Navigant Consulting

Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.7

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in November 2013.

Applied via Navigant website. Contacted by recruiter a few days later. Manager Interview scheduled shortly after HR interview. Contacted again for final interview. All "seemed" to be very good towards a potential offer. Was told a decison would be made within a couple of days. Interviews went well, although they are VERY slow in responding or getting back to you, if at all. Never heard anything back. Accepted another offer.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions if you're applying for a job that matches your skillset.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I had a series of two interviews, each with multiple partners / managers in the company. Most were fairly conversational, there were no case studies or other types of requests to solve problems. I found everyone to be extremely engaging and committed to client success. Sometimes though, I don't know whether everyone really understood what skills would mesh best for the work they were doing.

Interview Questions
    • There were a lot of questions around specific tools, certifications or software that I'd used. I think these were unexpected because given my background it would be unlikely that I'd encountered them before since they were very industry-specific. I got the sense that some folks didn't understand exactly how certain experience outside of their industry might apply.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Initially applied through campus recruiting website and was called for a phone interview. Came down the next week for an office visit and interviewed there. The interview went well, but at the end the manager came in after I had already asked all of my questions to the team members.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had difficulty working in a team.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

One in-person interview following a networking reception. Interviewer is a Director or Managing Director. Interview is approximately 30 minutes and is largely behavioral - their philosophy is that by virtue of going to a school at which they recruit and getting selected for an interview, you as an applicant are capable of doing the work.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years? You have to balance honesty about the potential for switching jobs with an indication that you're willing to show loyalty to the company.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Initial online application with cover letter and resume, then phone screening with the university recruiter, then in person back to back interview with several consultants and directors.

Interview Questions
    • no unexpected questions; be prepared for why here, why this practice etc   Answer Question
    None

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

On campus interview, very conversational. Since I was being recruited out of college, it felt like a personality fit discussion, since there was nothing really to say about my work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why do I want to work in the healthcare practice? I think I was asked because I showed interest.   View Answer
    No negotiation

Managing Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Applied through company jobs site, received call from corporate recruiter scheduling phone interview. Had a phone interview which was fairly easy and then was invited for on-site interview. The on-site interview also was very straightforward. Received offer after two days.

Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

My interview was great. My interviewer was actually one of my professors from school and I had worked with him previously so it was very relaxed. We discussed what projects he wanted an intern to work on over the summer and how the internship might further my own dissertation research. We also discussed how long it would be, the pay, etc.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't think any of the questions were particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Evidence Manager/Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in May 2013.

Was hired through a staffing agency and was a contract worker for three months before my initial hire.

The negotations phase was very long, and the first two offers were not very good.

Senior Consultant Interview

Excellent interview experience - got the opportunity to talk with everyone who I would be working with/for