NaviNet

19 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Manager Interview

Boston, MA

I applied in-person and interviewed at NaviNet.

Interview Details – The latest interview process is for you to present a Product that you had managed. You'll be inquired as to challenges, learnings, and asked behavioral questions

The folks are nice and challenge you well.

The culture is really laid back, but the folks are smart and can ask tough questions.

Be yourself because they can smell a fake pretty easily.

A phone interview, a presentation of a Product you Managed, and meeting other team members and future bosses is a lot of folks to talk to, but it gives you a good perspective for whom you would be working with and whether we will all work well together.

Interview Question – As you go through your product, depending on your interviewer, you'll be asked a lot of "why" and then "how did that work for you?"

I think you can't go wrong thinking really hard about "what are you most proud of?"
  View Answer

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NaviNet in March 2014.

Interview Details – Besides an exciting product portfolio and company vision, every indication suggests this is a wonderful organization, a wonderful team of people. When 1st contacted by a member of NaviNet's Talent Acquisition and Retention Team, I could tell the organization is a cut-above-the-rest. - It was just a hunch, but the hunch was right. - Phone interview with the hiring manager was challenging yet productive. The hiring manager was straight-forward, sharp, knowledgeable on the healthcare industry and had a vision. . . refreshing!

I have focused on innovative organizations my entire career; worked for a handful and studied what seems like 100's. They all go through periods when they 'make progress', then 're-group', then 'rinse-and-repeat'. . . What makes NaviNet interesting is their culture appears to be aware of the challenges and they are proactive.

Interview Question – Challenging to respond to: "All the trends in the healthcare industry?", because there are many...   View Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at NaviNet in January 2013.

Interview Details – Getting into Navinet is not easy. There's a phone interview and then a panel with 3 or 4 Principals that will ask tough questions. Always and everything in a nice and kind environment. None of the tricky or open questions that might make you feel uncomfortable. They will just really ask you about the experience in your resume.

Interview Question – They will ask harder and harder questions as the interview progresses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I liked the company so I accepted less than what I wanted.

Applications Support Specialist Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NaviNet in February 2014.

Interview Details – I originally applied for the Software Engineer in Test position. Then, one day one of their recruiters mailed me and said that she thinks my profile is a better match for the Application Support Specialist role and goes on about how the role is a "foot in door" to their company. Asks me if I want to set up a phone screen with her. I replied back and we set up a phone screen the next day. This is where the fun started. I waited at the scheduled time the next time and she didn't call me. I reply back asking what happened. She replies back apologizing that there was some urgent matter she got pulled into. So we schedule a phone screen again the next day. So, there I was waiting for the call and again there was no call!! I e-mailed her again why she bothered to schedule a phone screen if she cannot keep the interview. She replies me that she "again" got some urgent matters to attend to at the exact same time again! And she wished me luck for my job search! That's it. I just didn't understand the way things work in this company. If you cannot keep an appointment why bother contact candidates in the first place?

Applications Support Specialist Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NaviNet in January 2014.

Interview Details – I heard about the company after meeting with one of the company's software developers at my university's career fair in Boston. A few weeks later I got an email from HR about a phone screen. This was followed by a slightly technical phone interview and that was followed by an onsite interview. I met with 9 people in about 3 hours during which I answered several questions about programming, I was given a pamphlet containing programming questions and puzzles which I was asked to solve.I also spoke with two employees from the Belfast branch via skype. The whole process was very positive and the employees eager to interview me and tell me about the company's goals.

Additionally, the HR specialist I worked with was superb! She was fast, efficient and really helpful. In my opinion, the company does not waste any time!

Interview Question – I might have forgotten details, but I was asked how to setup stack tracing in asp.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was surprisingly efficient. I made my offer and they responded the next day.

Operations Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NaviNet in November 2013.

Interview Details – I met with my manager for coffee and was invited in for a meeting with 3 people on his team scheduled for the following day. Three days later, I met an additional team member for coffee. After that, I met with 3 managers in close departments and 2 people I had already met. Two days later, my manager called me to extend an offer.

Interview Question – I was new to the healthcare IT space, so trying to answer questions or participate in conversation about what NaviNet does and is going to be doing as a company and for the industry, was something I wished I had better prepared for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was really excited about the opportunity so I didn't push back, though my boss was very clear about what the track for opportunities for career and momentary progression would look like.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NaviNet in September 2013.

Interview Details – Pretty straightforward. Got the interview through a recruiter and was able to land a phone interview which was then followed up by an in person interview a few days later. Interview went well. I met with the manager and we discussd the role and what they were looking for and then I was asked to design a shopping cart system. After designing the system two developers came in and we discussed the architecture and implementing new methods into the design

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult I knew the shopping cart system problem ahead of time as it was given to me by the recruiter and company beforehand to prepare.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was offered other positions I was more interested in.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at NaviNet.

Interview Details – Interviewed out of college via a career fair. Interview was a pretty standard audition type. They gave me a simple data structure (like you'd get for an intro to data structures assignment) and gave me an hour by myself to draw out on a whiteboard the general interface and implementation for how I would design a few features and how they would interact. Two engineers than came back and asked my questions about my design decisions. I basically just had to justify why I made the decisions I did, and we discussed in a non-interrogative way what were some other ways it could have been implemented, and they asked me hypothetically how I might change things to satisfy a different set of requirements.

I would basically just suggest getting comfortable with object oriented design and be able to explain why you design something the way you did. They didn't ask me any syntactic or nitty gritty "even if I didn't know that I could just google it" questions, which was a nice change of pace and I felt was a plus (some places think its important to be know obscure shell commands and the like off the top of your head).

Interview Question – Nothing exceptional. Was asked to design a shopping cart system that you might find on a e-commerce web portal and show how I would implement a few basic methods and structure the data.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NaviNet in April 2013.

Interview Details – It was your typical interview process. I just made sure I did my research on the company and thoroughly prepared for any and all questions that would come my way. It was a very pleasant process for me!

Interview Question – Do not recall at this time   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very honest and direct. No games were played, I was given a fair offer and I took it!

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NaviNet.

Interview Details – I really enjoyed the technical interview, which they call an audition. They provided a scenario the prior day and asked for a solution, which could be done in code or pseudo-code. The four interviewers, all technical people, asked great questions and were encouraging and positive. The weird thing is that they focused on OOD but I never saw a single line of code that used inheritance or any other OOD principle.

Interview Question – Can't recall any that were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at NaviNet

Worked for NaviNet? Contribute to the Community!

NaviNet Videos

NaviNet – Why Work for Us?

NaviNet is featured as one of The Boston Globe's 2013 Top Places to Work for in Massachusetts! We strive to be the greatest partner to our clients and the best employer to our employees. We're thrilled about the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NaviNet interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by NaviNet employees and interview candidates.