Nationwide

Very Easy Interview

Direct Regional Sales Agent Interview

Direct Regional Sales Agent
Des Moines, IA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nationwide in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter through my resume posting on Careerbuilder.com. She contacted me entirely too often for never really having any news. We had an initial phone interview that was very typical of phone interviews topical questions about who you are and why you would be a good fit for the company. From there you have a face to face with the manager that you will be working under. The same kind of questions were asked that were asked in the phone interview but they wanted you give more elaborate answers. Next, you go and shadow one of the senior sales agent for about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – None of the questions were really different or unexpected. All they really wanted to know is what drives you and what you will bring to the team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasnt any. They told you how many hours you will be working and the starting salary is $30k with bonuses, compensation and benefits package.

Claims Specialist Interview

Claims Specialist

Interviewed at Nationwide

Interview Details – Simple, behavioral questions and STAR was used a lot.

Interview Question – STAR   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate salary

Process Management Intern Interview

Process Management Intern
Des Moines, IA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Nationwide in December 2013.

Interview Details – They were looking for someone who could work part time during the school year and full time during the summer.

The interview was easy, but seemed a little too laid back. Both interviewers were nice, but appeared unprepared for the interview. They asked a couple behavioral questions, outlined the position's responsibilities, and opened the time up to my questions. They were very up front about the fact that a portion of my time would be spent doing busy work (labeling folders, taking notes in meetings for the supervisor).

I was told I would hear back in a week. Three weeks later, I received a call asking if I would be interested in interviewing for an Application Development Intern position (more in my field of interest). I turned down the interview since I was starting classes in two days.

Interview Question – They just asked a few simple behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Test Analyst Interview

Test Analyst
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview Details – Just one round of Interview and went very smooth. Manager is very friendly in the process and overall a good and short interview

IT Audit Specialist Interview

IT Audit Specialist
Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Nationwide in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had two phone interviews and one on site interview. They didn't get back to me after my onsite interview for a month, offering no feedback or communication at all until they offered me the job.

Interview Question – Describe your work style.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a relocation package but not my salary at all.

Member Service Representative I Interview

Member Service Representative I
San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nationwide in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on line then Received an email telling me to take the assessment for this position. I took the assessment the same day. The following day I received an email from one of the recruiters saying she passed my information on to another recruiter who will contact me to schedule a phone interview. In about 3 hours after that email, I received a phone call and the recruiter wanted to interview me right away. The interview lasted about 5 minutes and I was told right there and then I made it to the second round. My second interview date was schedule for the following week.

Interview Question – Most of the questions was situational questions. Like tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer? Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what did you do to correct it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation they already have a set salary.

Clerk Interview

Clerk

I applied online - interviewed at Nationwide in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview went well. The interviewer was very professional and to the point.

Interview Question – How would benefit this company. We have something to offer you what do you have to offer us.   Answer Question

On Your Side Sales and Service Advocate Interview

On Your Side Sales and Service Advocate
Southfield, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nationwide in March 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview was pretty standard. The manager there is a total weirdo though, so it was pretty awkward/

Interview Question – Honestly, just your traditional, "Name a time when you(Fill in the blank) and you had to fix the situation," type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real ability to negotiate. Pretty much standard pay brackets.

P/C Processor Interview

P/C Processor
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nationwide in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online through nationwide.com. I received an email the next day for an online assessment. It was like a test, to see your knowledge with computer and personality stuff. The next day I received a call from the recruiter to schedule a phone interview for the following day. I had the phone interview on a Thursday and immediately on that was scheduled for an in person interview the following Monday. The phone and inperson interview use the STAR method. The in person was about 1 1/2 hrs long. They did 6 STAR questions, went over my resume, then I sat with an employee for about 15 min. They asked me one more question and said they would call me, but it may be about 2 weeks before I hear anything.

Interview Question – There wasn't 1 specific hard question, but definitely know what STAR method means before you go and be detailed. They ask you a lot of followup questions for every original question.   View Answers (2)

Communications Consultant Interview

Communications Consultant
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Nationwide.

Interview Details – You have to be ready for many interviews. It is competitive

Interview Question – What is your biggest career disappointment?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation, but you should try.