NaviNet

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NaviNet.

It started off bad while I was waiting in the front lobby when suddenly a guy hands the receptionist a stack of envelopes with the instructions to mail them out ... he mentions that they are the severance pay checks. Guess they just had a LAY OFF!. During the interview I soon became aware that this place is a sweat shop as the hiring manager was strongly focused on how quick I can spin up code. In retrospect I knew after the first 15 minutes that I had wasted my time coming here for an interview. If you go on linkedin and look at the credentials of some of the software engineers, they hardly take the cream of the crop. And yet, I really found them to be rather "arrogant" during the interview process. If I can get this bad feeling during the first 15 minutes of the interview, I then question how it could be possible that they manage to get such good reviews on Glassdoor? I might be wrong, but I've been in this business for quite a long time, so all I have to say, is be careful. If you take a job here you might find that they are extremely demanding and their expectations are through the roof. Since the time I got the interview and until now, I know they've been constantly looking to fill Software engineering positions so I suspect they might be suffering from a high turn over rate and/or simply can't find folks willing to work there. I quickly got a sense that everyone here is in a PANIC MODE! ... in essence no time to even make a bathroom trip. Can you imagine, if that's my take away simply from a job interview, can you only imagine if I took the job!

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions - basically if you want the job just tell them that you can write many lines of code - just as quick as you can snap your fingers! Not looking for a quality code writer, just someone who can crank out code, regardless of whether or not the design was good or bad.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at NaviNet in July 2014.

Great and streamline interview and hiring process. Interview with a cross section of employees to get an understanding of the focus of the company and the culture. Then also had the opportunity to meet and have great meetings with hiring manager and peers. Really got to understand the role I was applying for, the culture of the company and the direction of the company.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation phase was very good. Very open dialogue and open to requests.

Product Manager Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at NaviNet.

communicated and scheduled everything through email and they were very accommodating with the scheduling of interviews. Conducted 3 separate interviews and was asked to present a product road map that I had previously managed. Was asked a lot of situation questions and found the process overall stress free.

Interview Questions
    • just about every answered I provided was followed up with a "why"   Answer Question
    They made me an offer I couldn't refuse!

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person – interviewed at NaviNet.

The latest interview process is for you to present a Product that you had managed. You'll be inquired as to challenges, learnings, and asked behavioral questions

The folks are nice and challenge you well.

The culture is really laid back, but the folks are smart and can ask tough questions.

Be yourself because they can smell a fake pretty easily.

A phone interview, a presentation of a Product you Managed, and meeting other team members and future bosses is a lot of folks to talk to, but it gives you a good perspective for whom you would be working with and whether we will all work well together.

Interview Questions
    • As you go through your product, depending on your interviewer, you'll be asked a lot of "why" and then "how did that work for you?"

I think you can't go wrong thinking really hard about "what are you most proud of?"

View Answer

Provider Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at NaviNet in April 2014.

I was referred by an employee to be interviewed for the position. The interview was arranged over emails between myself and a current employee.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions that were asked to me during my interview were fair, and straight forward. None were to unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question
    I received my offer in email with an attached document providing details for the offer. (What the pay rate would be, who I would report to, ect.)

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NaviNet in March 2014.

Besides an exciting product portfolio and company vision, every indication suggests this is a wonderful organization, a wonderful team of people. When 1st contacted by a member of NaviNet's Talent Acquisition and Retention Team, I could tell the organization is a cut-above-the-rest. - It was just a hunch, but the hunch was right. - Phone interview with the hiring manager was challenging yet productive. The hiring manager was straight-forward, sharp, knowledgeable on the healthcare industry and had a vision. . . refreshing!

I have focused on innovative organizations my entire career; worked for a handful and studied what seems like 100's. They all go through periods when they 'make progress', then 're-group', then 'rinse-and-repeat'. . . What makes NaviNet interesting is their culture appears to be aware of the challenges and they are proactive.

Interview Questions
    • Challenging to respond to: "All the trends in the healthcare industry?", because there are many...   View Answer

Applications Support Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NaviNet in February 2014.

I originally applied for the Software Engineer in Test position. Then, one day one of their recruiters mailed me and said that she thinks my profile is a better match for the Application Support Specialist role and goes on about how the role is a "foot in door" to their company. Asks me if I want to set up a phone screen with her. I replied back and we set up a phone screen the next day. This is where the fun started. I waited at the scheduled time the next time and she didn't call me. I reply back asking what happened. She replies back apologizing that there was some urgent matter she got pulled into. So we schedule a phone screen again the next day. So, there I was waiting for the call and again there was no call!! I e-mailed her again why she bothered to schedule a phone screen if she cannot keep the interview. She replies me that she "again" got some urgent matters to attend to at the exact same time again! And she wished me luck for my job search! That's it. I just didn't understand the way things work in this company. If you cannot keep an appointment why bother contact candidates in the first place?

Applications Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NaviNet in January 2014.

I heard about the company after meeting with one of the company's software developers at my university's career fair in Boston. A few weeks later I got an email from HR about a phone screen. This was followed by a slightly technical phone interview and that was followed by an onsite interview. I met with 9 people in about 3 hours during which I answered several questions about programming, I was given a pamphlet containing programming questions and puzzles which I was asked to solve.I also spoke with two employees from the Belfast branch via skype. The whole process was very positive and the employees eager to interview me and tell me about the company's goals.

Additionally, the HR specialist I worked with was superb! She was fast, efficient and really helpful. In my opinion, the company does not waste any time!

Interview Questions
    • I might have forgotten details, but I was asked how to setup stack tracing in asp.   View Answer
    The negotiation was surprisingly efficient. I made my offer and they responded the next day.

Performance Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NaviNet in November 2013.

The interview was a typical engineering style interview. A set of data and problem was given a few days in advance of the interview. It was asked to interpret the data and answer the questions during the interview. It appeared that they wanted to hear how you got to the solution that you did. The correctness was not nearly as important as being able to communicate how you got to the answer.

Interview Questions
    • Given two six sided dice that produced a unique color based on the sum, what would you test for to ensure that it was working correctly.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NaviNet in November 2013.

I met with my manager for coffee and was invited in for a meeting with 3 people on his team scheduled for the following day. Three days later, I met an additional team member for coffee. After that, I met with 3 managers in close departments and 2 people I had already met. Two days later, my manager called me to extend an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was new to the healthcare IT space, so trying to answer questions or participate in conversation about what NaviNet does and is going to be doing as a company and for the industry, was something I wished I had better prepared for.   Answer Question
    I was really excited about the opportunity so I didn't push back, though my boss was very clear about what the track for opportunities for career and momentary progression would look like.