Nationwide Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nationwide in November 2010.

A phone interview was conducted with three people in a conference call to talk about the company and their current project for which they were looking for a new hire.

They asked about my experience in a recent position and asked some questions about Object Oriented Programming principles (adamant that there were four of them -- they were looking for textbook responses, but the responses they confided to me they were looking for were a bit overlapping). They were also interested in frameworks that I've had experience with.

The face to face interview was with the same three people and the manager. A similar process of asking about programming principles took place, and we discussed the architecture of the project once more.

I was later informed that they wouldn't be able to hire me due to budget concerns.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nationwide

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nationwide in November 2009.

A single in-person interview with no technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Basic canned interview questions, such as "What is your biggest fault?"   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation offered, and I was too junior to realize I had the opportunity to do so.