Navistar

Average Difficulty
39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Navistar.

Interview Details – straightforward questions from the resume .do thorough research on what is listed in your resume. they do not ask anything outside of it

Negotiation Details – if you are from an good university , they will entertain negotiations on salary and sign on bonus

Very Easy Interview

Lisle, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Navistar.

Interview Details – The usual. Will get back to you whenever.

Interview Question – None the bar for all jobs are so low the only difficult thing is dealing with it. When you see positive attitudes on the job position for a professional career thats a red flag to the environment of the place. Also dealing with ambiguity translates to everything is such a mess inside you most likely won't be able get anything because of it. Ambiguity here is not what ambiguity is else where. Think of it like this. You want water. Seems very basic and simple go to the drinking fountain. Here you have to find a shovel, start digging holes looking for water, then install the pump to the well, run the plumbing, install the fountain, then get your water. Translate that to your daily work and you can understand how bad even the simpliest task are. This will be for every task, not just the usual onezeezzzz twozeeezzzz people mean when they say we have that at our workplace. Its everything, this translates to why the quality is so bad. Also failed forced joint outsourcing to India really makes things worse.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was straight forward. Take this or leave, you maybe able to get another $3k. Primarily because they won't have anyone else for the job. Also they try to outsource jobs left and right claiming can't find an american. Really you can't find an american industrial engineer looking for work?????

Database Administrator Interview

Database Administrator
Warrenville, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Navistar in May 2008.

Interview Details – Apply online, first phone screen with HR, then onsite interview with 6-7 people. Got offer.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions due to the internal staff not knowing much about the position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room to negotiate but you definitely need to try

Inventory Planning Associate Interview

Inventory Planning Associate
Warrenville, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Navistar in August 2008.

Interview Details – Navistar uses Lominger Core Competencies when interviewing. Research these competencies and be prepared to indicate a specific situation or task that demonstrates that competency, how you handled the situation, and the result of your actions to remedy the situation/problem you're describing.

Interviews are conducted by multiple managers (as few as 3 and as many as 4 in my experience) and questions are asked round robin by the interviewers.

Interview Question – There isn't really a specific question that is difficult or unexpected (especially if you research the Lominger Core Competencies before the interview process) but if the core competency you're being asked about does not really pertain to your career history coming up with a specific example for that core competency can be difficult.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was called by HR with an offer and told an offer letter would be sent along with a drug screening kit and instructions for the drug screening/background check. Upon completion of the drug screening and background check I was called by my new manager to arrange a start date. Orientation lasted most of the first day of employment. I believe orientation sessions are only offered on certain days so if you don't start on one of those days you may not get orientation until your 2nd or 3rd day of employment.

Lisle, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Navistar in June 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR for phone interview. Phone interview was about 1/2 hr with basic behavior questions and asking if I was interested in the job description. Phone interview was with HR. About 1 week later asked if they could interview me in person. Schedule for 2 weeks later, probably took longer as they had to schedule to fly me out from MA. In person interview was suppose to be with 3 but ended up as 1 who would have been my direct manager. Asked 3 behavioral questions that she said were required by HR, she let me pick the 3 off her sheet and answered them quickly, She was more interested in how real life experience and project work could translate to what she told me in detail about the position. Ended up talking experience casually for about 45 min when the next candidate came in. HR called me two weeks later and said offer was pending due to some issues with the company overall my position got axed with about 1000+ others,

Interview Question – What traits in people do you dislike the most and why?   Answer Question

Melrose Park, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Navistar in November 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening with in-house company recruiter followed by in person interview. Interview consisted of a series of 6 behavior questions over the course of an hour. Question format was typical of behavioral interviews.

Interview Question – Questions were textbook examples of those found on the internet for behavioral type interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation room was very limited. No major change in salary or benefits.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Lisle, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Navistar in March 2012.

Interview Details – The HR personnel found me through CareerBuilder, contacted me and set up the interview. First round was phone, 2nd round/final is office visit. Got the offer within 3 or 4 day. Overall, it took me about 2 weeks from the first round until offer notification. First round questions pretty much about work experiences, how it relates to the position. Second round question were some general questions like behavorial, strength/weaknesses, why do you want to work for the company.

Interview Question – Question was pretty much what I expected: behavorial, strength/weaknessed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation wasn't that good. HR personnel only gave 3 days to decide and was very tough in term of negotiation. I didn't like his attitude at all.

Melrose Park, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Navistar in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted by a group of 3 interviewers, which were all very friendly and made me feel comfortable. They introduced themselves and their role in the company. They then examined my resume and proceeded with Behavioral questions. If you want to interview with them, practice some behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What was a moment in your life (school, work, personal, etc) that you failed at something?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Navistar in January 2012.

Interview Details – Had a group interview and they tested behavioral and technical skills.

Interview Question – Tell me about your background?   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineering Interview

Entry Level Engineering
Lisle, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Navistar in May 2012.

Interview Details – First was an "interview" by the recruiter but this was more of a conversation than a interview. Asked me simple questions such as what I was interested in and if I would like to Navistar etc. I did not really have a phone interview and instead proceeded to go to a face to face group interview with 3 managers. They were very nice and only asked basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I considered negotiating but the offer was already good, more than I expected.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Navistar