Navistar

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Lisle, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Navistar in December 2011.

Interview Details – Constantly felt as if i was being grilled, Questions were excessively repetitive, Interviewers were not even in the the group I would be working for. Asked questions that were too personal. I had to explain my job history as if they had no idea it was a actual career path.

Interview Question – Interviewer asked me a questions that related to certain database and program that was not specific to my position and was hounding me as to why i didn't know how to use it and belittled me.   View Answer

Lisle, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Navistar in June 2009.

Interview Details – One phone interview, two in person interviews. First in person inteview occured on a Saturday and I had to drive 200 mile to get there. No help from Navistar for hotels or mileage. Questions very high level and indicated managers lack of knowledge about fundamental concepts. Second interview was with three people. All of them told me to not take the job unless I had no other alternatives.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions, but all iterviews were a bit odd   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made me a low ball offer. I countered and ultimately got a signing bonus, 5K more per year.

Lisle, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Navistar in October 2009.

Interview Details – 1 interview with a behavioral and technical question. The behavioral question was basic. Technical was: you have a bracket you need to put on a truck. Should it be made from steel or aluminum? The basis was to see your thought process and why/how you approached a solution.

Interview Question – The technical question was unexpected but not difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotation

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Navistar in January 2012.

Interview Details – Had a group interview and they tested behavioral and technical skills.

Interview Question – Tell me about your background?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Melrose Park, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Navistar in January 2009.

Interview Details – Relatively easy interview. Initial interview portion was a panel interview with questions more pertaining to my experience rather than typical "tell us about a time when you _______." After answering a few questions they really began showing me around the place as if I already accepted the offer and was planning to start the next day. I was extended an offer a few days later, but declined after my current employer intervened and gave me a counter offer to stay with them.

Interview Question – Why are you looking to leave your current employer?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Melrose Park, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Navistar in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a hiring manager after applying online. I had a phone interview when he called and he asked about my skills and interests. He said he would contact me again in a few days to set up an interview. He never called so I called him and we arranged to have my fly out for an interview. I flew to Chicago, had the interview the same day which lasted about 1.5 hours and flew home. I was contacted at the end of the next week.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to make a plan for a difficult project and how did it turn out and what did you learn   Answer Question
  • Name a time when you had to change your interpersonal savvy   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Navistar in January 2011.

Interview Details – Be prepared for technical as well as personality test.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work as calibration engineer when you are specialized in simulation?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Navistar in January 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was scheduled in advance but the one of the interviewers couldn't make it so was only interviewed by hiring manager. Manager seemed very interested and engaged in the department. However, the company recruiter was very demanding and pushy.

Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Navistar in June 2010.

Interview Details – 1. Phone interview with recruiter
2. Phone interview with company recruiter
3. Written interview for company recruiter - sent to hiring manager
4. Interview with HR directly before panel interview
4. In person interview with 3 managers & 1 director
5. Tour

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Navistar in May 2008.

Interview Details – Very good interview process

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Too low

Interviews for Top Jobs at Navistar

Worked for Navistar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Navistar Engineer interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Navistar employees and interview candidates.