Navigant Consulting

98 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Lead Interview

Product Lead

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview Details – Initial communication was via a referral into one of their employees. Then talks continued, though weeks passed between them with no communication or responses. Finally and suddenly the flew me in to interview. One day, five different people. It seemed well-organized yet rushed.

Interview Question – None that were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Managing Director Interview

Managing Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews with several senior leaders, business case, steering committee review. I interviewed with leaders within the practice area I would be joining, the head of all consulting and a member of the MD steering committee.

Interview Question – Most important question to answer is to explain how you will be able to sustain a successful sales performance   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate but I was given a fair attractive offer so little negotiation was needed. For me it was about the company and the opportunity not squeezing out a few extra dollars. I did negotiate my sign on bonus and start date. I should have negotiated more on a guarantee bonus for the next year.

Very Easy Interview

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Navigant Consulting in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred into the firm by a former colleague. Brief phone interview with a recruiter followed by three 45-minute office interviews. Unexpectedly easy interview process - lots of resume questions, typical strengths and weaknesses questions, but no real problem solving or critical thinking questions. None of the interviewers asked about specific experiences or accomplishments - it was very fit and culture driven.

Interview Question – Most unexpected questions: what is the longest deliverable you have written?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a higher base and a signing bonus. Very reasonable and easy to work with throughout the negotiation. No hardball tactics.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Hamilton, NJ

I applied online and interviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview Details – 1 short phone interview, then an in-person interview two weeks later: 3 30-minute interviews with members of the team. All of the team members were very nice and respectful and asked reasonable questions.

Interview Question – There were no questions that were too difficult.   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Managing Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Navigant Consulting in March 2010.

Interview Details – Multiple round interview process - behavioral questions, cultural fit, case study. Contacted by recruiter - interviews scheduled and completed quickly. Turn around time for an offer and negotiations within a week

Interview Question – Case study on emerging client solutions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Slight negotiations, but limited concessions (narrow pay bands)

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Navigant Consulting in March 2014.

Interview Details – 1 HR interview, 1 interview with the hiring manager and then 5 final round interviews with Excel case study.

Interview Question – All behavioral and experience based. Just show passion for whichever practice you are about to work in. If have work or project experience in the subject, make sure to brush up on that in detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated with HR. They were pretty flexible.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Navigant Consulting

Interview Details – Got an interview from applying online. Interview was mainly behavioral questions. Thought the firm was unprofessional in terms of releasing decisions. Decisions took a long time, and I was spammed with the denial letter.

Interview Question – You become the interviewer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview Details – I Applied on campus recruiting, and then I had a 30 minute skype interview at my college career center. They Asked mostly behavioral questions about my past work and why I wanted to work at Navigant. They asked why I would want to work at Navigant more than the other consulting companies.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult analytic problem you've had to solve?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Navigant Consulting

Interview Details – 1 Hr phone interview, 2 more phone interviews with managing directors, excel case study, and on-site interview with 7 members of team

Interview Question – Describe time you failed and what you did to fix the issue or learn from the mistake.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Navigant Consulting in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied via Navigant website. Contacted by recruiter a few days later. Manager Interview scheduled shortly after HR interview. Contacted again for final interview. All "seemed" to be very good towards a potential offer. Was told a decison would be made within a couple of days. Interviews went well, although they are VERY slow in responding or getting back to you, if at all. Never heard anything back. Accepted another offer.

Interview Question – No difficult questions if you're applying for a job that matches your skillset.   Answer Question

Worked for Navigant Consulting? Contribute to the Community!