Naval Academy

Relevance Date Difficulty

Midshipman Interview

Midshipman
Annapolis, MD

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Naval Academy in November 2009.

Interview Details – A long process is involved for any student desiring an appointment to the US Naval Academy. It will involve several interviews, most likely as a part of securing a nomination from your local senator or congressman. Interviews are often designed to determine your fit for the program as well as your determination to enter and complete the program.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to attend the Naval Academy?   Answer Question
  • Would you be interested in attending the Naval Academy Preparatory School if you do not receive an immediate appointment?   Answer Question

Environmental Engineer Interview

Environmental Engineer
Great Lakes, IL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Naval Academy in April 2009.

Interview Details – First Interview was lunch interview with about 7 other employees from different departments. This setting was more personal, in the sense that more personal questions were asked about family and such. Then I received a tour of office and naval campus. Everyone was nice, but they were selling the government job way too hard. No young engineers on staff and few female engineers. They were very vague about responsibilities and were very discouraged that I was a mother. I overheard the female interviewer making a comment to the hiring manager in the hallway outside the interviewing room "How will she be able to travel with two kids?" The question about me travelling was asked and I answered honestly that I was interested in traveling and was seeking this in a position as well.

Unfortunately, I was not given an offer. So if you're a women out there applying for a job in a male dominated field, don't mention kids, remove car seats from your car before you go on interview. The female who interviewed me made a comment to the group that she saw I had two car seats in my car. Ultimately, i think my being a mother was the reason why I didn't get the job.

Music Teacher Interview

Music Teacher
Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Naval Academy.

Interview Details – first of all this is my first experience and interview against outdoor job, but this my best experience of my life to face such a tough thing and i'm so glad for this

Interview Question – there is no such difficult or unexpected question because for this situation we learn and gain knowledge from academic side, that is why we have courage to stand in every difficulties   Answer Question

Midshipman Interview

Midshipman

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Naval Academy in May 2010.

Interview Details – Focused you would make an good leader, diversity you bring to student body

Interview Questions

Worked for Naval Academy? Contribute to the Community!