Navigant Consulting

Updated Dec 7, 2014

2.8

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting.

The interview process started with a screening call with HR before scheduling phone interviews withe work group members. AS I advanced in the process I was invited to in-person interviews. The process was very organized, well structured, with clear communication on each step. The questions asked were very relevant and assessed my skill set based on the job requirements. It was a tough process but I feel it ensures only the best advanced in the process

Interview Questions
  • Describing a situation in which one faced push back from a client towards the closing phase of an engagement.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Navigant Consulting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in October 2014.

The process moved rather quickly because the Financial Services practice is growing and desperate for good people. I first spoke with an HR rep to go through my experience and salary expectations. The next week I spoke with a Senior Consultant by phone. That interview was based soley on my work experience at a major bank. About a week and a half later, I was flown to the Washington DC office where I 3 interviews. One with an Associate Director, a Senior Consultant, and a Managing Consultant. The interviews were not difficult. It was more of a conversation regarding my work experience and career goals. There were the general SWOT questions and management style quesionts. Overall great experience. NO CASE!!!!

Interview Questions
    There was none. They kept emphasizing that the offer was extremely competitve considering I have not worked in consulting before.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in October 2014.

I first saw the job post on Glassdoor, applied online through their website, and got an email requesting an interview soon thereafter. There was an initial HR screen, followed by another phone screen with the Associate Director of the practice, and finally an in-person interview at the office. There, I met with the Director, two Managing Consultants, and had an "informal" chat with a Consultant. Everyone I spoke to was extremely nice and kept the mood as light as they could; the conversations were almost effortless. I can tell that the people here are not only very smart and professional, but also are not afraid to let their fun personalities shine through.

The interview questions are not hard. They are interested in hearing about your past work experiences and how your skills can be translated into the role. Though the questions are mostly focused on work experiences, they are also assessing your fit into the team and into the company culture.

Additionally, my Human Resources contacts have been the friendliest and most helpful group of people I've ever gotten to work with. From the beginning of the process through securing my offer, they kept communication and next steps extremely clear and were very timely with their responses unlike a majority of other companies' HR departments.

Interview Questions
    • Standard behavioral questions and questions related to your resume. No cases.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in March 2014.

Initial HR screening, followed by a phone interview with a non HR employee. Then invited to come into the office. I met with 3 senior level staff. Everyone was very polite and the interviews are very conversational in nature. They want to get to know you and judge whether you will fit into their team. At the end of it I was very confident I would get the job but didn't. Well, there's always another day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Navigant Consulting in February 2014.

I applied online and the entire process took 3 months. I had one phone screen and two in-person interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. They did ask a few technical questions.   Answer Question

The offer took too long and I had other options.

Senior Consultant Interview

I had a series of two interviews, each with multiple partners / managers in the company. Most were fairly conversational, there were no case studies or other types of requests to solve problems. I found everyone to be extremely engaging and committed to client success. Sometimes though, I don't know whether everyone really understood what skills would mesh best for the work they were doing.

Interview Questions
    • There were a lot of questions around specific tools, certifications or software that I'd used. I think these were unexpected because given my background it would be unlikely that I'd encountered them before since they were very industry-specific. I got the sense that some folks didn't understand exactly how certain experience outside of their industry might apply.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Excellent interview experience - got the opportunity to talk with everyone who I would be working with/for

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in March 2013.

2 step process

Initial phone interview with a recruiter. Very basic, describe what you have done, what you are doing and what you want. Recruiter was knowledgeable about the subject area and was able to ask substantive questions and carry a meaningful discussion

Then

Four in person interviews. All four asked questions based on my resume and one asked substantive questions to test knowledge of subject matter. Conversational and personal. Didn't feel like an interview, except for one where the interviewer was a bit of a tough guy.

Interview Questions
    Little room to negotiate. However they are flexible on salary, not so much on vacation days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in March 2013.

Submitted application online, heard back almost immediately. From there, the process escalated quickly. Immediately set up a HR screening which was pretty high level, obviously trying to make sure my background complemented the position. Two days later, had a phone interview with a manager which contained more targeted questions. Heard back within a couple days to schedule an on-site interview.

This on-site interview was extremely thorough. I met with 6 members of the team (non-HR). It seemed each interviewer had a specific category of questions, different from the others. About 20% of the time was spent "selling" the company.

The interview included 2 business cases and a quant case. The cases were not lofty (read: not "how many ping pong balls can fit in a 747") they were very specific to the practice. The quant case wasn't anything too math intensive, but instead tested my comfort level with the data, ability to interpret results, and critical thinking.

The entire thing took about 6 hours, which included a 30 minute break and a 30 minute lunch.

Overall, it was a pleasant experience and I'm glad they were as thorough as they were.

Interview Questions
    HR's offer was pretty close to my salary requirement. Ended up matching without any difficult negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in March 2008.

After two phone interviews I was brought out to the New York office for in-person interview. One full day of interviews with both panel and 1-on-1 interviews culminated in a final interview with the practice directors.

Interview Questions
    • What about your research science experience will best translate to the consulting industry?   Answer Question
    Negotiation opportunity is limited.