Navigant Consulting Intern Interview Questions

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview

Got contacted by email about the first telephonic interview. First round they just test your communication skills. They will talk to you about your interests and then discuss the details of the position you applied for.

Interview Questions

• They asked about the most challenging situation that I faced when I was working on a project and how did I resolve it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Navigant Consulting

Intern Interview

Interview

Got an interview from applying online. Interview was mainly behavioral questions. Thought the firm was unprofessional in terms of releasing decisions. Decisions took a long time, and I was spammed with the denial letter.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview

I Applied on campus recruiting, and then I had a 30 minute skype interview at my college career center. They Asked mostly behavioral questions about my past work and why I wanted to work at Navigant. They asked why I would want to work at Navigant more than the other consulting companies.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult analytic problem you've had to solve?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Initially applied through campus recruiting website and was called for a phone interview. Came down the next week for an office visit and interviewed there. The interview went well, but at the end the manager came in after I had already asked all of my questions to the team members.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had difficulty working in a team.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview

My interview was great. My interviewer was actually one of my professors from school and I had worked with him previously so it was very relaxed. We discussed what projects he wanted an intern to work on over the summer and how the internship might further my own dissertation research. We also discussed how long it would be, the pay, etc.

Interview Questions

• I didn't think any of the questions were particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Navigant Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in December 2011.

Interview

It was a very enjoyable process. After applying through my university's career services site, I was contacted for a behavioral phone interview with HR. After waiting a week or two, someone from the office I requested contacted me for an office interview. The office interview consisted of several one on one and panel interviews. Most of the time, we were just talking about everyday stuff, the behavioral questions and personality fit questions were not dictating the interview. I found this to be very enjoyable. It is important to them that you have researched and understand to some level what types of consulting they do. However, they are mostly looking for intelligent problem solvers, so even if you may have interest in public accounting, mgt consulting, or investment banking; the experience at Navigant will definitely prepare you and give you a leg up from an experience stand point.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you lead a team in coming up with a solution to a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Navigant Consulting (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

One phone interview. Had 2 hours of 1 on 1 interviews with 4 different consultants who currently work there.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Navigant Consulting (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

There was a pre night dinner to meet the recruiters and ask questions about the company. The interview was a one on one behavioral fit interview in which many situational questions were asked of me (name a time when...). Overall the experience was very positive and if I had not had a better fit present itself I would have gladly taken the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you showed leadership?   1 Answer

Had a better offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting (Williamsburg, VA) in October 2009.

Interview

I did campus interviews at William and Mary for a summer intern. It was one interview with an manager on campus. There were no case questions or anything like that. I think they really interview you for personality above all else once you get past your resume.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any unexpected or challenging questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was an internship. I got a standard hourly rate and overtime. There was an offer at the end of the internship that did not allow for negotiating. All but one of the interns got an offer but I hear that that has changed in recent years