Natixis

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Assistant Interview

Summer Assistant

Interviewed at Natixis

Interview Details – I actually knew the equity derivative manager who was recruiting for summer intern, first round was with the equity derivative manager himself and his associate, and back-to-back with HR personal

Interview Question – a lot of questions asking financial terminology, what is the most recent M&A deals, do you know S&P 500 stuff   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Natixis in March 2013.

Interview Details – The process was very simple and easy thanks to a good coordination between HR and the operating team. I got only 1 round of interview thanks my previous experience, and it went well. It worked culturally and professionally. That's why I accepted the offer, which had also good financial terms.

Interview Question – No real difficult question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, the offer was already more than I was expecting, and more than average

Compliance Intern Interview

Compliance Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Natixis in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interview with the CCO and HR. Both seemed relatively lax, made sure that you understood the role and anticipated the work load and expressed their love for the company. Steered towards teaching and training.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected, just come prepared and it will be easy   Answer Question

Investment Consultant Interview

Investment Consultant
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Natixis.

Interview Details – Good cop/bad cop style interview with two managers

Interview Question – Can't remember at this point... think it was something along the lines of "Who's your personal hero" or what drives you in sales   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Base non-negotiable

Investment Consultant Interview

Investment Consultant
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Natixis.

Interview Details – More of a personal fit questioning rather than technical market related, just be a good person and you should do fine.

Interview Question – Wasn't any   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not very much

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Natixis.

Interview Details – Superday involved. It begins with an initial phone screening. Behavioral questions only. Then comes an in office superday, it is very typical. You interview with a person in every step of the hierarchy ( analyst, associate, vp, director) and also with HR. The interviews are both technical and behavioral, there is a good mix. The combination is based more on the individual person you are interviewing with than a set structure.

Interview Question – there are no case studies but they will set up scenarios and ask you to respond to them, the scenarios are quantitative in nature.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was paid on par with bb banks so i did not see the point in negotiating any further.

Equity Intern Interview

Equity Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Natixis.

Interview Details – Highly technical interview. Lots of questions digging deep into the ins and outs of option pricing and its application in equity product offerings. A certain level of knowledge in hedging strategies with equity products is helpful. Be ready to comment on the equity market specifically and state your case for asset allocation and equity pick (long/short) under current situation.

Friendly interviews and informative interview.

Interview Question – Tax treatment on MLP and its implication in offering equity product strategy   Answer Question

IT Interview

IT
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Natixis in April 2012.

Interview Details – My interview experience was mixed but raised some red flags
Interviewer #1 - 15 mins late. In the middle, he needed to take a call which created a delay for interviewer #2, hiring manaher
Interviewer #2 - was pressed for time. Didn't get a real good vibe from this individual
Interviewer #3 - HR... standard HR screen
Interviewer #4 - VP Best interviewer of all. Felt strong rapport with her.

Since my interview was on a Thursday, I found out that they had made an offer to another candidate on Tues.
Leads me to believe this was just a "courtesy" interview and that they probably already made their decision before I arrived for the interview. I think they were trying to keep the recruiter appeased. Oh well, lesson well learend

Interview Question – Standard questions.nothing really challenging   Answer Question

Graduate Intern Interview

Graduate Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Natixis in December 2011.

Interview Details – Did one Interview with the Hiring Manager and a month later did a second round interview with the same manager and was ultimately offered a position. Mostly it was a discussion...no teaser questions or anything like that. I would imagine that the interview process varies by manager.

Assistant Vice President, Investment Strategy Interview

Assistant Vice President, Investment Strategy
Boston, MA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Natixis in January 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was thorough, I met with 4 people for 45 minutes each during my the process. The people were very nice and the interview went well, they ended up putting on a hiring freeze after I interviewed and reopened the search a few months later.

Interview Question – What is your current outlook on the market?   Answer Question

Worked for Natixis? Contribute to the Community!