Navistar Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Mar 13, 2015

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

Had 1 hr long panel interview that consisted of all behavioral type questions. It was a very strict and direct interview, there wrote down all my answers.

I feel like I could have done a better job on answering the questions asked.

Note for future candidates, practice and ace the STAR interview technique. It is essential for Navistar Interviews.

Product Development Engineer, Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

1 round of in person interviews - only behavioral questions. no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you had to deal with an unpleasant person/situation. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No scope for negotiation

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navistar (Melrose Park, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a hiring manager after applying online. I had a phone interview when he called and he asked about my skills and interests. He said he would contact me again in a few days to set up an interview. He never called so I called him and we arranged to have my fly out for an interview. I flew to Chicago, had the interview the same day which lasted about 1.5 hours and flew home. I was contacted at the end of the next week.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to make a plan for a difficult project and how did it turn out and what did you learn   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to change your interpersonal savvy   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

Two engineering managers interviewed me individually. This is not even normal for Navistar because I was hired with a group of roughly 200+ engineers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Do not be afraid to ask for a starting bonus and relocation bonus.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

Interview process was pretty smooth. Got call from recruiter in February. Asked behavioral type questions and some questions regarding my current role. I was then schedued for a 1:1 interview in March in Lisle,IL. Seemed like it was a mass recruting session as there were several other candidates. Interviews were setup in groups. Interview candidates were Interviewed by 2 people (at a time). Took about an hour to complete. Results and Offers were communicated the same day in about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was limited to one time discussion. Negotiation was possible. However, after accepting the offer, the Background / Drug screening took about 2 weeks. This was the most tiring portion of the hiring process. Especially knowing that you have the job but then it all boils down to Background / Drug test results - which took about 2 weeks. These checks are carried out by a third party company. I must have checked my emailed about 5 times daily for those 2 weeks. Never must have tested my Patience so much. I wish this last bit of Background / Drug screening would not be stretched so much.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

Had a 2 on 1 interview. Was pretty low- key, pretty much a run down of my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, specific contributions to projects, my typical role in a project, and some examples of leadership.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Navistar (West Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

After I applied online, I got a call from the recruiting agency. At the end of that call she scheduled a date for an in-person interview at Chicago.
    There were many people being interviewed that day for a number of different positions. I had a series of three interviews with three different managers and got an offer the same day before I left. Quite a few of others being interviewed also got their offer letters the same day.

Interview Questions

• Describe the time in your professional or personal life when you were faced with a challenging situation and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • I was also asked to rate my skill levels for the various technical aspects of my job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My offer was reasonable and inline with my expectations. However when I broached the subject, I was told that the base salary is non-negotiable. So be sure to be upfront with your salary expectations.

Once I accepted the offer, there was little or no communication from my recruiter. I had to repeatedly email them to get information.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navistar (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Be prepared for technical as well as personality test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as calibration engineer when you are specialized in simulation?   Answer Question

Sales Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Navistar (Warrenville, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

1 Hour with two HR reps asking me alternating questions. All behavioral questions. Left me little time to ask about the position and zero feedback afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where there was a dysfunctional group dynamic and you overcame the situation   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer, Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Interview is a well organized. Many candidates Interviewed on that day . Suppose a Major hiring event.
    Phone screening , followed by a Inperson interview with 2 hiring managers for 2 rounds of interview.
    Managers were very technical and highly savvy. Questions were mainly behavioral and what if scenarios.

Offered was given out same day for Many candidates. Declined offer

Interview Questions

Offer was ok but Not great, Very little information shared about location, relocation specifics your reporting department , supervisor. etc. to make final call. Information sharing overall could be made better to influence a more positive experience on the overall interview process.