Navistar Interview Questions

2.9

Electrical Engineering2015 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Navistar in February 2015.

It was very easy process, i applied online, it took 4 weeks for them to reach me back. Just make sure you have an appealing resume. This is the easiest interview i have taken, It is webcam based prerecorded questions, So you are not as reluctant as you would be during face to face. Make sure you have some of your good academic and practical experience worded out, so you can answer the question they ask. Its mostly situational and behavioral question, no technical question.

Interview Questions
    • When did you first hear about navistar? Describe a situation when you had to lead a team? etc Basic Questions, could be found online!!   View Answer

Product Development Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Navistar.

I was asked the normal engineering interview questions. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why are you qualified for this position? Etc. After completion of the interview I was called by the hiring manager with an offer, and after accepting the job I had to consent a drug screen and background check. The company requires a hair sample for the drug screen instead of a urine sample.

Interview Questions
    When you are filling out your application set your expected annual salary high, because they will offer you that amount or close to it.

Product Development Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Navistar.

Standard interview process; applied to a position based on a recommendation from a friend who worked there. Received a screening call from a recruiter where we talked about my resume and how I would fit into into the position. Got called into a interview with 3 managers; a chief engineer and 2 senior managers where the questions were all behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • None; just simply talking about what I had on my resume.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Navistar.

Behavior based interview. Using Star format. Interviewed by three people in the department. Some of the questions were unanswerable if you did not have a lot of prior on the job experience in the particular field. Questions were read off a sheet of paper, the basic STAR interview questions, can most likely be found online.

Analyst Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Navistar.

Over the phone interview first then face to face. Answer the actual interview questions in the star method and it will go well. Don't expect eye contact or reassurance on your responses.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had too much to do and were unable to complete all of your work.   Answer Question
    Takes a long time and you need to be persistent with what you want and need.

FALD Program Interview

first round interview on campus, basic interview questions. tell me a time when... there was a technical question at the end. 2nd round much harder. case study interview and behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions
    • case study about working capital. Compare the financial statements.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navistar in November 2014.

One on-site interview, called by the internal recruiter.
    Interview took 2 hours, no tour, just arrive, answer questions, and leave.
    Manager was became agitated when I asked about telecommuting.
    No follow-up, no rejection email, nothing.

FALD Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Navistar.

Met the recruiter at the career fair at school. He called me later that night to set up the interview for the next day so it was a very quick turnaround. The interview was a 2-on-1 consisting of mostly basic behavioral questions, specifically about ethics and handling a problem. There was also a technical question about how the balance sheet income statement and statement of cash flows are related and a question about working capital.

Interview Questions
    • how can there be positive income but negative operating cash flow?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Normal, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Normal, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Navistar in October 2014.

Talked to the recruiter at my university's career fair on Thursdays and that night was called to set up an on campus interview for Friday. The recruiters I interviewed with were current FALD members and recent graduates of my university. They asked me about 5 questions in the standard STAR format. I screwed up the technical question but if i had gotten it right they had an MBA question I could have tried. There was an ethics question and then a technical question at the end. Overall there was a very quick turn around and I will find out if I got a 2nd interview within a week of the initial contact.

Interview Questions
    • What are the 3 financial statements a company creates and in what order are they created?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to go against your ethical beliefs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Navistar in October 2014.

phone interview question was about 3 financial statements and one behavioral question. The 2nd round was much more intense. Wear a suit, no if ands or buts about that. Be prepared for 2 interviews. 2 vs 1 both times. One is behavioral and other is technical. They do technical first but don't think there is relief...like the hard part is over...bc the behavioral is just as hard. They give you case study and you get 30 mins to prepare all about cash. If you are going to prepare about this make sure you study factors of cash why it would increase and decrease and how it effects other accounts. The night before there is a mixer. You have the opportunity to talk to people in the program and the interviewers. The interviewers wont tell you its them but they seek you out so make sure you try to start a relationship with them. I know someone who did a very good job of this and got the job. Also, make sure for behavior you use STAR method. Always ask a question at the end of the interview.