Nationwide Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.8

Claims Representative Interview

Interview was very cursory the interview was too short, the interview did not cover relevant material the interview did not focus on my previous employment the interview did not focus on my strengths

Claims Specialist I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nationwide in June 2014.

Within a week that the online application was sent, I received an email that stated that minimum qualifications had been met and they now needed me to fill out and submit a screening questionnaire. The questionnaire helped me prepare for the interview. A week later, I was called to schedule in for an interview for that same week. The interview was very professional, but at the same time relaxed. It was more of an ongoing conversation as opposed to other question-based interviews. The interviewer was very approachable and open to questions. I was told that all candidates would have a later interview were they would have the opportunity to see exactly what the job was by sitting with other peers to observe and meet with the manager. About 2 weeks later, that second interview was set. Employees were very kind and friendly. Although, there was a high volume workload that day, I was pleasantly surprised with the work environment. Everyone seemed to get along well. After the interview, I was told to be in the outlook for a decision by that same week. And accurately, 3 days later, I received the offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • No particular question was difficult or unexpected. There was an emphasis on being aware of working on CAT.   Answer Question

Bilingual Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Nationwide.

Applied online, received a call for an initial interview, interviewed with hiring manager, got a call back a day later that I got the job. This fifty word minimum requirement for reviews is B.S.

Interview Questions
    None, you're told your salary, and if applicable, your differential for language/hours worked.

Member Care Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nationwide.

Applied online and contacted by a recruiter who explained everything - salary, what to expect, nature of the job. Interviewed by 2 supervisors. All 3 were very comfortable and friendly, easy to connect with and talk to. So many other jobs will intimidate you, but this is not their intention - I was pleasantly surprised by the interview, and really enjoyed it. It made me want to work here.

Casualty Claims Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide.

I applied on line and within a week I received a call from the HR representative scheduling the interview for the following week. The interviewers did not make me feel welcome or relaxed. It was a tense interview. I was not impressed with this type of interview. This is the first one I have had like this in years.

Intern Interview

It was more of an information sharing on their part than was an interview where I was asked questions. They were impressed by the kind of work that I had already done in my previous job.

Senior Analyst, IT Ops - PCT Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Nationwide in May 2014.

I applied on career builder. I did not hear anything for almost three months and thought my resume went into a black hole. To my surprise I was contacted for a phone interview after all the time had passed. I interviewed successfully with one of Nationwide’s recruiters over the phone and went to a two person onsite interview which was supposed to last an hour, but went well over. The interviewers asked typical IT Operation questions around prioritization and behavior questions. They explained what type of work would be performed on a day to day basis, which lined up to my experience very well. Then I was asked normal support questions. The questions were not difficult for me to answer. I was told to expect to hear something back in a few weeks, since they wanted to move quickly. I never received a call back or email. I asked for feedback about a month later and did not hear anything back. Since I did not hear anything, positive or negative, I would be a detractor towards Nationwide’s talent management processes.

Pricing Analyst/Actuary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied online – interviewed at Nationwide.

Had a phone interview with a pricing manager a few weeks after I applied and was contacted several weeks later for an in person interview. This interview went from 9am-2pm and consisted of many different interviews lasting 30 minutes with pricing managers and AVPs from different departments. Mostly questions asking about examples of decision making processes and working with a group.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a decision you have made that you wish you would have made differently   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Nationwide.

Apply, assessment, phone interview, then in person. Their Phone Interviewers are sneaky with their questions

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you messed up and how you fixed the issue. Have to be careful about it answering it.   Answer Question

NONE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nationwide.

Informational interview, with a panel, they were professional and friendly, made me feel at ease. Followed by a phone interview. Very professional

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time you led a group to accept a change they did not support   Answer Question