Navigant Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.6

Financial Risk Valuation Interview

Initial phone interview with a recruiter. Followed by an in person interview with Corporate Human Capital Director and two other leaders on the project.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to assemble and sort a large amount of information.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was dependent on work experience and level of education.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in January 2013.

Started out with a phone interview with a recruiter. This was very brief. Then went on to a consultant in the department. They primarily focused on why I wanted to work there, what my expectations were, how acquainted I was with the position, asked me to describe a difficult team situation.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Navigant Consulting in November 2012.

I was contacted one day prior to the interview that the company was interested in my experience. I was given less than 24 hours to prepare for the interview. When I arrived I was escorted into a room of three current analysts/consultants who were young, new hires. This was very informal. For the next portion of the interview, I was ushered into another room where the senior consultant asked standard interview questions: tell me about yourself, why do you think you'd be appropriate for this position, etc. Finally, I was interviewed by the leaving analyst. This was as informal as the first round.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question the interviewer inquired was "This is obviously not your ideal end job. What do you see yourself doing in the future?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in October 2012.

First round on campus consisted of two personal interviews and nothing too difficult. There was never any technical questions in any of my interviews. The second round was on location and consisted of 3 hour long interviews with senior staff which were a little more pointed. We spent the night prior eating/drinking with the firm and getting to know one another. They just wanted a normal person.

Interview Questions
    • If you know you cant finish your work by the deadline, how do you proceed?   Answer Question
    I should have but didnt.

Life Sciences Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Final round interview was in the NYC office. Consisted of one case study, 4 hour long behavioral interviews and one presentation for the recruiting committee.

Case study was pretty straight forward if you've done lots of practices.
    Behavioral interviews were also standard.
    Presentation required preparation beforehand. HR personnel will email a topic beforehand, and we had to create a 10 minute presentation before interview day.

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in June 2012.

Process was smooth once I had the initial phone interview. It took time though to get to the initial phone interview. The all day consisted of 4 fit interviews as well which was a resume review and pretty standard with consultants at all levels. There was one initial phone screen with HR, and then with a current consultant. Offer came within a few days of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were 2 cases; one prepared in advance and one where materials were given on the interview day.   Answer Question
    It was as told when the offer was made.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at Navigant Consulting in June 2012.

Very straight forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in March 2012.

First interview consisted of two main questions. Describe a success in your work experience and a difficulty. One should also describe how well they would fit as a consultant. Thus, one should speak on teamwork and leadership skills, as well as communication skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in January 2012.

I had an initial phone interview with the HC rep from the Chicago headquarters. He follow-up-ed later to set up interview date in the DC office (where the position is) for the following month. I went to the DC office in January on a Tuesday afternoon. I had a three one-on-one interviews. The first one was with a Senior Consultant (who is now my friend), who asked questions about my resume and warned me about some of the negative aspects of the project I was being considered for. The second interview was with the Managing Director. He tried to sell me the job more ask me questions. The third interview was with a Managing Consultant, who has human resources experience; and this was the real deal. She did more than looking over my resume. Her questions were designed to figure out what motivates and drives me, but I found it a pleasant conservation.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever a job with a lot of repetitive tasks? How have you dealt with it?   View Answer
    It was less than four hours after interviewing in DC, that I received phone call from the Human Capital rep in Chicago, who extend the offer. They really wanted me to join the training class that was starting up in 6 days, so I was given less than 24 hours to accept the offer or accept an alternative offer to start in a month for now. I decide to accept and start right now. That offer was good, compared to the market at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in December 2011.

Initially applied through university career services website. Was contacted for a first round phone interview. First round interview was strictly behavioral, with an emphasis on previous experiences working in teams. Very conversational, and felt like they were mostly gauging if you could fit into their office culture. After the phone interview, was invited to the office for a final round of interviews. Office visit began with lunch with two consultants to ask questions and discuss life with the firm. After lunch, there were a series of 4 45 minute interviews. Similar to the first round interview, these interviews were exclusively behavioral and designed to clarify any questions or concerns you had about the business, and for them to see how well you would fit in and that your goals were aligned with what the firm could offer you. All in all the interviews were very relaxed and conversational.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been a part of a team where issues arose between group members? What measures did you take to address them?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever taken a leadership role on a team and made a decision that resulted in poor results? Were you able to correct your mistake? If so, how?   Answer Question