Navigant Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014
Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.6

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Navigant Consulting.

I Applied on campus recruiting, and then I had a 30 minute skype interview at my college career center. They Asked mostly behavioral questions about my past work and why I wanted to work at Navigant. They asked why I would want to work at Navigant more than the other consulting companies.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult analytic problem you've had to solve?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

1 Hr phone interview, 2 more phone interviews with managing directors, excel case study, and on-site interview with 7 members of team

Interview Questions
    • Describe time you failed and what you did to fix the issue or learn from the mistake.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

The whole interview process was very conversational and they are looking for people who are motivated and are knowledgeable about their business. Make sure you know exactly what they do and what your responsibilities would be. No technical questions or case study. The most important aspect of the interview is just being a good fit in the company and being open to a dynamic, fast paced environment.

Interview Questions
    • There's a lot of other candidates that just as qualified as you, why should I pick you? What do you think your responsibilities would be in the first few months to a year?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but it was a good offer

Administrative Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Initial contact was by phone and a phone interview was scheduled. After the phone interview an in person interview was scheduled. The in person interview was with two employees, a senior level employee and an administrative assistant. After the in person interview a follow up in person interview was scheduled. After the second in person interview a phone call with a job offer was the final step.

Interview Questions
    Did not, but wish I had.

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Applied via Navigant online job board; 30 phone interview with HR; 30 min phone interview (1 individual - Senior level Staff); In-person interview (3 individuals - Senior level Staff); In-person group lunch (3 individuals - Lower level Staff)

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you made a mistake in a professional setting and what you did to fix it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in March 2014.

1 HR interview, 1 interview with the hiring manager and then 5 final round interviews with Excel case study.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral and experience based. Just show passion for whichever practice you are about to work in. If have work or project experience in the subject, make sure to brush up on that in detail.   Answer Question
    Negotiated with HR. They were pretty flexible.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Navigant Consulting.

It was only behavioral and went over your resume.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in March 2014.

Initial HR screening, followed by a phone interview with a non HR employee. Then invited to come into the office. I met with 3 senior level staff. Everyone was very polite and the interviews are very conversational in nature. They want to get to know you and judge whether you will fit into their team. At the end of it I was very confident I would get the job but didn't. Well, there's always another day.

Legal Technology Solutions - Discovery Consulting Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Initially reached out to me through campus recruiting. Pre-interview reception the night before was useless. Gave me some stuff to talk about at the interview, but you don't lose points for not showing. First round interview was strictly behavioral. No curve balls, very conversational. They don't expect you to have technical experience, just a drive and interest for technology. I was rather turned off by the fact that the work they do is so extremely boring. It's almost as if they are selling the fact that they have jobs and work with fun people, but they're actual jobs are of little interest.

Interview Questions

The work seemed very boring.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

I applied through a college career fair. I had an on campus interview and then an interview at their office about 3 weeks later. It was round robin like with 5 interviews and a lunch. All of the interviews are behavioral except one that is a technical interview. They asked questions about SQL and databases in the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me three things that you want me to remember you by after this interview.   Answer Question