Nationwide

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.7

Senior Analyst Business Development Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Nationwide.

I went through 3 rounds of interviews including 2 phone interviews and a full day of interviews within the organization. I then met with 6 people the day of the scheduled interview with about 45 minutes with each of them.

Interview Questions
    • I'm really not sure what the most difficult question was.   Answer Question

Senior Secretary Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nationwide.

Most that I have interviewed with lack proper or thorough skills. They enjoy repeating the same question. Rarely is anyone in the interview able to provide a concise description of the position and duties. Most that I have interviewed with also do not dress properly. I was always dressed better than anyone interviewing me. They like to tout their work/life balance.

Interview Questions
    • There really aren't any. There is nothing new or original in their interviews. Each person is supplied with multiple questions to choose from.   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nationwide.

Every agency is different. I just went in, showed my licenses, gave my personal strengths and weaknesses, expectations, described past work history, and how I would be of benefit to the agency. It was only one single interview and then we met in a coffee shop later to discuss salary. Again, every agency is different. This was a VERY small agency.

Fight for your base salary. Commission percentages aren't enough to live off of until about the 2nd year.

Marketing Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nationwide in July 2014.

Nationwide is a great company with many good things to offer. Unfortunately, their hiring process is lacking. Two times I've experienced long delays and unresponsive recruiters. The first experience I had in interviewing with them, the process took about 10 weeks. I had one phone interview and nine in-person interviews (yes, NINE). After I completed the last interview, they told me that they would make the decision quickly. I checked in with my recruiter weekly or every other week. After six weeks, she called me to say that they were going "in a different direction."

The second time NW sought me out, on the recommendation of the hiring manager (who didn't hire me the last time). I had three phone interviews...and waited...and waited some more--another 4 weeks. I withdrew my name from consideration--"ain't nobody got time for that." I have a great job with a great company, and they don't jerk people around like that. Ever.

NW will tell you that they want to hire quickly, but then they fail to follow up. My impression of the company has not changed, but I would never waste my time going through their recruiting process again.

Claims Representative Interview

Interview was very cursory the interview was too short, the interview did not cover relevant material the interview did not focus on my previous employment the interview did not focus on my strengths

Claims Specialist I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nationwide in June 2014.

Within a week that the online application was sent, I received an email that stated that minimum qualifications had been met and they now needed me to fill out and submit a screening questionnaire. The questionnaire helped me prepare for the interview. A week later, I was called to schedule in for an interview for that same week. The interview was very professional, but at the same time relaxed. It was more of an ongoing conversation as opposed to other question-based interviews. The interviewer was very approachable and open to questions. I was told that all candidates would have a later interview were they would have the opportunity to see exactly what the job was by sitting with other peers to observe and meet with the manager. About 2 weeks later, that second interview was set. Employees were very kind and friendly. Although, there was a high volume workload that day, I was pleasantly surprised with the work environment. Everyone seemed to get along well. After the interview, I was told to be in the outlook for a decision by that same week. And accurately, 3 days later, I received the offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • No particular question was difficult or unexpected. There was an emphasis on being aware of working on CAT.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide in June 2014.

You had to complete an online personality test and another one involving simulated customer calls. I did an interview with two people at their office, the manager that was supposed to interview me was not available that day and I didn't find out until I got there. It was the typical STAR questions and nothing out of the ordinary. I was told I would be given a decision (either way) by the end of the week and never heard back from them. I emailed my interviewers/HR about 3 weeks later for an answer.

Interview Questions
    • I applied for the Chinese Speaking unit and was asked to take a simulated call in Mandarin. Make sure to bring your own pen and paper.   Answer Question

Bilingual Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Nationwide.

Applied online, received a call for an initial interview, interviewed with hiring manager, got a call back a day later that I got the job. This fifty word minimum requirement for reviews is B.S.

Interview Questions
    None, you're told your salary, and if applicable, your differential for language/hours worked.

Member Care Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nationwide.

Applied online and contacted by a recruiter who explained everything - salary, what to expect, nature of the job. Interviewed by 2 supervisors. All 3 were very comfortable and friendly, easy to connect with and talk to. So many other jobs will intimidate you, but this is not their intention - I was pleasantly surprised by the interview, and really enjoyed it. It made me want to work here.

Casualty Claims Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide.

I applied on line and within a week I received a call from the HR representative scheduling the interview for the following week. The interviewers did not make me feel welcome or relaxed. It was a tense interview. I was not impressed with this type of interview. This is the first one I have had like this in years.