Navigant Consulting

Updated Feb 9, 2015
Updated Feb 9, 2015

2.6

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

I heard about Navigant Consulting at an on-campus career fair. I submitted an application through my schools career center. I was selected for an on-campus interview. This was a very informal interview with one of the managing consultants. We talked about the company and the position available as well as my interests. I was then brought down to the company in Denver for a second interview. There was another student interviewing with me but we talked with people at separate times. I met with three associate directors for about half an hour each. Two of them were informal, talking about the company and the type of work they do. The other one was more technical and asked basic database questions. I then met with the managing director and talked with him for half an hour. This one was again informal just talking about the position and my interests. Throughout the interview process they emphasized that they want to find a candidate that's a good match. They want to make sure that I would be a good fit and wanted to work there because they like to keep employees and promote from within. Everyone I interviewed with been there for 5+ years and started as a consultant. The onsite interview ended with being taken out to a very nice lunch, and some cash for parking.

I received a call a few weeks later with an offer. This all happened during my final semester and was offered the job a month before graduation. I got to choose when I started work and chose to start a month after graduation so that I could have some time off.

Interview Questions
  • How would you pull data from multiple tables?   View Answer
I was offered a salary that was higher than the average based on my degree. I talked with the career center at my school and they said I shouldn't negotiate since it was already high. Plus I was given 3 weeks vacation to be accrued throughout the year.

Other Interview Reviews for Navigant Consulting

Consultant Interview

The hiring and interview process was straightforward. I had a phone interview followed by four 30-minute interviews in-person. After submitting my resume online, I heard back within a week for the phone interview. A week later I had the in-person interview and a couple of days after that they got back to me with the decision. Overall, fairly quick and they took care of everything well.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult or unexpected. They try to gauge your technical expertise while being a fit for a consulting environment   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

On campus behavioral interview followed by an on site interview. The on site interview consisted of three one on one interviews, an informal lunch with one of the junior consultants and a 45 minute presentation with questions on any technical topic of your choosing. The focus on confidence, your ability to truthfully answer questions on the fly and prefer if it a topic you have work experience in.

Interview Questions
    • The presentation was the most difficult because all other interviews were more about your history and learning about the company. The presentation took a lot of preparation and was the most nerve wracking, as it was in front of more senior employees.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in October 2014.

I applied online (career services and their website) and was offered an interview a week or two later. It was a one-on-one, mostly behavioral interview. I was interviewing with a Director who was generally easygoing and asked me fairly typical behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary as I can remember.

A week or so later, I was offered the chance to attend the final round of interviews at the DC office. That consisted of three half-hour interviews with directors and my would-be supervisor. They took us out for lunch afterwards and that was it. They let me know about four weeks later, about a week after they said they would.

Consultant Interview

Very simple behavioral interview. No case study questions. The firm is most intent on defining fit and potential. They want to learn why you are interested in the field, and how you are capable of succeeding.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were quite easy. They were designed mostly to assess fit.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

It's just ok. Nothing hard expected. It seems like they are just looking for someone who can work hard to do all the work. The interview process was done by 3 people. HR, one direct and one MD. Very basic questions.

Consultant Interview

1 Hr phone interview, 2 more phone interviews with managing directors, excel case study, and on-site interview with 7 members of team

Interview Questions
    • Describe time you failed and what you did to fix the issue or learn from the mistake.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

The whole interview process was very conversational and they are looking for people who are motivated and are knowledgeable about their business. Make sure you know exactly what they do and what your responsibilities would be. No technical questions or case study. The most important aspect of the interview is just being a good fit in the company and being open to a dynamic, fast paced environment.

Interview Questions
    • There's a lot of other candidates that just as qualified as you, why should I pick you? What do you think your responsibilities would be in the first few months to a year?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but it was a good offer

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Applied via Navigant online job board; 30 phone interview with HR; 30 min phone interview (1 individual - Senior level Staff); In-person interview (3 individuals - Senior level Staff); In-person group lunch (3 individuals - Lower level Staff)

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you made a mistake in a professional setting and what you did to fix it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in March 2014.

1 HR interview, 1 interview with the hiring manager and then 5 final round interviews with Excel case study.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral and experience based. Just show passion for whichever practice you are about to work in. If have work or project experience in the subject, make sure to brush up on that in detail.   Answer Question
    Negotiated with HR. They were pretty flexible.