Navigant Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.7

Consultant Interview

Interview

1 Hr phone interview, 2 more phone interviews with managing directors, excel case study, and on-site interview with 7 members of team

Interview Questions

• Describe time you failed and what you did to fix the issue or learn from the mistake.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The whole interview process was very conversational and they are looking for people who are motivated and are knowledgeable about their business. Make sure you know exactly what they do and what your responsibilities would be. No technical questions or case study. The most important aspect of the interview is just being a good fit in the company and being open to a dynamic, fast paced environment.

Interview Questions

• There's a lot of other candidates that just as qualified as you, why should I pick you? What do you think your responsibilities would be in the first few months to a year?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, but it was a good offer

Administrative Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview

Initial contact was by phone and a phone interview was scheduled. After the phone interview an in person interview was scheduled. The in person interview was with two employees, a senior level employee and an administrative assistant. After the in person interview a follow up in person interview was scheduled. After the second in person interview a phone call with a job offer was the final step.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not, but wish I had.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview

Applied via Navigant online job board; 30 phone interview with HR; 30 min phone interview (1 individual - Senior level Staff); In-person interview (3 individuals - Senior level Staff); In-person group lunch (3 individuals - Lower level Staff)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a mistake in a professional setting and what you did to fix it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

1 HR interview, 1 interview with the hiring manager and then 5 final round interviews with Excel case study.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral and experience based. Just show passion for whichever practice you are about to work in. If have work or project experience in the subject, make sure to brush up on that in detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated with HR. They were pretty flexible.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Navigant Consulting (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It was only behavioral and went over your resume.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Navigant Consulting (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Initial HR screening, followed by a phone interview with a non HR employee. Then invited to come into the office. I met with 3 senior level staff. Everyone was very polite and the interviews are very conversational in nature. They want to get to know you and judge whether you will fit into their team. At the end of it I was very confident I would get the job but didn't. Well, there's always another day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview

Initially reached out to me through campus recruiting. Pre-interview reception the night before was useless. Gave me some stuff to talk about at the interview, but you don't lose points for not showing. First round interview was strictly behavioral. No curve balls, very conversational. They don't expect you to have technical experience, just a drive and interest for technology. I was rather turned off by the fact that the work they do is so extremely boring. It's almost as if they are selling the fact that they have jobs and work with fun people, but they're actual jobs are of little interest.

Interview Questions

The work seemed very boring.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview

I applied through a college career fair. I had an on campus interview and then an interview at their office about 3 weeks later. It was round robin like with 5 interviews and a lunch. All of the interviews are behavioral except one that is a technical interview. They asked questions about SQL and databases in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me three things that you want me to remember you by after this interview.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Interview

I applied through the company's website and the process took a month. I had a phone interview for about 30 minutes. The questions being asked is a behavioral questions like why Navigant, why consulting, why energy and so on.

Interview Questions

• what is my career goal and my passion in energy field so make sure you clearly convey your goals and passion. .   Answer Question