Navistar Engineering Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navistar (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Had a group interview and they tested behavioral and technical skills.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Navistar

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

Constantly felt as if i was being grilled, Questions were excessively repetitive, Interviewers were not even in the the group I would be working for. Asked questions that were too personal. I had to explain my job history as if they had no idea it was a actual career path.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked me a questions that related to certain database and program that was not specific to my position and was hounding me as to why i didn't know how to use it and belittled me.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navistar (Melrose Park, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a hiring manager after applying online. I had a phone interview when he called and he asked about my skills and interests. He said he would contact me again in a few days to set up an interview. He never called so I called him and we arranged to have my fly out for an interview. I flew to Chicago, had the interview the same day which lasted about 1.5 hours and flew home. I was contacted at the end of the next week.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to make a plan for a difficult project and how did it turn out and what did you learn   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to change your interpersonal savvy   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navistar (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Be prepared for technical as well as personality test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as calibration engineer when you are specialized in simulation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

1 interview with a behavioral and technical question. The behavioral question was basic. Technical was: you have a bracket you need to put on a truck. Should it be made from steel or aluminum? The basis was to see your thought process and why/how you approached a solution.

Interview Questions

• The technical question was unexpected but not difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in June 2009.

Interview

One phone interview, two in person interviews. First in person inteview occured on a Saturday and I had to drive 200 mile to get there. No help from Navistar for hotels or mileage. Questions very high level and indicated managers lack of knowledge about fundamental concepts. Second interview was with three people. All of them told me to not take the job unless I had no other alternatives.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions, but all iterviews were a bit odd   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made me a low ball offer. I countered and ultimately got a signing bonus, 5K more per year.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Navistar (Melrose Park, IL) in January 2009.

Interview

Relatively easy interview. Initial interview portion was a panel interview with questions more pertaining to my experience rather than typical "tell us about a time when you _______." After answering a few questions they really began showing me around the place as if I already accepted the offer and was planning to start the next day. I was extended an offer a few days later, but declined after my current employer intervened and gave me a counter offer to stay with them.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Navistar (Chicago, IL) in January 2008.

Interview

The interview was scheduled in advance but the one of the interviewers couldn't make it so was only interviewed by hiring manager. Manager seemed very interested and engaged in the department. However, the company recruiter was very demanding and pushy.