Navigant Consulting

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Navigant Consulting in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initial HR screening, followed by a phone interview with a non HR employee. Then invited to come into the office. I met with 3 senior level staff. Everyone was very polite and the interviews are very conversational in nature. They want to get to know you and judge whether you will fit into their team. At the end of it I was very confident I would get the job but didn't. Well, there's always another day.

Interview Question – No technical questions or case studies.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Navigant Consulting in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and the entire process took 3 months. I had one phone screen and two in-person interviews.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. They did ask a few technical questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The offer took too long and I had other options.

Interviewed at Navigant Consulting

Interview Details – I had a series of two interviews, each with multiple partners / managers in the company. Most were fairly conversational, there were no case studies or other types of requests to solve problems. I found everyone to be extremely engaging and committed to client success. Sometimes though, I don't know whether everyone really understood what skills would mesh best for the work they were doing.

Interview Question – There were a lot of questions around specific tools, certifications or software that I'd used. I think these were unexpected because given my background it would be unlikely that I'd encountered them before since they were very industry-specific. I got the sense that some folks didn't understand exactly how certain experience outside of their industry might apply.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Navigant Consulting in March 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted application online, heard back almost immediately. From there, the process escalated quickly. Immediately set up a HR screening which was pretty high level, obviously trying to make sure my background complemented the position. Two days later, had a phone interview with a manager which contained more targeted questions. Heard back within a couple days to schedule an on-site interview.

This on-site interview was extremely thorough. I met with 6 members of the team (non-HR). It seemed each interviewer had a specific category of questions, different from the others. About 20% of the time was spent "selling" the company.

The interview included 2 business cases and a quant case. The cases were not lofty (read: not "how many ping pong balls can fit in a 747") they were very specific to the practice. The quant case wasn't anything too math intensive, but instead tested my comfort level with the data, ability to interpret results, and critical thinking.

The entire thing took about 6 hours, which included a 30 minute break and a 30 minute lunch.

Overall, it was a pleasant experience and I'm glad they were as thorough as they were.

Interview Question – What would cause you to leave consulting/Navigant?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR's offer was pretty close to my salary requirement. Ended up matching without any difficult negotiation.

Interviewed at Navigant Consulting

Interview Details – Excellent interview experience - got the opportunity to talk with everyone who I would be working with/for

Interview Question – Case   Answer Question

Senior Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Navigant Consulting in March 2013.

Interview Details – 2 step process

Initial phone interview with a recruiter. Very basic, describe what you have done, what you are doing and what you want. Recruiter was knowledgeable about the subject area and was able to ask substantive questions and carry a meaningful discussion

Then

Four in person interviews. All four asked questions based on my resume and one asked substantive questions to test knowledge of subject matter. Conversational and personal. Didn't feel like an interview, except for one where the interviewer was a bit of a tough guy.

Interview Question – Why are you here? What is private banking?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little room to negotiate. However they are flexible on salary, not so much on vacation days.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Navigant Consulting in March 2008.

Interview Details – After two phone interviews I was brought out to the New York office for in-person interview. One full day of interviews with both panel and 1-on-1 interviews culminated in a final interview with the practice directors.

Interview Question – What about your research science experience will best translate to the consulting industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation opportunity is limited.

Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at Navigant Consulting in May 2007.

Interview Details – After an initial phone interview met with various employees in 1:1 interview. I recall interviewing with an Managing Consultant, an AD, a Managing Director and the equivalent of a Partner. It was a fairly straightforward interview process. Questions such as are you opposed to travel being a Consultant, describe your past experience, why do you want to work for us, what do you know about the company, what areas of professional interests do you have, etc.

Interview Question – It necessarily wasn't a question being asked but rather your future boss not making time for your interview. This led to some anxiety on the first day because you walk into a new job not knowing what the chemistry would be like with your boss.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Navigant Consulting

Interview Details – The interview process is relatively easy since I have the background matching to the specific job opening. I had two phone interviews, and then the on-site interview. Nothing really difficult if one is well prepared.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected during this interview   Answer Question

Senior Consultant

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Navigant Consulting in October 2011.

Interview Details – Had initial phone screen with HR which essentially made sure my quals/experience matched the job description. Then a subsequent phone interview with the Director which was about the same thing and a final in-office interview with 3 directors, 2 associate directors, and a manager. All asked standard "fit" questions and a few questions about my experience and items on resume. NOT a difficult interview by any means.

Interview Question – With your qualifications and education, why do you want to come here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiated with HR mostly, and even spoke with Business manager once. Denied offer first two times even though they werent happy about it. Ended up bringing up the offer with bonus more 10k.

Worked for Navigant Consulting? Contribute to the Community!