Navistar

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.8

Analyst Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Navistar.

Over the phone interview first then face to face. Answer the actual interview questions in the star method and it will go well. Don't expect eye contact or reassurance on your responses.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had too much to do and were unable to complete all of your work.   Answer Question
    Takes a long time and you need to be persistent with what you want and need.

FALD Program Interview

first round interview on campus, basic interview questions. tell me a time when... there was a technical question at the end. 2nd round much harder. case study interview and behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions
    • case study about working capital. Compare the financial statements.   Answer Question

FALD Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Navistar.

Met the recruiter at the career fair at school. He called me later that night to set up the interview for the next day so it was a very quick turnaround. The interview was a 2-on-1 consisting of mostly basic behavioral questions, specifically about ethics and handling a problem. There was also a technical question about how the balance sheet income statement and statement of cash flows are related and a question about working capital.

Interview Questions
    • how can there be positive income but negative operating cash flow?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Navistar in October 2014.

Talked to the recruiter at my university's career fair on Thursdays and that night was called to set up an on campus interview for Friday. The recruiters I interviewed with were current FALD members and recent graduates of my university. They asked me about 5 questions in the standard STAR format. I screwed up the technical question but if i had gotten it right they had an MBA question I could have tried. There was an ethics question and then a technical question at the end. Overall there was a very quick turn around and I will find out if I got a 2nd interview within a week of the initial contact.

Interview Questions
    • What are the 3 financial statements a company creates and in what order are they created?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to go against your ethical beliefs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Navistar in October 2014.

phone interview question was about 3 financial statements and one behavioral question. The 2nd round was much more intense. Wear a suit, no if ands or buts about that. Be prepared for 2 interviews. 2 vs 1 both times. One is behavioral and other is technical. They do technical first but don't think there is relief...like the hard part is over...bc the behavioral is just as hard. They give you case study and you get 30 mins to prepare all about cash. If you are going to prepare about this make sure you study factors of cash why it would increase and decrease and how it effects other accounts. The night before there is a mixer. You have the opportunity to talk to people in the program and the interviewers. The interviewers wont tell you its them but they seek you out so make sure you try to start a relationship with them. I know someone who did a very good job of this and got the job. Also, make sure for behavior you use STAR method. Always ask a question at the end of the interview.

Distribution Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Navistar.

Home office called me for an interview. No phone interview. Interviewed at Navistar, 4 person panel, star format, uptight situation. they were firing questions at me from every direction. They wanted specific examples of specific situations.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you have to get a team to buy in to your management style, how did you do it, what was the result. Every question was 4 - 5 parts.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navistar.

Interview process very standard, initial phone interview screen with talent acquisition, hiring manager interview and then 2 person panel interview for contract position. Initiated as contract to hire, since creation of new position can take months through the bureaucratic HR and multiple approvals between departments.

FALD Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Navistar.

I met their recruiters at my university's career fair and was contacted the next day with an invitation for an on campus interview for the following week. I was informed that the interview would consist of several behavioral questions as well as one technical question. There were two interviewers, both of whom were young and very friendly. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and the behavioral questions were very basic, such as "Tell us about a time you had to work in a group with a difficult person." The technical question was, "What are the three main financial statements and how are they related?" I was called back 2 days later with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • I thought the technical question was the most difficult only because I wasn't sure how detailed they wanted me to be and when I asked, they just said I could be as detailed as I wanted to be.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Navistar.

They called, did a quick phone screen, brought me in for an interview the next day and offered me a job an hour after I left the building.

Manufacturing Resource Leader - Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Navistar in January 2014.

Applied online through their website. First phone interview was with an internal recruiter for the company. He was rude and not very personable at all. Argued with me about the number of years of experience required for the position (said it was more than what was in the job description). He didn't ask me any questions about my background. Only asked if I was aware of the location of the job and how far it was from me (1 hr). He seemed to have an attitude during the whole initial conversation. We set up a face-to face interview which was supposed to be with 3 people at the plant location. But later I ended up turning down the interview based on the negative interaction with the recruiter.