Navistar Interview Questions

2.9

PDI Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Garland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Navistar in May 2012.

Applied on line, was referred through career placement department. Got a call a few days later to arrange a phone interview with department director, supervisor and engineer. Typical STAR interview, got a call the next week offering the position.

Interview Questions
    • What do you see as your role in the department should you take this position?   Answer Question
    None, was offered top pay for job grade and accepted

Supply Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warrenville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

I applied through other source - interviewed at Navistar in June 2013.

Really easy. Phone interview and video phone interview, then it came the offer one month later... I interviewed with different program managers, and they call me one month later over the phone and made me the final offer. A really easy process...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Distribution Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Joliet, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Navistar.

Home office called me for an interview. No phone interview. Interviewed at Navistar, 4 person panel, star format, uptight situation. they were firing questions at me from every direction. They wanted specific examples of specific situations.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you have to get a team to buy in to your management style, how did you do it, what was the result. Every question was 4 - 5 parts.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lisle, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Navistar in December 2011.

Constantly felt as if i was being grilled, Questions were excessively repetitive, Interviewers were not even in the the group I would be working for. Asked questions that were too personal. I had to explain my job history as if they had no idea it was a actual career path.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer asked me a questions that related to certain database and program that was not specific to my position and was hounding me as to why i didn't know how to use it and belittled me.   View Answer

Senior Process Engineering Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Navistar in April 2010.

I couldn't get my resume through their electronic system so I called a friend and asked them to give my resume to the hiring manager. Once the hiring manager reviewed it another manager called to have a brief conversation and to see if I was still interested. Once we discussed, a few weeks passed and I didn't think they were going to call again, then a got a call from an HR person setting up the interview and travel plans.

Interview Questions
    • They use the Lominger Competencies so each person had a package that they were asking questions from such as" tell me about a situation where you had to act on something important before you had time to develop a good answer or solution: Then they were looking for STARS - Situation, Task, Action, Results and what did you learn. It was sometimes difficult to come up with a story for every competency.   Answer Question
    At the time, there was no negotiation, it was like here is the offer, take it or leave it.

Manufacturing Resource Leader - Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Navistar in January 2014.

Applied online through their website. First phone interview was with an internal recruiter for the company. He was rude and not very personable at all. Argued with me about the number of years of experience required for the position (said it was more than what was in the job description). He didn't ask me any questions about my background. Only asked if I was aware of the location of the job and how far it was from me (1 hr). He seemed to have an attitude during the whole initial conversation. We set up a face-to face interview which was supposed to be with 3 people at the plant location. But later I ended up turning down the interview based on the negative interaction with the recruiter.

Program Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Navistar.

Interview process very standard, initial phone interview screen with talent acquisition, hiring manager interview and then 2 person panel interview for contract position. Initiated as contract to hire, since creation of new position can take months through the bureaucratic HR and multiple approvals between departments.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Navistar in February 2010.

First had a phone interview from a recruiter. Then had a 2 hour interview with it being one hour with 2 people and then another hour with 2 different people.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to make a moral decision and describe that decision.   Answer Question
    At the time Navistar's truck engineering was in Ft. Wayne and was Union so there was no possible negotiation on salary.

FALD Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Navistar.

I met their recruiters at my university's career fair and was contacted the next day with an invitation for an on campus interview for the following week. I was informed that the interview would consist of several behavioral questions as well as one technical question. There were two interviewers, both of whom were young and very friendly. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and the behavioral questions were very basic, such as "Tell us about a time you had to work in a group with a difficult person." The technical question was, "What are the three main financial statements and how are they related?" I was called back 2 days later with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • I thought the technical question was the most difficult only because I wasn't sure how detailed they wanted me to be and when I asked, they just said I could be as detailed as I wanted to be.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Navistar.

They called, did a quick phone screen, brought me in for an interview the next day and offered me a job an hour after I left the building.

Worked for Navistar? Contribute to the Community!