Navigant Consulting Interview Questions & Reviews in New York City, NY

10 interviews

2.5

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Navigant Consulting in March 2014.

Initial HR screening, followed by a phone interview with a non HR employee. Then invited to come into the office. I met with 3 senior level staff. Everyone was very polite and the interviews are very conversational in nature. They want to get to know you and judge whether you will fit into their team. At the end of it I was very confident I would get the job but didn't. Well, there's always another day.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at Navigant Consulting in February 2014.

I applied online and the entire process took 3 months. I had one phone screen and two in-person interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. They did ask a few technical questions.   Answer Question

The offer took too long and I had other options.

NYC Technology Solutions Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Navigant Consulting in April 2013.

Just the first round phone interview. One of the team leader in their security analyze team called and at first he introduced himself and their field of work, then asked me some questions about my project experience in my resume, and asked the most general question: what's the biggest challenge in your previous project. At last he asked me whether have some questions.

Interview Questions
    • All are general questions in the first round phone interview   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Navigant Consulting in June 2012.

Process was smooth once I had the initial phone interview. It took time though to get to the initial phone interview. The all day consisted of 4 fit interviews as well which was a resume review and pretty standard with consultants at all levels. There was one initial phone screen with HR, and then with a current consultant. Offer came within a few days of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were 2 cases; one prepared in advance and one where materials were given on the interview day.   Answer Question
    It was as told when the offer was made.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Navigant Consulting in January 2013.

Started out with a phone interview with a recruiter. This was very brief. Then went on to a consultant in the department. They primarily focused on why I wanted to work there, what my expectations were, how acquainted I was with the position, asked me to describe a difficult team situation.

Life Sciences Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Navigant Consulting.

Final round interview was in the NYC office. Consisted of one case study, 4 hour long behavioral interviews and one presentation for the recruiting committee.

Case study was pretty straight forward if you've done lots of practices.
    Behavioral interviews were also standard.
    Presentation required preparation beforehand. HR personnel will email a topic beforehand, and we had to create a 10 minute presentation before interview day.

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Navigant Consulting in March 2010.

I first applied to interview on an online site. After being selected, I was called by one of the directors asking if I could come in for an interview the following week. It was a very friendly, casual conversation. I went in for the first set of interviews and I absolutely loved everyone! I went to lunch with a couple employees (which was considered an interview) and then I was interviewed by two other. Everyone was very casual and conversational. There were no "typical" interview questions. I got called a second time asking if I could come in and meet the top guy. This time, there were a few "typical" questions. But it was overall still extremely casual. I did not have one behavioral question- thank goodness. After words, I was taken to lunch by another coworker. Then within a week and a half I was called by the corporate office with a job offer! I didn't except the offer right away and the employees at the office emailed me friendly notes just saying that they were there to help if needed! I took the position within a few days.

Interview Questions
    • There really werent any 'hard' questions. I would say the hardest part is they expected me to be able to talk to them more than they asked questions. They would state stuff I had written on my resume and then just say... talk about it. I asked most the questions.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Navigant Consulting in May 2011.

First round interview was a general HR interview based on resume and behavioral questions.
    Second round interview met with a Senior Consultant and Managing Director who asked me behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with incomplete data and arrive at the end result.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Navigant Consulting in June 2010.

A recruiter from the main Chicago office called me for the first interview and then I had a second phone interview with an MD because I had just come home from college and couldn't afford to make another trip just for an on site interview (they don't pay for flying into interview interns). It was a very pleasant conversation both times and they asked a lot of fit questions and were very nice and timely with responses.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you didn't do well in the classes you had lower grades in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Navigant Consulting in March 2008.

After two phone interviews I was brought out to the New York office for in-person interview. One full day of interviews with both panel and 1-on-1 interviews culminated in a final interview with the practice directors.

Interview Questions
    • What about your research science experience will best translate to the consulting industry?   Answer Question
    Negotiation opportunity is limited.

Worked for Navigant Consulting? Contribute to the Community!