Navigant Consulting Interview Questions

2.6

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Two phone interviews. First with a hiring manager and the second with two people form the healthcare team. First interview included general questions about education and work experience, second interview tested interest in position and familiarity with the healthcare space and analytic experience.

Disputes & Investigations Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Skype interview, obtained via campus recruiting and setup through my university's Business Career Services office. Very, very conversational, a few behavior questions asked but overall more conversation. Had plenty of time to ask questions towards the end. Got back to me about a week and a half later, and I had two weeks to accept or decline the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a stressful situation and how you handled it.   View Answer

Chose a Big Four opportunity - had longstanding relationship with this firm and felt more of a "fit" at the Big Four firm than Navigant.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Navigant Consulting in March 2015.

One 30-min interview on campus, invited to Dallas office for three 45-min interviews. One was with the original recruiter that came on campus. Not a lot of behavioral.. more to discuss what the position entails and what a consultant does.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in February 2015.

Submitted application online, and received an email the next day from the recruiter. We set up a 20 minute phone interview, and then set up a phone interview for the following week with two associate directors. After speaking with the two ADs, I was asked to come in for a series of interviews in person, and to give a 30 min presentation on a technical topic of my choosing. I also was asked to complete several exercises including drafting survey questions and creating an infographic. I heard back within a few days, and they offered me a job at the Senior Consultant level with a salary that exceeded my requirements.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of behavioral questions: can you describe a time when...?   Answer Question
    It was really straightforward. I asked my recruiter the typical range for the Consultant level, and then when I was offered a Senior Consultant position, the salary was above the top of the Consultant range. I did not try to negotiate further.

Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in February 2015.

On-campus recruiting--the whole process took about one week with one 30 min behavioral interview. Very informal. Mostly talked about my current work experience and had a conversation about that. If you received an interview, its because they already know you are qualified. They just want to see if you'd be a good fit.

Legal Technology Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in February 2015.

2 30 minute interviews that were straightforward. behavioral questions. why do you want this job blah blah the next week i received a 10 minute phone call asking purely administrative questions. she said offers are going out this week. seemed like i was getting an offer.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

I heard about Navigant Consulting at an on-campus career fair. I submitted an application through my schools career center. I was selected for an on-campus interview. This was a very informal interview with one of the managing consultants. We talked about the company and the position available as well as my interests. I was then brought down to the company in Denver for a second interview. There was another student interviewing with me but we talked with people at separate times. I met with three associate directors for about half an hour each. Two of them were informal, talking about the company and the type of work they do. The other one was more technical and asked basic database questions. I then met with the managing director and talked with him for half an hour. This one was again informal just talking about the position and my interests. Throughout the interview process they emphasized that they want to find a candidate that's a good match. They want to make sure that I would be a good fit and wanted to work there because they like to keep employees and promote from within. Everyone I interviewed with been there for 5+ years and started as a consultant. The onsite interview ended with being taken out to a very nice lunch, and some cash for parking.

I received a call a few weeks later with an offer. This all happened during my final semester and was offered the job a month before graduation. I got to choose when I started work and chose to start a month after graduation so that I could have some time off.

Interview Questions
    • How would you pull data from multiple tables?   View Answer
    I was offered a salary that was higher than the average based on my degree. I talked with the career center at my school and they said I shouldn't negotiate since it was already high. Plus I was given 3 weeks vacation to be accrued throughout the year.

Senior Analyst Interview

It wasn't too complicated. It was laid back and relaxed atmosphere. Everyone was so nice and made me comfortable. I had 3 phone interviews and one face to face with the director of my division. He told me his expectations of me and asked when I wanted to start.

Interview Questions
    I countered the offer and they accepted.

Consultant Interview

The hiring and interview process was straightforward. I had a phone interview followed by four 30-minute interviews in-person. After submitting my resume online, I heard back within a week for the phone interview. A week later I had the in-person interview and a couple of days after that they got back to me with the decision. Overall, fairly quick and they took care of everything well.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult or unexpected. They try to gauge your technical expertise while being a fit for a consulting environment   Answer Question

Healthcare Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in January 2015.

I applied for a full-time position from a reference at my university. I met a lot of individuals from an associate level all the way up to a executive director level when they invited me onsite. Most of the questions were behavioral, nothing too unexpected. There was an excel exam at the end that I was not prepared for.

Interview Questions
    • What characteristics do you need to work on being an entry-level consultant?   Answer Question