Navigant Consulting

Getting the Interview

33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Navigant Consulting

Interview Details – 1 Hr phone interview, 2 more phone interviews with managing directors, excel case study, and on-site interview with 7 members of team

Interview Question – Describe time you failed and what you did to fix the issue or learn from the mistake.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Navigant Consulting in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied via Navigant website. Contacted by recruiter a few days later. Manager Interview scheduled shortly after HR interview. Contacted again for final interview. All "seemed" to be very good towards a potential offer. Was told a decison would be made within a couple of days. Interviews went well, although they are VERY slow in responding or getting back to you, if at all. Never heard anything back. Accepted another offer.

Interview Question – No difficult questions if you're applying for a job that matches your skillset.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview Details – The whole interview process was very conversational and they are looking for people who are motivated and are knowledgeable about their business. Make sure you know exactly what they do and what your responsibilities would be. No technical questions or case study. The most important aspect of the interview is just being a good fit in the company and being open to a dynamic, fast paced environment.

Interview Question – There's a lot of other candidates that just as qualified as you, why should I pick you? What do you think your responsibilities would be in the first few months to a year?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, but it was a good offer

Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview Details – Applied via Navigant online job board; 30 phone interview with HR; 30 min phone interview (1 individual - Senior level Staff); In-person interview (3 individuals - Senior level Staff); In-person group lunch (3 individuals - Lower level Staff)

Interview Question – Describe a time when you made a mistake in a professional setting and what you did to fix it.   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview Details – I applied through a college career fair. I had an on campus interview and then an interview at their office about 3 weeks later. It was round robin like with 5 interviews and a lunch. All of the interviews are behavioral except one that is a technical interview. They asked questions about SQL and databases in the interview.

Interview Question – Tell me three things that you want me to remember you by after this interview.   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview Details – I applied through the company's website and the process took a month. I had a phone interview for about 30 minutes. The questions being asked is a behavioral questions like why Navigant, why consulting, why energy and so on.

Interview Question – what is my career goal and my passion in energy field so make sure you clearly convey your goals and passion. .   Answer Question

Interviewed at Navigant Consulting

Interview Details – I had 2 rounds of interview

Interview Question – Behavioral interview - I had to talk for about 30 minutes.   View Answer

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview Details – I got to the final round, mostly behavioral. Everyone was nice, but no one answers emails.

Interview Question – Nothing technical, no case.   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview Details – On campus interview, very conversational. Since I was being recruited out of college, it felt like a personality fit discussion, since there was nothing really to say about my work experience.

Interview Question – Why do I want to work in the healthcare practice? I think I was asked because I showed interest.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Navigant Consulting in October 2012.

Interview Details – First round on campus consisted of two personal interviews and nothing too difficult. There was never any technical questions in any of my interviews. The second round was on location and consisted of 3 hour long interviews with senior staff which were a little more pointed. We spent the night prior eating/drinking with the firm and getting to know one another. They just wanted a normal person.

Interview Question – If you know you cant finish your work by the deadline, how do you proceed?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I should have but didnt.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Navigant Consulting

Worked for Navigant Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Navigant Consulting Consultant interview questions and advice. All 33 interview reviews posted anonymously by Navigant Consulting employees and interview candidates.