Naval Surface Warfare Center

www.navsea.navy.mil
  www.navsea.navy.mil

Naval Surface Warfare Center Interview Questions

IAO Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center in July 2011.

4 areas represented. I got hired by the one that I was best suited for. Good people, varied expertise.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle overall CM for the division   View Answer
    Simple but time consuming.

Logistics Management Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center.

There is typically one intereview, which would follow the intervirewing process assuming that the person was found to be "qualified" after their initial on-line application is filed and reviewed.

Interview Questions
    • What are your qualifications with reguards to your being the most qualified for this position?   View Answer

Research Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center.

Gave an hour-long technical presentation followed by meetings with senior engineers and current supervisor. Interview process was smooth and professional while not overly formal.

Its the government, so nearly everything is standard. Was able to get a small starting bonus.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bethesda, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center in April 2010.

submit resume online, phone interview, 1 on 1 interview, then wait for decision.

not much negotiation allowed.

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center in August 2009.

This position was filled via a diversity program that matches college students with government jobs. I submitted my resume and filled out an application sometime in January. In March, I received a phone call from the supervisor of the position asking if I was still interested. I was and from there I was transferred to the HR division and I filled out the paperwork needed for the position. Since it was a government position, the process is pretty lengthy. At the end of the semester, I started my internship.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose mechanical engineering as a degree?   Answer Question
    Interns in this program are paid through the program. There was no negotiating of the salary.

Research Intrn Interview

After applying online, I received a phone call after a few weeks detailing the needs of the position with a rough description of the work I would be doing. Very friendly and very easy going around, I could tell they had made their decision before the call was even made.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose NAVSEA for a summer internship?   View Answer

Worked for Naval Surface Warfare Center? Contribute to the Community!