Navigant Consulting

Updated Nov 30, 2014

2.6

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

On campus behavioral interview followed by an on site interview. The on site interview consisted of three one on one interviews, an informal lunch with one of the junior consultants and a 45 minute presentation with questions on any technical topic of your choosing. The focus on confidence, your ability to truthfully answer questions on the fly and prefer if it a topic you have work experience in.

Interview Questions
  • The presentation was the most difficult because all other interviews were more about your history and learning about the company. The presentation took a lot of preparation and was the most nerve wracking, as it was in front of more senior employees.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Navigant Consulting

Consultant Interview

Very simple behavioral interview. No case study questions. The firm is most intent on defining fit and potential. They want to learn why you are interested in the field, and how you are capable of succeeding.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were quite easy. They were designed mostly to assess fit.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

It's just ok. Nothing hard expected. It seems like they are just looking for someone who can work hard to do all the work. The interview process was done by 3 people. HR, one direct and one MD. Very basic questions.

Consultant Interview

1 Hr phone interview, 2 more phone interviews with managing directors, excel case study, and on-site interview with 7 members of team

Interview Questions
    • Describe time you failed and what you did to fix the issue or learn from the mistake.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

The whole interview process was very conversational and they are looking for people who are motivated and are knowledgeable about their business. Make sure you know exactly what they do and what your responsibilities would be. No technical questions or case study. The most important aspect of the interview is just being a good fit in the company and being open to a dynamic, fast paced environment.

Interview Questions
    • There's a lot of other candidates that just as qualified as you, why should I pick you? What do you think your responsibilities would be in the first few months to a year?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but it was a good offer

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Applied via Navigant online job board; 30 phone interview with HR; 30 min phone interview (1 individual - Senior level Staff); In-person interview (3 individuals - Senior level Staff); In-person group lunch (3 individuals - Lower level Staff)

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you made a mistake in a professional setting and what you did to fix it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in March 2014.

1 HR interview, 1 interview with the hiring manager and then 5 final round interviews with Excel case study.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral and experience based. Just show passion for whichever practice you are about to work in. If have work or project experience in the subject, make sure to brush up on that in detail.   Answer Question
    Negotiated with HR. They were pretty flexible.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

I applied through a college career fair. I had an on campus interview and then an interview at their office about 3 weeks later. It was round robin like with 5 interviews and a lunch. All of the interviews are behavioral except one that is a technical interview. They asked questions about SQL and databases in the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me three things that you want me to remember you by after this interview.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

I applied through the company's website and the process took a month. I had a phone interview for about 30 minutes. The questions being asked is a behavioral questions like why Navigant, why consulting, why energy and so on.

Interview Questions
    • what is my career goal and my passion in energy field so make sure you clearly convey your goals and passion. .   Answer Question

I had 2 rounds of interview

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral interview - I had to talk for about 30 minutes.   View Answer