Navistar

Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.9

Entry Level Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navistar in May 2012.

First was an "interview" by the recruiter but this was more of a conversation than a interview. Asked me simple questions such as what I was interested in and if I would like to Navistar etc. I did not really have a phone interview and instead proceeded to go to a face to face group interview with 3 managers. They were very nice and only asked basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    I considered negotiating but the offer was already good, more than I expected.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navistar in March 2012.

The HR personnel found me through CareerBuilder, contacted me and set up the interview. First round was phone, 2nd round/final is office visit. Got the offer within 3 or 4 day. Overall, it took me about 2 weeks from the first round until offer notification. First round questions pretty much about work experiences, how it relates to the position. Second round question were some general questions like behavorial, strength/weaknesses, why do you want to work for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Question was pretty much what I expected: behavorial, strength/weaknessed.   Answer Question
    Negotiation wasn't that good. HR personnel only gave 3 days to decide and was very tough in term of negotiation. I didn't like his attitude at all.

Supplier Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navistar in March 2012.

Phone interview with HR . Technical Phone Conference call with Hiring manager. F2F interview with Hiring managers. Waiting for 2 weeks

Senior Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

interviewed at Navistar in February 2012.

SWOT analysis type interview and a technical round

Interview Questions
    • how do you mangage your failures and meet expectations?   Answer Question

FALD Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navistar in February 2012.

I applied through my school's career center and had one 30 minute, on-campus interview. The interview consisted of a few easy behavioral questions and one technical question regarding connections between the financial statements. I was called a little over a month later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the relationship between the balance sheet and statement of cash flows.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navistar in January 2012.

Had a group interview and they tested behavioral and technical skills.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Navistar in January 2012.

The first contact was a phone call from HR with a follow-up/confirmation via email.
    The actual interview was with the dept manager and director - - 2 on 1. They both brought beverages into the small conference room, did not offer me a beverage nor did they offer to take my coat or a place to hang it up. The mgr said nothing while the director peppered me with questions for almost an hour, giving me no opportunity to ask questions of my own when the mgr declared time was up. Some of the questions were relating to a position I held 25 years ago (when the director was in grammar school). It was either a test of my memory or an exercise in humiliation.
    It was made emphatically clear that I was to wait for further contact from HR (read: don't call us, we'll call you).
    This is Navistar's m.o.
    Four gallons of gas, $6 in tolls and 3 hours of my life wasted on rude people. My theory is if an employer doesn't treat you well as an interviewee when they're trying to woo you, it certainly won't treat you well as an employee.

Interview Questions
    • Neither the mgr nor the director had been with Navistar long enough to be entrenched in the STAR method, so the questions asked were just the usual.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Navistar in December 2011.

Constantly felt as if i was being grilled, Questions were excessively repetitive, Interviewers were not even in the the group I would be working for. Asked questions that were too personal. I had to explain my job history as if they had no idea it was a actual career path.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer asked me a questions that related to certain database and program that was not specific to my position and was hounding me as to why i didn't know how to use it and belittled me.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Navistar in November 2011.

Had 1 hr long panel interview that consisted of all behavioral type questions. It was a very strict and direct interview, there wrote down all my answers.

I feel like I could have done a better job on answering the questions asked.

Note for future candidates, practice and ace the STAR interview technique. It is essential for Navistar Interviews.

Product Development Engineer, Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Navistar in November 2011.

1 round of in person interviews - only behavioral questions. no technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an experience where you had to deal with an unpleasant person/situation. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    No scope for negotiation