Navistar Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.9

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL).

Interview

While I believe most applicants have a phone screening, my process moved directly to an in-person interview. The process was very straightforward. I was interviewed by three people for a little over an hour. I was asked standard behavioral interview questions ("describe a time when...") and standard STAR-format answers were more than sufficient.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to combine different data sets. What was the context and what tools did you use?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had too few tasks to fill your time at work? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Supply Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Navistar (Warrenville, IL).

Interview

Questions are asked by a panel and responses are requested in a STAR (Describe the Situation or task, Actions you took, Results from those actions and what you learned) format. Question topics included Negotiation, Communication, Organizational Agility, Customer Focus and Comfort around Higher Management. You may have a phone screen followed by an onsite interview with a panel of managers and peers. If they are interested in you, the next phase is to meet with several of their directors and that was one at a time for me. So meeting with the directors required several return trips to their facility. For me it was a total of four trips before an offer was given and negotiating started. From start to finish the process was more than 3 months until a final agreement was achieved.

Interview Questions

• What types of negotiating skills have you used? Describe a time when you used one of these techniques. From whom did you learn these skills?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase is very long and tedious. They like immediate responses from you but may take weeks or even a month to respond to you. I feel it expected of you to negotiate, however, and looked down upon if you don't.

Assembly Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Navistar.

Interview

It was a group interview with 3 employees. My interview was with a team leader, HR rep and the main quality engineer. It was a little intimidating at first but changed once we were all chatting like best friends. In order for me to be considered for an interview, I had to serve time as a temporary worker through a temporary staffing agency. Those who put forth their best effort in work ethic and attendance while being great with quality was considered first for interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Describe how an engine works.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if your station was shut down for maintenance?   1 Answer
    • What do you do to ensure that the quality metrics are followed?   1 Answer
    • Which of the following is the most important and why? Safety, Quality, or Production number goals.   1 Answer
    • What would you do when a new engine or process is launched and you haven't been trained on the new process?   1 Answer

Senior Fleet Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Navistar.

Interview

Scripted and long. Each manager had a packet with them and were assigned a group of questions to ask you. It seemed that they did want to be there doing it and waited for it to be done. Although, the managers were attentive to your responses.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a conflict with another employee and what was done.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering2015 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

It was very easy process, i applied online, it took 4 weeks for them to reach me back. Just make sure you have an appealing resume. This is the easiest interview i have taken, It is webcam based prerecorded questions, So you are not as reluctant as you would be during face to face. Make sure you have some of your good academic and practical experience worded out, so you can answer the question they ask. Its mostly situational and behavioral question, no technical question.

Interview Questions

• When did you first hear about navistar? Describe a situation when you had to lead a team? etc Basic Questions, could be found online!!   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar.

Interview

I was asked the normal engineering interview questions. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why are you qualified for this position? Etc. After completion of the interview I was called by the hiring manager with an offer, and after accepting the job I had to consent a drug screen and background check. The company requires a hair sample for the drug screen instead of a urine sample.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

When you are filling out your application set your expected annual salary high, because they will offer you that amount or close to it.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar.

Interview

Standard interview process; applied to a position based on a recommendation from a friend who worked there. Received a screening call from a recruiter where we talked about my resume and how I would fit into into the position. Got called into a interview with 3 managers; a chief engineer and 2 senior managers where the questions were all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• None; just simply talking about what I had on my resume.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navistar.

Interview

Behavior based interview. Using Star format. Interviewed by three people in the department. Some of the questions were unanswerable if you did not have a lot of prior on the job experience in the particular field. Questions were read off a sheet of paper, the basic STAR interview questions, can most likely be found online.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Navistar.

Interview

Over the phone interview first then face to face. Answer the actual interview questions in the star method and it will go well. Don't expect eye contact or reassurance on your responses.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had too much to do and were unable to complete all of your work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Takes a long time and you need to be persistent with what you want and need.

FALD Program Interview

Interview

first round interview on campus, basic interview questions. tell me a time when... there was a technical question at the end. 2nd round much harder. case study interview and behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

• case study about working capital. Compare the financial statements.   Answer Question