooth. Manager is very friendly in the process and overall a good and short interview

IT Audit Specialist Interview

IT Audit Specialist
Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Nationwide in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had two phone interviews and one on site interview. They didn't get back to me after my onsite interview for a month, offering no feedback or communication at all until they offered me the job.

Interview Question – Describe your work style.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a relocation package but not my salary at all.

On Your Side Sales and Service Advocate Interview

On Your Side Sales and Service Advocate
Southfield, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nationwide in March 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview was pretty standard. The manager there is a total weirdo though, so it was pretty awkward/

Interview Question – Honestly, just your traditional, "Name a time when you(Fill in the blank) and you had to fix the situation," type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real ability to negotiate. Pretty much standard pay brackets.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nationwide