Naval Sea Systems Command

2.2

Summer Hire Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Naval Sea Systems Command.

Basically all I did was submit my resume via email. I was a freshman in college at the time. The company contacted me for a Summer Hire Position without any interviews, strangely enough. It probably helped that I knew a manager there, who was the father of a friend I had when I was in high school. Most people do not hear about this job unless they know someone working there.

Interview Questions
    • There was no interview, but getting through security was a rather long and difficult process.   Answer Question

Contract Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Naval Sea Systems Command.

Apply via USAjobs. Follow up phone and in person interviews

Interview Questions
    there is no negotiation with entry level government

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pearl Harbor, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl Harbor, HI

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Naval Sea Systems Command in July 2012.

I had a panel Interview with two or more supervisors. The inteview consited of me being asked questions about what my background experience was. I was asked how I thought I could contribute to the commands mission and was told what the working environments here at the Shipyard was like.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked question about my knowledge of NAVSEA and it's relation ship to PACFLEET.   Answer Question
    It was a non-negotiable offer due to the type of placement it was for me.

Naval Acquisitions Intern Program Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Naval Sea Systems Command in January 2010.

This interview was pretty simple, to be honest. I was a referral from someone who is already in the program for which I applied, but he works in a different area. He referred me and I was given a "final round" interview without any previous interviews. The Navy paid for my trip to DC to interview at the headquarters where I had an all-day interview process. This consisted of two people telling me what they did, an in-depth 1 hour interview with a panel of 6 management people (all at once) and then a tour of the Navy Yard.

It took them awhile to get back to me, but I ended up accepting the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What has been the most expensive thing you have every bought in your entire life?   Answer Question
    • You do not have too much "business" experience here on your resume. How do you think you will be able to handle this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Naval Sea Systems Command in January 2009.

I received an email asking me to come in for an interview. They reimburse you for all of your travel and hotel. The process is a bit strange. They let you into the base and then you sit with a panel where they market the job to you. INcludes current interns and senior employees. Then if you like what you hear you go off to an interview. Interview panel consists of 2-5 people of senior employees depending. They ask job specific and personality generic questions.
    I was obviously a first choice candidate because they got back to me and offered me a position 2 weeks later but they told me at the time that it would take 3-5 weeks to hear back about a position.
    In the future you are required to escort or serve on the panel if you are hired for future candidates.

Interview Questions
    Non-negotiable however your salary automatically bumps 10k every year until you graduate the program.

Contracts Specialist Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Naval Sea Systems Command in January 2009.

When you come into the base you are able to ask questions to current employees. Afterwards, a panel of management interviews you. You get asked typical "fit" questions, like what your weaknesses are.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel in procuring items that might go and kill people?   Answer Question

Worked for Naval Sea Systems Command? Contribute to the Community!