Navigant Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.7

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview

Resume dropped through college recruiting, and then they contacted you within the next week or so for an interview and a pre-interview reception. I met my interviewer through the reception, which was helpful for the interview the next day. The actual interview was straight forward, no case. Contacted 2 weeks later about offer- no second round interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume Tell me about X on your resume   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview

1. Phone interview with HR to discuss your background/interests 2. Phone interview to discuss your background and general info regarding the position 3. Four in-person interviews back-to-back to discuss the position in greater detail

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult coworkers who do not respond to your emails or requests?   Answer Question

Consultant, Life Sciences Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant Consulting (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

A recruiter called me after applying online. We spoke for about 20 minutes. It has been over 2 weeks now and I still haven't heard if I'm invited to the next round. I'm not sure what is going on with that or how long to wait before giving up on them.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant Consulting (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

The entire process took less than a month. I spoke to a recruiter and then she set up two phone interviews with and associate director and a director. Both lasted just under 1 hour. About two weeks after, they flew me to the Chicago HQ, where I met with two directors and a managing consultant; each interview lasted about 45 minutes. Mainly fit and "what would you do in this scenario" type questions. There was a fairly big emphasis on quantitative skills and data analytics. Lastly, there was a 45 minute excel proficiency test. This was something I was dreading but it turned out to be relatively straight forward. If you know lookup functions and how to create and build a pivot table, it's pretty painless. I got an offer and accepted a week later.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant Consulting (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone Screen, Phone Interview, In-Person interviews (5 people) back to back for about 3 hours. Very professional and fit based. They seem very academia oriented as i was asked for specifics of my GPA (major GPA, minor GPA). They also seemed very happy and content with their work life balance and genuinely enjoy what they do. I tried to dictate the flow of the interview and determine if Navigant was a good fit for me too. I also prepared very solid job specific questions and tried to ask questions based on the conversation at each interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Navigant? Why are you leaving your company?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview

Three one on one interviews. Two are with upper level employees, then the third is with the managing director. Afterwards there is a 30 min presentation. There is then question and answer section after the presentation.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant Consulting (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Interesting but extremely long. Multiple rounds of interviews each with it's own layers. Phone interview first, followed by a second interview, then an in-person interview during which I interviewed with several people over the course of several hours. Honestly it was a lot to go through not to get an offer in the end and I had to reach out to them to get a definitive answer, rather than them contacting me which I didn't appreciate. Overall, the interview questions were straightforward and people were friendly.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant Consulting (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Two phone interviews. First with a hiring manager and the second with two people form the healthcare team. First interview included general questions about education and work experience, second interview tested interest in position and familiarity with the healthcare space and analytic experience.

Interview Questions

• Hardest problem solved using excel   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview

Skype interview, obtained via campus recruiting and setup through my university's Business Career Services office. Very, very conversational, a few behavior questions asked but overall more conversation. Had plenty of time to ask questions towards the end. Got back to me about a week and a half later, and I had two weeks to accept or decline the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a stressful situation and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Chose a Big Four opportunity - had longstanding relationship with this firm and felt more of a "fit" at the Big Four firm than Navigant.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Navigant Consulting (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

One 30-min interview on campus, invited to Dallas office for three 45-min interviews. One was with the original recruiter that came on campus. Not a lot of behavioral.. more to discuss what the position entails and what a consultant does.