Navigant Consulting

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.6

Summer Associate Interview

Very pleasant experience, no technical questions but be prepared to walk through your resume and past experiences in detail. Met with managing consultant, managing director, and then director. Interview was 3 hours total, very pleasant experience.

Consultant Interview

On campus behavioral interview followed by an on site interview. The on site interview consisted of three one on one interviews, an informal lunch with one of the junior consultants and a 45 minute presentation with questions on any technical topic of your choosing. The focus on confidence, your ability to truthfully answer questions on the fly and prefer if it a topic you have work experience in.

Interview Questions
    • The presentation was the most difficult because all other interviews were more about your history and learning about the company. The presentation took a lot of preparation and was the most nerve wracking, as it was in front of more senior employees.   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

The process was surprisingly quick. First a phone screen with HR, then a series of interviews with members of the team. The entire process only took a month or so. Some of the interviewers focused on subject matter of the position, while others were more of a topical conversation about the industry. Overall, I was satisfied with the interview and hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really stood out as all that difficult, although I hear some candidates have to perform an Excel test.   Answer Question
    I made a reasonable counter, which they accepted the same day. Pretty easy.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

The interview process started with a screening call with HR before scheduling phone interviews withe work group members. AS I advanced in the process I was invited to in-person interviews. The process was very organized, well structured, with clear communication on each step. The questions asked were very relevant and assessed my skill set based on the job requirements. It was a tough process but I feel it ensures only the best advanced in the process

Interview Questions
    • Describing a situation in which one faced push back from a client towards the closing phase of an engagement.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Got contacted by email about the first telephonic interview. First round they just test your communication skills. They will talk to you about your interests and then discuss the details of the position you applied for.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about the most challenging situation that I faced when I was working on a project and how did I resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in October 2014.

The process moved rather quickly because the Financial Services practice is growing and desperate for good people. I first spoke with an HR rep to go through my experience and salary expectations. The next week I spoke with a Senior Consultant by phone. That interview was based soley on my work experience at a major bank. About a week and a half later, I was flown to the Washington DC office where I 3 interviews. One with an Associate Director, a Senior Consultant, and a Managing Consultant. The interviews were not difficult. It was more of a conversation regarding my work experience and career goals. There were the general SWOT questions and management style quesionts. Overall great experience. NO CASE!!!!

Interview Questions
    There was none. They kept emphasizing that the offer was extremely competitve considering I have not worked in consulting before.

Life Sciences Advisory Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in October 2014.

Terrible on-campus recruiting experience. Before my interview, they emailed me last minute to change my interview time. In the first minutes of my interview, my interviewer told me he hadn't even read my resume yet. Throughout, he seemed completely insincere and condescending. It really seemed like he was interviewing me because his company obligated him to do so. Overall, it was a very poor experience.

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral questions, but my interviewer tried to make them seem more difficult to answer than they actually were by phrasing oddly   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Navigant Consulting in October 2014.

The interview process took a little over 4+ weeks. I initially interviewed with HR proceeded by a round of interviews with the hiring mgr. and Senior mgrs (over the course of weeks). My interviews were mainly over the phone followed with video interview. The interviews seemed to be conversational and work experience related. However In all honesty, the process has you riddled with anxiety awaiting to see if you've made it to next interview phase.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewed with several people. Be prepared for all types of questions and personalities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in October 2014.

I first saw the job post on Glassdoor, applied online through their website, and got an email requesting an interview soon thereafter. There was an initial HR screen, followed by another phone screen with the Associate Director of the practice, and finally an in-person interview at the office. There, I met with the Director, two Managing Consultants, and had an "informal" chat with a Consultant. Everyone I spoke to was extremely nice and kept the mood as light as they could; the conversations were almost effortless. I can tell that the people here are not only very smart and professional, but also are not afraid to let their fun personalities shine through.

The interview questions are not hard. They are interested in hearing about your past work experiences and how your skills can be translated into the role. Though the questions are mostly focused on work experiences, they are also assessing your fit into the team and into the company culture.

Additionally, my Human Resources contacts have been the friendliest and most helpful group of people I've ever gotten to work with. From the beginning of the process through securing my offer, they kept communication and next steps extremely clear and were very timely with their responses unlike a majority of other companies' HR departments.

Interview Questions
    • Standard behavioral questions and questions related to your resume. No cases.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in September 2014.

On campus recruiting. After submitting my resume I was asked to come in for a behavioral interview. It was very pleasant although other members of Navigant who were standing in the lobby could not tell me why they liked it or speak too highly of the company.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to extrapolate on my research experience. He wasn't very interested in my resume and we mostly talked about my previous travel experience.   Answer Question