Naughty Dog

Relevance Date Difficulty

Dog Walker Interview

Dog Walker

Interviewed at Naughty Dog

Interview Details – mostly feats of strength. The criminal background check process is obviously faulty. Don't wear anything bright to the interview, it incites them. Other than that, a really solid interview process and some practice dog training.

Interview Question – how tall are you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Arm wrestle me.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Naughty Dog in February 2014.

Interview Details – Naughty Dog had been advertising for multiple positions for nearly a year. My impression is that they are either very picky or are using their postings to perpetually troll for new recruits. Either way, despite my many years experience, I was asked to perform a "technical interview" as my first interview. They had a Junior Engineer call me and basically give me a pop quiz over the phone on subject matter and minutiae that I have rarely had a practical use for nor did it overlap with the requirements for the job I thought I was interviewing for. At best, my experience with them was cold and confusing. At worst, I would consider them incompetent and generally unable to truly assess the abilities of those they interview.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was when they asked me to provide them the result of 2 to the power of 8. Really?   View Answer

Worked for Naughty Dog? Contribute to the Community!