Navigant Consulting

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

Interviewed at Navigant Consulting

Interview Details – I had a series of two interviews, each with multiple partners / managers in the company. Most were fairly conversational, there were no case studies or other types of requests to solve problems. I found everyone to be extremely engaging and committed to client success. Sometimes though, I don't know whether everyone really understood what skills would mesh best for the work they were doing.

Interview Question – There were a lot of questions around specific tools, certifications or software that I'd used. I think these were unexpected because given my background it would be unlikely that I'd encountered them before since they were very industry-specific. I got the sense that some folks didn't understand exactly how certain experience outside of their industry might apply.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview Details – Initially applied through campus recruiting website and was called for a phone interview. Came down the next week for an office visit and interviewed there. The interview went well, but at the end the manager came in after I had already asked all of my questions to the team members.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had difficulty working in a team.   Answer Question

NYC Technology Solutions Intern Interview

NYC Technology Solutions Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Navigant Consulting in April 2013.

Interview Details – Just the first round phone interview. One of the team leader in their security analyze team called and at first he introduced himself and their field of work, then asked me some questions about my project experience in my resume, and asked the most general question: what's the biggest challenge in your previous project. At last he asked me whether have some questions.

Interview Question – All are general questions in the first round phone interview   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate

Interviewed at Navigant Consulting

Interview Details – One in-person interview following a networking reception. Interviewer is a Director or Managing Director. Interview is approximately 30 minutes and is largely behavioral - their philosophy is that by virtue of going to a school at which they recruit and getting selected for an interview, you as an applicant are capable of doing the work.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years? You have to balance honesty about the potential for switching jobs with an indication that you're willing to show loyalty to the company.   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Managing Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Navigant Consulting in June 2012.

Interview Details – Process was smooth once I had the initial phone interview. It took time though to get to the initial phone interview. The all day consisted of 4 fit interviews as well which was a resume review and pretty standard with consultants at all levels. There was one initial phone screen with HR, and then with a current consultant. Offer came within a few days of the interview.

Interview Question – There were 2 cases; one prepared in advance and one where materials were given on the interview day.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was as told when the offer was made.

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview Details – Initial online application with cover letter and resume, then phone screening with the university recruiter, then in person back to back interview with several consultants and directors.

Interview Question – no unexpected questions; be prepared for why here, why this practice etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview Details – On campus interview, very conversational. Since I was being recruited out of college, it felt like a personality fit discussion, since there was nothing really to say about my work experience.

Interview Question – Why do I want to work in the healthcare practice? I think I was asked because I showed interest.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Managing Consultant Interview

Managing Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview Details – Applied through company jobs site, received call from corporate recruiter scheduling phone interview. Had a phone interview which was fairly easy and then was invited for on-site interview. The on-site interview also was very straightforward. Received offer after two days.

Interview Question – Tell me an experience where you failed.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Navigant Consulting in August 2011.

Interview Details – there was 1 interview, not well managed. No background check so anyone could work there. there was 1 interview, not well managed. No background check so anyone could work there. there was 1 interview, not well managed. No background check so anyone could work there.

Interview Question – Just behavioral based questions. Nothing technical.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – found something better

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview Details – My interview was great. My interviewer was actually one of my professors from school and I had worked with him previously so it was very relaxed. We discussed what projects he wanted an intern to work on over the summer and how the internship might further my own dissertation research. We also discussed how long it would be, the pay, etc.

Interview Question – I didn't think any of the questions were particularly difficult.   Answer Question