Nature Publishing Group

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Editor Interview

Editor

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Nature Publishing Group in February 2009.

Interview Details – The first show of interest was quick, but then it dragged on. I must not have been exactly who they were looking for, which is fine. I felt very uncomfortable (personality clash?) during the interview. It is worth remembering that at the same time they are interviewing you, you are also interviewing them. HR was very helpful.

Interview Question – Although not directly, I was asked about my age.   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Editor
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nature Publishing Group in March 2009.

Interview Details – Selection consists of several steps, written tests, manuscript analysis, general knowledge, motivation.
first steps remotely via email, then personal interview.
I was expecting some scientific staff to be attending the interview, but it was all internally managed.
I had the impression people were not especially interested in understanding my personality, it was a bit cold and detached.
I was expecting a very challenging interview, yet it was pretty straightforward.

Interview Question – what new section would you add to the journal?   Answer Question

Worked for Nature Publishing Group? Contribute to the Community!