Navistar

Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.9

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Navistar in December 2011.

Constantly felt as if i was being grilled, Questions were excessively repetitive, Interviewers were not even in the the group I would be working for. Asked questions that were too personal. I had to explain my job history as if they had no idea it was a actual career path.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer asked me a questions that related to certain database and program that was not specific to my position and was hounding me as to why i didn't know how to use it and belittled me.   View Answer

Distribution Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Navistar.

Home office called me for an interview. No phone interview. Interviewed at Navistar, 4 person panel, star format, uptight situation. they were firing questions at me from every direction. They wanted specific examples of specific situations.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you have to get a team to buy in to your management style, how did you do it, what was the result. Every question was 4 - 5 parts.   Answer Question

FALD Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Navistar in October 2014.

phone interview question was about 3 financial statements and one behavioral question. The 2nd round was much more intense. Wear a suit, no if ands or buts about that. Be prepared for 2 interviews. 2 vs 1 both times. One is behavioral and other is technical. They do technical first but don't think there is relief...like the hard part is over...bc the behavioral is just as hard. They give you case study and you get 30 mins to prepare all about cash. If you are going to prepare about this make sure you study factors of cash why it would increase and decrease and how it effects other accounts. The night before there is a mixer. You have the opportunity to talk to people in the program and the interviewers. The interviewers wont tell you its them but they seek you out so make sure you try to start a relationship with them. I know someone who did a very good job of this and got the job. Also, make sure for behavior you use STAR method. Always ask a question at the end of the interview.

Sales Operations Leadership Development Program (SOLD) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Navistar in February 2010.

Learned of this position through the campus career center. Went to an information session the night prior to the interview. The interview as quite intimidating. I've never been grilled like that before. It was a one on one interview with the manger of the Sales Operation Leadership Development program (SOLD). Proceeded to ask very particular questions and would also question my answers and say, "Well, why didnt you do this?" or "Did you consider this?...Why not?" At times I felt it went in circles. He was a tad rude, or that may just have been his cynical nature. He said someone would contact me that very night if I had received a second round interview or not. No reply. Emailed the next day and still no reply.

Interview Questions
    • What is the hardest aspect of selling for you?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navistar in January 2011.

Be prepared for technical as well as personality test.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work as calibration engineer when you are specialized in simulation?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navistar in May 2011.

I was contacted by a hiring manager after applying online. I had a phone interview when he called and he asked about my skills and interests. He said he would contact me again in a few days to set up an interview. He never called so I called him and we arranged to have my fly out for an interview. I flew to Chicago, had the interview the same day which lasted about 1.5 hours and flew home. I was contacted at the end of the next week.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to make a plan for a difficult project and how did it turn out and what did you learn   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to change your interpersonal savvy   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navistar in January 2012.

Had a group interview and they tested behavioral and technical skills.

Inventory Planning Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Navistar in August 2008.

Navistar uses Lominger Core Competencies when interviewing. Research these competencies and be prepared to indicate a specific situation or task that demonstrates that competency, how you handled the situation, and the result of your actions to remedy the situation/problem you're describing.

Interviews are conducted by multiple managers (as few as 3 and as many as 4 in my experience) and questions are asked round robin by the interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • There isn't really a specific question that is difficult or unexpected (especially if you research the Lominger Core Competencies before the interview process) but if the core competency you're being asked about does not really pertain to your career history coming up with a specific example for that core competency can be difficult.   View Answer
    I was called by HR with an offer and told an offer letter would be sent along with a drug screening kit and instructions for the drug screening/background check. Upon completion of the drug screening and background check I was called by my new manager to arrange a start date. Orientation lasted most of the first day of employment. I believe orientation sessions are only offered on certain days so if you don't start on one of those days you may not get orientation until your 2nd or 3rd day of employment.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Navistar.

Long process - interviewed over 4 months. Interviewed with about 6 managers.

Interview Questions
    • Typically behavior questions such as "Have you ever made a mistake? How did you handle it?" Needed to answer based on SAR (Situation-Action-Result) model.   Answer Question
    It was driven by the hiring manager. She was tough and shot low for salary. I did get the signon bonus I requested.

Senior Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

interviewed at Navistar in February 2012.

SWOT analysis type interview and a technical round

Interview Questions
    • how do you mangage your failures and meet expectations?   Answer Question