Navigant Consulting

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.6

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Initial online application with cover letter and resume, then phone screening with the university recruiter, then in person back to back interview with several consultants and directors.

Interview Questions
    • no unexpected questions; be prepared for why here, why this practice etc   Answer Question
    None

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

On campus interview, very conversational. Since I was being recruited out of college, it felt like a personality fit discussion, since there was nothing really to say about my work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why do I want to work in the healthcare practice? I think I was asked because I showed interest.   View Answer
    No negotiation

Managing Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Applied through company jobs site, received call from corporate recruiter scheduling phone interview. Had a phone interview which was fairly easy and then was invited for on-site interview. The on-site interview also was very straightforward. Received offer after two days.

Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

My interview was great. My interviewer was actually one of my professors from school and I had worked with him previously so it was very relaxed. We discussed what projects he wanted an intern to work on over the summer and how the internship might further my own dissertation research. We also discussed how long it would be, the pay, etc.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't think any of the questions were particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Evidence Manager/Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in May 2013.

Was hired through a staffing agency and was a contract worker for three months before my initial hire.

The negotations phase was very long, and the first two offers were not very good.

Senior Consultant Interview

Excellent interview experience - got the opportunity to talk with everyone who I would be working with/for

NYC Technology Solutions Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in April 2013.

Just the first round phone interview. One of the team leader in their security analyze team called and at first he introduced himself and their field of work, then asked me some questions about my project experience in my resume, and asked the most general question: what's the biggest challenge in your previous project. At last he asked me whether have some questions.

Interview Questions
    • All are general questions in the first round phone interview   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in March 2013.

I was referred into the firm by a former colleague. Brief phone interview with a recruiter followed by three 45-minute office interviews. Unexpectedly easy interview process - lots of resume questions, typical strengths and weaknesses questions, but no real problem solving or critical thinking questions. None of the interviewers asked about specific experiences or accomplishments - it was very fit and culture driven.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected questions: what is the longest deliverable you have written?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a higher base and a signing bonus. Very reasonable and easy to work with throughout the negotiation. No hardball tactics.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in March 2013.

2 step process

Initial phone interview with a recruiter. Very basic, describe what you have done, what you are doing and what you want. Recruiter was knowledgeable about the subject area and was able to ask substantive questions and carry a meaningful discussion

Then

Four in person interviews. All four asked questions based on my resume and one asked substantive questions to test knowledge of subject matter. Conversational and personal. Didn't feel like an interview, except for one where the interviewer was a bit of a tough guy.

Interview Questions
    Little room to negotiate. However they are flexible on salary, not so much on vacation days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in March 2013.

Submitted application online, heard back almost immediately. From there, the process escalated quickly. Immediately set up a HR screening which was pretty high level, obviously trying to make sure my background complemented the position. Two days later, had a phone interview with a manager which contained more targeted questions. Heard back within a couple days to schedule an on-site interview.

This on-site interview was extremely thorough. I met with 6 members of the team (non-HR). It seemed each interviewer had a specific category of questions, different from the others. About 20% of the time was spent "selling" the company.

The interview included 2 business cases and a quant case. The cases were not lofty (read: not "how many ping pong balls can fit in a 747") they were very specific to the practice. The quant case wasn't anything too math intensive, but instead tested my comfort level with the data, ability to interpret results, and critical thinking.

The entire thing took about 6 hours, which included a 30 minute break and a 30 minute lunch.

Overall, it was a pleasant experience and I'm glad they were as thorough as they were.

Interview Questions
    HR's offer was pretty close to my salary requirement. Ended up matching without any difficult negotiation.