Navigant Consulting Consultant Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2015

2.7

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview

Three one on one interviews. Two are with upper level employees, then the third is with the managing director. Afterwards there is a 30 min presentation. There is then question and answer section after the presentation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Navigant Consulting

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Interesting but extremely long. Multiple rounds of interviews each with it's own layers. Phone interview first, followed by a second interview, then an in-person interview during which I interviewed with several people over the course of several hours. Honestly it was a lot to go through not to get an offer in the end and I had to reach out to them to get a definitive answer, rather than them contacting me which I didn't appreciate.

Overall, the interview questions were straightforward and people were friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Navigant Consulting (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

One 30-min interview on campus, invited to Dallas office for three 45-min interviews. One was with the original recruiter that came on campus. Not a lot of behavioral.. more to discuss what the position entails and what a consultant does.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting (Boulder, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

Submitted application online, and received an email the next day from the recruiter. We set up a 20 minute phone interview, and then set up a phone interview for the following week with two associate directors. After speaking with the two ADs, I was asked to come in for a series of interviews in person, and to give a 30 min presentation on a technical topic of my choosing. I also was asked to complete several exercises including drafting survey questions and creating an infographic. I heard back within a few days, and they offered me a job at the Senior Consultant level with a salary that exceeded my requirements.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions: can you describe a time when...?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was really straightforward. I asked my recruiter the typical range for the Consultant level, and then when I was offered a Senior Consultant position, the salary was above the top of the Consultant range. I did not try to negotiate further.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview

I heard about Navigant Consulting at an on-campus career fair. I submitted an application through my schools career center. I was selected for an on-campus interview. This was a very informal interview with one of the managing consultants. We talked about the company and the position available as well as my interests. I was then brought down to the company in Denver for a second interview. There was another student interviewing with me but we talked with people at separate times. I met with three associate directors for about half an hour each. Two of them were informal, talking about the company and the type of work they do. The other one was more technical and asked basic database questions. I then met with the managing director and talked with him for half an hour. This one was again informal just talking about the position and my interests. Throughout the interview process they emphasized that they want to find a candidate that's a good match. They want to make sure that I would be a good fit and wanted to work there because they like to keep employees and promote from within. Everyone I interviewed with been there for 5+ years and started as a consultant. The onsite interview ended with being taken out to a very nice lunch, and some cash for parking.

I received a call a few weeks later with an offer. This all happened during my final semester and was offered the job a month before graduation. I got to choose when I started work and chose to start a month after graduation so that I could have some time off.

Interview Questions

• How would you pull data from multiple tables?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a salary that was higher than the average based on my degree. I talked with the career center at my school and they said I shouldn't negotiate since it was already high. Plus I was given 3 weeks vacation to be accrued throughout the year.

Consultant Interview

Interview

The hiring and interview process was straightforward. I had a phone interview followed by four 30-minute interviews in-person. After submitting my resume online, I heard back within a week for the phone interview. A week later I had the in-person interview and a couple of days after that they got back to me with the decision. Overall, fairly quick and they took care of everything well.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult or unexpected. They try to gauge your technical expertise while being a fit for a consulting environment   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

On campus behavioral interview followed by an on site interview. The on site interview consisted of three one on one interviews, an informal lunch with one of the junior consultants and a 45 minute presentation with questions on any technical topic of your choosing. The focus on confidence, your ability to truthfully answer questions on the fly and prefer if it a topic you have work experience in.

Interview Questions

• The presentation was the most difficult because all other interviews were more about your history and learning about the company. The presentation took a lot of preparation and was the most nerve wracking, as it was in front of more senior employees.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online (career services and their website) and was offered an interview a week or two later. It was a one-on-one, mostly behavioral interview. I was interviewing with a Director who was generally easygoing and asked me fairly typical behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary as I can remember.

A week or so later, I was offered the chance to attend the final round of interviews at the DC office. That consisted of three half-hour interviews with directors and my would-be supervisor. They took us out for lunch afterwards and that was it. They let me know about four weeks later, about a week after they said they would.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting (Cambridge, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus career fair.Got an in-person interview with an alumni. Not many tricky behavioral questions. They asked you a lot of questions regarding your background. The interview lasted 30 minutes.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Very simple behavioral interview. No case study questions. The firm is most intent on defining fit and potential. They want to learn why you are interested in the field, and how you are capable of succeeding.

Interview Questions

• The questions were quite easy. They were designed mostly to assess fit.   Answer Question