Nature Publishing Group Interview Questions

Circulation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nature Publishing Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Be prepared to possible take a test for the position you are seeking. Bring examples of your accomplishments

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate however if you are skilled at it. Go for it.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nature Publishing Group.

Interview

Had 3 interviews. People are nice and I recommend you be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult - tell me about yourself and your work experiences, why do you want to work in HR, etc...the general interview questions   Answer Question

Senior Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nature Publishing Group (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

First I met with one person for the first round. After that I met with 2 more people at the second interview including the first one that interviewed me. Second interview lasted almost 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• What are some difficulties do you expect to have in this position   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nature Publishing Group in February 2009.

Interview

The first show of interest was quick, but then it dragged on. I must not have been exactly who they were looking for, which is fine. I felt very uncomfortable (personality clash?) during the interview. It is worth remembering that at the same time they are interviewing you, you are also interviewing them. HR was very helpful.

Assistant Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nature Publishing Group (New York, NY) in July 2007.

Interview

Interview was very well-organized. Interviewed with different members of the group I would be working with, which gave me a good sense of the group dynamics, and what went on on a day-to-day basis. Skills tests pertaining to editing skills, prioritization skills, and an excel assessment. Contacted me with their decision in a timely manner.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nature Publishing Group in August 2009.

Interview

2 face to face interviews, second one with presentation, quite easy and positive

Interview Questions

• what do you think is the most important thing to know in this job   1 Answer
    • If you had a dinner next week, who would you invite?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none, take it or leave it

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nature Publishing Group (London, England (UK)) in March 2009.

Interview

Selection consists of several steps, written tests, manuscript analysis, general knowledge, motivation.
    first steps remotely via email, then personal interview.
    I was expecting some scientific staff to be attending the interview, but it was all internally managed.
    I had the impression people were not especially interested in understanding my personality, it was a bit cold and detached.
    I was expecting a very challenging interview, yet it was pretty straightforward.