Navistar

Very Difficult Interview

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Lisle, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Navistar in December 2011.

Interview Details – Constantly felt as if i was being grilled, Questions were excessively repetitive, Interviewers were not even in the the group I would be working for. Asked questions that were too personal. I had to explain my job history as if they had no idea it was a actual career path.

Interview Question – Interviewer asked me a questions that related to certain database and program that was not specific to my position and was hounding me as to why i didn't know how to use it and belittled me.   View Answer

Senior Process Engineering Manager Interview

Senior Process Engineering Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Navistar in April 2010.

Interview Details – I couldn't get my resume through their electronic system so I called a friend and asked them to give my resume to the hiring manager. Once the hiring manager reviewed it another manager called to have a brief conversation and to see if I was still interested. Once we discussed, a few weeks passed and I didn't think they were going to call again, then a got a call from an HR person setting up the interview and travel plans.

Interview Question – They use the Lominger Competencies so each person had a package that they were asking questions from such as" tell me about a situation where you had to act on something important before you had time to develop a good answer or solution: Then they were looking for STARS - Situation, Task, Action, Results and what did you learn. It was sometimes difficult to come up with a story for every competency.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At the time, there was no negotiation, it was like here is the offer, take it or leave it.

Manufacturing Resource Leader - Quality Interview

Manufacturing Resource Leader - Quality
Springfield, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Navistar in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online through their website. First phone interview was with an internal recruiter for the company. He was rude and not very personable at all. Argued with me about the number of years of experience required for the position (said it was more than what was in the job description). He didn't ask me any questions about my background. Only asked if I was aware of the location of the job and how far it was from me (1 hr). He seemed to have an attitude during the whole initial conversation. We set up a face-to face interview which was supposed to be with 3 people at the plant location. But later I ended up turning down the interview based on the negative interaction with the recruiter.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Navistar.

Interview Details – Interview process very standard, initial phone interview screen with talent acquisition, hiring manager interview and then 2 person panel interview for contract position. Initiated as contract to hire, since creation of new position can take months through the bureaucratic HR and multiple approvals between departments.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Product Development Engineer
Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Navistar in February 2010.

Interview Details – First had a phone interview from a recruiter. Then had a 2 hour interview with it being one hour with 2 people and then another hour with 2 different people.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to make a moral decision and describe that decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At the time Navistar's truck engineering was in Ft. Wayne and was Union so there was no possible negotiation on salary.

FALD Intern Interview

FALD Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Navistar.

Interview Details – I met their recruiters at my university's career fair and was contacted the next day with an invitation for an on campus interview for the following week. I was informed that the interview would consist of several behavioral questions as well as one technical question. There were two interviewers, both of whom were young and very friendly. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and the behavioral questions were very basic, such as "Tell us about a time you had to work in a group with a difficult person." The technical question was, "What are the three main financial statements and how are they related?" I was called back 2 days later with the offer.

Interview Question – I thought the technical question was the most difficult only because I wasn't sure how detailed they wanted me to be and when I asked, they just said I could be as detailed as I wanted to be.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Navistar.

Interview Details – They called, did a quick phone screen, brought me in for an interview the next day and offered me a job an hour after I left the building.

Senior Product Development Engineer Interview

Senior Product Development Engineer
Lisle, IL

I interviewed at Navistar in February 2012.

Interview Details – SWOT analysis type interview and a technical round

Interview Question – how do you mangage your failures and meet expectations?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Lisle, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Navistar in May 2013.

Interview Details – I was first called by one of the HR people and scheduled for a video interview. Performed a video questionnaire and then was scheduled for a live video interview with the team I would be working with. After the live video interview I received a call saying I received the position and their offer. After all that I had to have a hair follicle drug test performed.

Interview Question – Typical questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating.

Engine Test Technician Interview

Engine Test Technician
Melrose Park, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Navistar in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted in January for the position and was a current employee of the company at a seperate location. In February there was a phone interview, followed by a in person panel interview, which Navistar paid for my airfare.

Interview Question – Very typical STAR interview. Unexpected question -"when was a time that you were stopped in your tracks, and what did you do?"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I intially accepted the offer and then had to go back on my acceptance, after being offered a better paying job a a different company.

Worked for Navistar? Contribute to the Community!