Navigant Consulting

2.3

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in October 2014.

The process moved rather quickly because the Financial Services practice is growing and desperate for good people. I first spoke with an HR rep to go through my experience and salary expectations. The next week I spoke with a Senior Consultant by phone. That interview was based soley on my work experience at a major bank. About a week and a half later, I was flown to the Washington DC office where I 3 interviews. One with an Associate Director, a Senior Consultant, and a Managing Consultant. The interviews were not difficult. It was more of a conversation regarding my work experience and career goals. There were the general SWOT questions and management style quesionts. Overall great experience. NO CASE!!!!

Interview Questions
    There was none. They kept emphasizing that the offer was extremely competitve considering I have not worked in consulting before.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in January 2014.

I submitted my resume through my college career website. I was selected to interview on campus. There was a reception the night before the interview to meet people. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. It was mostly behavioral questions. Everyone was very friendly and genuine. The interviewer wanted to learn about my background and why I wanted to do consulting. There was no second round interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Be able to tell stories about everything on your resume. Also have an idea about why you are interested in consulting.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in March 2013.

I was referred into the firm by a former colleague. Brief phone interview with a recruiter followed by three 45-minute office interviews. Unexpectedly easy interview process - lots of resume questions, typical strengths and weaknesses questions, but no real problem solving or critical thinking questions. None of the interviewers asked about specific experiences or accomplishments - it was very fit and culture driven.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected questions: what is the longest deliverable you have written?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a higher base and a signing bonus. Very reasonable and easy to work with throughout the negotiation. No hardball tactics.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in October 2012.

First round on campus consisted of two personal interviews and nothing too difficult. There was never any technical questions in any of my interviews. The second round was on location and consisted of 3 hour long interviews with senior staff which were a little more pointed. We spent the night prior eating/drinking with the firm and getting to know one another. They just wanted a normal person.

Interview Questions
    • If you know you cant finish your work by the deadline, how do you proceed?   Answer Question
    I should have but didnt.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in March 2012.

First interview consisted of two main questions. Describe a success in your work experience and a difficulty. One should also describe how well they would fit as a consultant. Thus, one should speak on teamwork and leadership skills, as well as communication skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in January 2012.

I had an initial phone interview with the HC rep from the Chicago headquarters. He follow-up-ed later to set up interview date in the DC office (where the position is) for the following month. I went to the DC office in January on a Tuesday afternoon. I had a three one-on-one interviews. The first one was with a Senior Consultant (who is now my friend), who asked questions about my resume and warned me about some of the negative aspects of the project I was being considered for. The second interview was with the Managing Director. He tried to sell me the job more ask me questions. The third interview was with a Managing Consultant, who has human resources experience; and this was the real deal. She did more than looking over my resume. Her questions were designed to figure out what motivates and drives me, but I found it a pleasant conservation.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever a job with a lot of repetitive tasks? How have you dealt with it?   View Answer
    It was less than four hours after interviewing in DC, that I received phone call from the Human Capital rep in Chicago, who extend the offer. They really wanted me to join the training class that was starting up in 6 days, so I was given less than 24 hours to accept the offer or accept an alternative offer to start in a month for now. I decide to accept and start right now. That offer was good, compared to the market at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in December 2011.

Initially applied through university career services website. Was contacted for a first round phone interview. First round interview was strictly behavioral, with an emphasis on previous experiences working in teams. Very conversational, and felt like they were mostly gauging if you could fit into their office culture. After the phone interview, was invited to the office for a final round of interviews. Office visit began with lunch with two consultants to ask questions and discuss life with the firm. After lunch, there were a series of 4 45 minute interviews. Similar to the first round interview, these interviews were exclusively behavioral and designed to clarify any questions or concerns you had about the business, and for them to see how well you would fit in and that your goals were aligned with what the firm could offer you. All in all the interviews were very relaxed and conversational.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been a part of a team where issues arose between group members? What measures did you take to address them?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever taken a leadership role on a team and made a decision that resulted in poor results? Were you able to correct your mistake? If so, how?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in December 2011.

Not hard interviews but it took them a lot longer to make the decision then originally expected. Had to deal with employee vacations. Overall very friendly interviews. They are very devoted to team cohesiveness,so don't try to be a individual.

Interview Questions
    • Do you see yourself as more of a detail oriented person or a over all picture person and why?   View Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in February 2011.

I applied though my school's career site and got an interview. The interview consisted of behavioral questions only (no case) and I really enjoyed it. My interviewer was really funny and it felt more like a conversation. We talked about my resume, why I am interested in litigation consulting, how my previous experiences would help me excel, etc. He seemed like he was very prepared and responsible, and yet laid back.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about litigation consulting and why would you want to work in the field?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate.

Non-consulting Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Navigant Consulting in September 2010.

Applied online directly for the job. Got called by recruiter from Chicago for a phone screen. After that, was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager. Sent thank you email to the hiring manager, and he replied back directly, which was nice. He called me to schedule a phone interview with HIS manager who was based in Chicago headquarters. Not sure what the point of that interview was since it seemed to be impromptu - was it another screen or more informational? Then the hiring manager scheduled an interview in-person. Didn't know sometimes whether to contact the recruiter or the hiring manager, and the recruiter confessed he didn't quite know where things stood at one point. Not sure they have their interview process down. The floor of the building I interviewed on was amazingly sparse - very few signs of life - felt like an abandoned office with exposed ceilings and empty cubes lined with offices around the perimeter. Interview w/ the hiring manager took over an hour - there was a defined list of interview questions, but once we got talking, the interview became more conversational. Then I met with another office support staff and was asked if I've ever been in a work environment where you had to just deal with what came down the chain.

Interview Questions
    • (paraphrased) Why are you looking to leave your current job?   Answer Question