Navair Technologies

Updated Nov 7, 2014
Updated Nov 7, 2014

2.5

Mechanical Engineer Interview

My information was given to them through the school whereby they called to set up an interview for me.I had to have one of the interviewers escort me onto the base for the interview. There was a small amount of talk prior to the official interview but it seemed more of a getting to know me introduction. The actual interview was with four different department heads all at once. They had a list of question set up to be asked but they loosely adhered to them. They were up front that the goal of the interview was ultimately just to get to know me and not really test my knowledge. They did ask a couple of engineering related questions but nothing difficult that you would need to study for prior. After the interview which lasted about an hour, I was given a tour by one of the guys and then escorted back off base.

Interview Questions
    • They proposed a situation and asked how I'd handle it. Then further added to the situation and the question. For the most part, there wasn't really a wrong answer, just to see how I would respond.   Answer Question

DON Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in China Lake, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in China Lake, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Navair Technologies in September 2014.

Campus recruiting, got an interview in the career fair. Went to their info session. Received a call after their info session. The recruiter just asked me three questions, and talked about the DON Program that they have.

Interview Questions
    • Asked, what was a paper or presentation I had done recently.   Answer Question

Aernautical Shipboard Aviation Electrical/Electronic Inspector Interview

interviewed at Navair Technologies in April 2014.

Available for interview by phone and e-mail, depending on where can be available for a face to interview , For the face to face timing is the major factor.

Interview Questions
    • Systems that must be maintained are we also expected to train individuals on the equipment such as ships force are another contractor?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakehurst, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakehurst, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Navair Technologies in November 2013.

They came to our school career fair, and I got an interview at school with them the day after the fair. I then received an invitation to come back for a second round interview/tour of the facility. I spoke with three hiring managers throughout the day.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any unexpected questions. There were just a bunch of behavioral questions in the first round interview. The second round was more of the hiring manager telling me about the position available and asking about my experiences briefly to see how i would fit in the role.   Answer Question

Electronics Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Navair Technologies.

Straight out of college. They were at our career fair. Submitted a resume, Manager contacted me about coming out for a site visit. During the site visit they showed me around their work area, asked some basic questions about my interests and what sort of part of EE I liked (Software, hardware, design .. etc)

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there was one. Very basic - hiring straight out of college.   Answer Question

Flight Test & Evaluation Interview

NAVAIR likes to do interviews in batches. When I went, I was interviewed by managers of 8 different branches. All of the interviews were relaxed and only with 1-2 people managers at a time. They bought pizza and gave all 4 of the interviewing candidates tours of the facilities. The whole process is well organized.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are very straightforward. The most difficult question was about leadership style, and how you deal with difficult people/co-workers.   Answer Question

Computer Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Navair Technologies in September 2011.

Pretty simple interview. They asked me very generic questions regarding the type of worker I am and what I have done in my course work. I am graduating in the Spring and the recruiters told me up front they were not interested in me right now because they are looking for students graduating in the Fall semester and not the Spring semester. However, the guys allowed me to go through their interview process and told me about their company. I appreciated their honesty and quick responses. Got a fairly generic email next week confirming the interview and telling me to apply again next time.

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Navair Technologies in May 2009.

Fantastic and thorough

Interview Questions
    • What caused you to be interested in applying for this position   Answer Question