Naval Sea Systems Command Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.0

Don Pathway Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Naval Sea Systems Command.

Interview

There was no interview process and was solely based on the resume submitted. They are looking for specific roles so if a manager wants help with IT, then they will look for information system majors. Once selected you will go through a background check which can take a while before you can start working. They gauge your skill once you are selected for the job.

Interview Questions

• What IT experience do you have and what type of back end coding languages are you familiar with?   Answer Question

Summer Hire Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Naval Sea Systems Command (Washington, DC).

Interview

Basically all I did was submit my resume via email. I was a freshman in college at the time. The company contacted me for a Summer Hire Position without any interviews, strangely enough. It probably helped that I knew a manager there, who was the father of a friend I had when I was in high school. Most people do not hear about this job unless they know someone working there.

Interview Questions

• There was no interview, but getting through security was a rather long and difficult process.   Answer Question

Contract Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Naval Sea Systems Command.

Interview

Apply via USAjobs. Follow up phone and in person interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there is no negotiation with entry level government

IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Naval Sea Systems Command (Pearl Harbor, HI) in July 2012.

Interview

I had a panel Interview with two or more supervisors. The inteview consited of me being asked questions about what my background experience was. I was asked how I thought I could contribute to the commands mission and was told what the working environments here at the Shipyard was like.

Interview Questions

• I was asked question about my knowledge of NAVSEA and it's relation ship to PACFLEET.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a non-negotiable offer due to the type of placement it was for me.

Naval Acquisitions Intern Program Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Naval Sea Systems Command in January 2010.

Interview

This interview was pretty simple, to be honest. I was a referral from someone who is already in the program for which I applied, but he works in a different area. He referred me and I was given a "final round" interview without any previous interviews. The Navy paid for my trip to DC to interview at the headquarters where I had an all-day interview process. This consisted of two people telling me what they did, an in-depth 1 hour interview with a panel of 6 management people (all at once) and then a tour of the Navy Yard.

It took them awhile to get back to me, but I ended up accepting the offer.

Interview Questions

• What has been the most expensive thing you have every bought in your entire life?   Answer Question
    • You do not have too much "business" experience here on your resume. How do you think you will be able to handle this position?   Answer Question

Contracts Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Naval Sea Systems Command in January 2009.

Interview

When you come into the base you are able to ask questions to current employees. Afterwards, a panel of management interviews you. You get asked typical "fit" questions, like what your weaknesses are.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel in procuring items that might go and kill people?   Answer Question