Naval Surface Warfare Center

Unclaimed Profile

Naval Surface Warfare Center Interview Questions

2.8

Computer Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center.

Interview

I randomly found the job on usajobs.gov and applied. Almost a month and a half later I get an email from HR saying that they want to setup an interview. Two weeks later I get the interview from two people people on the phone. It was mostly behavioral questions. Nothing technical or specific. Basically "What would I do in X situations" kinda stuff. Three weeks after the interview I was given the offer.

Interview Questions

• What would I do to manage a team that was behind schedule?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me $62,000 at first. I told them I would only come if I receieved $65,000. They obliged.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (West Bethesda, MD) in April 2010.

Interview

submit resume online, phone interview, 1 on 1 interview, then wait for decision.

Negotiation

not much negotiation allowed.

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center.

Interview

Gave an hour-long technical presentation followed by meetings with senior engineers and current supervisor. Interview process was smooth and professional while not overly formal.

Negotiation

Its the government, so nearly everything is standard. Was able to get a small starting bonus.

Research Intrn Interview

Interview

After applying online, I received a phone call after a few weeks detailing the needs of the position with a rough description of the work I would be doing. Very friendly and very easy going around, I could tell they had made their decision before the call was even made.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose NAVSEA for a summer internship?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center.

Interview

There is typically one intereview, which would follow the intervirewing process assuming that the person was found to be "qualified" after their initial on-line application is filed and reviewed.

Interview Questions

• What are your qualifications with reguards to your being the most qualified for this position?   1 Answer

IAO Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center in July 2011.

Interview

4 areas represented. I got hired by the one that I was best suited for. Good people, varied expertise.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle overall CM for the division   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple but time consuming.

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Naval Surface Warfare Center (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2009.

Interview

This position was filled via a diversity program that matches college students with government jobs. I submitted my resume and filled out an application sometime in January. In March, I received a phone call from the supervisor of the position asking if I was still interested. I was and from there I was transferred to the HR division and I filled out the paperwork needed for the position. Since it was a government position, the process is pretty lengthy. At the end of the semester, I started my internship.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose mechanical engineering as a degree?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Interns in this program are paid through the program. There was no negotiating of the salary.