Navigant Consulting Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2015

2.7

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Navigant Consulting (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It was only behavioral and went over your resume.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Navigant Consulting (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Initial HR screening, followed by a phone interview with a non HR employee. Then invited to come into the office. I met with 3 senior level staff. Everyone was very polite and the interviews are very conversational in nature. They want to get to know you and judge whether you will fit into their team. At the end of it I was very confident I would get the job but didn't. Well, there's always another day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview

Initially reached out to me through campus recruiting. Pre-interview reception the night before was useless. Gave me some stuff to talk about at the interview, but you don't lose points for not showing. First round interview was strictly behavioral. No curve balls, very conversational. They don't expect you to have technical experience, just a drive and interest for technology. I was rather turned off by the fact that the work they do is so extremely boring. It's almost as if they are selling the fact that they have jobs and work with fun people, but they're actual jobs are of little interest.

Interview Questions

The work seemed very boring.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview

I applied through a college career fair. I had an on campus interview and then an interview at their office about 3 weeks later. It was round robin like with 5 interviews and a lunch. All of the interviews are behavioral except one that is a technical interview. They asked questions about SQL and databases in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me three things that you want me to remember you by after this interview.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview

I applied through the company's website and the process took a month. I had a phone interview for about 30 minutes. The questions being asked is a behavioral questions like why Navigant, why consulting, why energy and so on.

Interview Questions

• what is my career goal and my passion in energy field so make sure you clearly convey your goals and passion. .   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Navigant Consulting (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the entire process took 3 months. I had one phone screen and two in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. They did ask a few technical questions.   Answer Question

The offer took too long and I had other options.

Summer Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in February 2014.

Interview

One phone interview, then offered to go to the final office interview phase.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in January 2014.

Interview

Applied through college career site. Had 1 on campus interview for 30 minutes--strictly behavioral with no case! Second and final round at office location which were in depth behavioral questions drilling down on past experiences--some people were tough, others were easy. Great experience--no "high pressure" situations.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me in detail what you mean by (line from resume)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, I mean I was 20 years old.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my college career website. I was selected to interview on campus. There was a reception the night before the interview to meet people. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. It was mostly behavioral questions. Everyone was very friendly and genuine. The interviewer wanted to learn about my background and why I wanted to do consulting. There was no second round interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Be able to tell stories about everything on your resume. Also have an idea about why you are interested in consulting.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

I had 2 rounds of interview

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview - I had to talk for about 30 minutes.   1 Answer