Navistar

2.9

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navistar in May 2011.

I was contacted by a hiring manager after applying online. I had a phone interview when he called and he asked about my skills and interests. He said he would contact me again in a few days to set up an interview. He never called so I called him and we arranged to have my fly out for an interview. I flew to Chicago, had the interview the same day which lasted about 1.5 hours and flew home. I was contacted at the end of the next week.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to make a plan for a difficult project and how did it turn out and what did you learn   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to change your interpersonal savvy   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Navistar in April 2011.

Two engineering managers interviewed me individually. This is not even normal for Navistar because I was hired with a group of roughly 200+ engineers.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. Do not be afraid to ask for a starting bonus and relocation bonus.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Navistar in March 2011.

Interview process was pretty smooth. Got call from recruiter in February. Asked behavioral type questions and some questions regarding my current role. I was then schedued for a 1:1 interview in March in Lisle,IL. Seemed like it was a mass recruting session as there were several other candidates. Interviews were setup in groups. Interview candidates were Interviewed by 2 people (at a time). Took about an hour to complete. Results and Offers were communicated the same day in about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was limited to one time discussion. Negotiation was possible. However, after accepting the offer, the Background / Drug screening took about 2 weeks. This was the most tiring portion of the hiring process. Especially knowing that you have the job but then it all boils down to Background / Drug test results - which took about 2 weeks. These checks are carried out by a third party company. I must have checked my emailed about 5 times daily for those 2 weeks. Never must have tested my Patience so much. I wish this last bit of Background / Drug screening would not be stretched so much.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Navistar in March 2011.

Had a 2 on 1 interview. Was pretty low- key, pretty much a run down of my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself, specific contributions to projects, my typical role in a project, and some examples of leadership.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Navistar in January 2011.

After I applied online, I got a call from the recruiting agency. At the end of that call she scheduled a date for an in-person interview at Chicago.
    There were many people being interviewed that day for a number of different positions. I had a series of three interviews with three different managers and got an offer the same day before I left. Quite a few of others being interviewed also got their offer letters the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the time in your professional or personal life when you were faced with a challenging situation and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • I was also asked to rate my skill levels for the various technical aspects of my job.   Answer Question
    My offer was reasonable and inline with my expectations. However when I broached the subject, I was told that the base salary is non-negotiable. So be sure to be upfront with your salary expectations.

Once I accepted the offer, there was little or no communication from my recruiter. I had to repeatedly email them to get information.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navistar in January 2011.

Be prepared for technical as well as personality test.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work as calibration engineer when you are specialized in simulation?   Answer Question

Sales Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Navistar in January 2011.

1 Hour with two HR reps asking me alternating questions. All behavioral questions. Left me little time to ask about the position and zero feedback afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where there was a dysfunctional group dynamic and you overcame the situation   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer, Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Navistar in January 2011.

Interview is a well organized. Many candidates Interviewed on that day . Suppose a Major hiring event.
    Phone screening , followed by a Inperson interview with 2 hiring managers for 2 rounds of interview.
    Managers were very technical and highly savvy. Questions were mainly behavioral and what if scenarios.

Offered was given out same day for Many candidates. Declined offer

Interview Questions

Offer was ok but Not great, Very little information shared about location, relocation specifics your reporting department , supervisor. etc. to make final call. Information sharing overall could be made better to influence a more positive experience on the overall interview process.

Organizational Change Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Navistar in December 2010.

This was a contract - temp position. Was interviewed by 3 managers over dinner. Was not a very good interview location since it was in public and very hard to hear everyone at the table. I felt early during the interview that this position was not a good fit for me since the job pertained to a major re-organizational shift in which the company was going to be laying off 1000's of employees and outsourcing their IT and operations groups to a 3rd party supplier and the employees in these 2 groups have already been notified and that there is alot of unrest and anger over managements decision. I was not selected for the position which is probably for the best considering the situation and current organizational climate/culture.

Interview Questions
    • If you requested something from someone and were not getting any response, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Navistar in November 2010.

Initial phone screening with in-house company recruiter followed by in person interview. Interview consisted of a series of 6 behavior questions over the course of an hour. Question format was typical of behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were textbook examples of those found on the internet for behavioral type interviews.   Answer Question
    Negotiation room was very limited. No major change in salary or benefits.