Navistar

2.9

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Navistar in February 2010.

Interview was straight out of college for a rotational program and was primarily behavioral. There were a few engineering related questions but most revolved around leadership issues and project related issues.

Interview Questions
    Very little negotiation, partially because they offered more than I expected and partially because Navistar was not negotiating at the time.

FALD Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Navistar in October 2014.

phone interview question was about 3 financial statements and one behavioral question. The 2nd round was much more intense. Wear a suit, no if ands or buts about that. Be prepared for 2 interviews. 2 vs 1 both times. One is behavioral and other is technical. They do technical first but don't think there is relief...like the hard part is over...bc the behavioral is just as hard. They give you case study and you get 30 mins to prepare all about cash. If you are going to prepare about this make sure you study factors of cash why it would increase and decrease and how it effects other accounts. The night before there is a mixer. You have the opportunity to talk to people in the program and the interviewers. The interviewers wont tell you its them but they seek you out so make sure you try to start a relationship with them. I know someone who did a very good job of this and got the job. Also, make sure for behavior you use STAR method. Always ask a question at the end of the interview.

Supply Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Navistar in June 2013.

Really easy. Phone interview and video phone interview, then it came the offer one month later... I interviewed with different program managers, and they call me one month later over the phone and made me the final offer. A really easy process...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Distribution Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Navistar.

Home office called me for an interview. No phone interview. Interviewed at Navistar, 4 person panel, star format, uptight situation. they were firing questions at me from every direction. They wanted specific examples of specific situations.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you have to get a team to buy in to your management style, how did you do it, what was the result. Every question was 4 - 5 parts.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Navistar in December 2011.

Constantly felt as if i was being grilled, Questions were excessively repetitive, Interviewers were not even in the the group I would be working for. Asked questions that were too personal. I had to explain my job history as if they had no idea it was a actual career path.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer asked me a questions that related to certain database and program that was not specific to my position and was hounding me as to why i didn't know how to use it and belittled me.   View Answer

Senior Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

interviewed at Navistar in February 2012.

SWOT analysis type interview and a technical round

Interview Questions
    • how do you mangage your failures and meet expectations?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navistar in May 2013.

I was first called by one of the HR people and scheduled for a video interview. Performed a video questionnaire and then was scheduled for a live video interview with the team I would be working with. After the live video interview I received a call saying I received the position and their offer. After all that I had to have a hair follicle drug test performed.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiating.

Engine Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Navistar in March 2013.

I was contacted in January for the position and was a current employee of the company at a seperate location. In February there was a phone interview, followed by a in person panel interview, which Navistar paid for my airfare.

Interview Questions
    • Very typical STAR interview. Unexpected question -"when was a time that you were stopped in your tracks, and what did you do?"   Answer Question

I intially accepted the offer and then had to go back on my acceptance, after being offered a better paying job a a different company.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Navistar.

Long process - interviewed over 4 months. Interviewed with about 6 managers.

Interview Questions
    • Typically behavior questions such as "Have you ever made a mistake? How did you handle it?" Needed to answer based on SAR (Situation-Action-Result) model.   Answer Question
    It was driven by the hiring manager. She was tough and shot low for salary. I did get the signon bonus I requested.

Product Development Engineer, Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Navistar in November 2011.

1 round of in person interviews - only behavioral questions. no technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an experience where you had to deal with an unpleasant person/situation. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    No scope for negotiation