Navistar

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Inventory Planning Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Navistar in August 2008.

Navistar uses Lominger Core Competencies when interviewing. Research these competencies and be prepared to indicate a specific situation or task that demonstrates that competency, how you handled the situation, and the result of your actions to remedy the situation/problem you're describing.

Interviews are conducted by multiple managers (as few as 3 and as many as 4 in my experience) and questions are asked round robin by the interviewers.

Interview Questions
  • There isn't really a specific question that is difficult or unexpected (especially if you research the Lominger Core Competencies before the interview process) but if the core competency you're being asked about does not really pertain to your career history coming up with a specific example for that core competency can be difficult.   View Answer
I was called by HR with an offer and told an offer letter would be sent along with a drug screening kit and instructions for the drug screening/background check. Upon completion of the drug screening and background check I was called by my new manager to arrange a start date. Orientation lasted most of the first day of employment. I believe orientation sessions are only offered on certain days so if you don't start on one of those days you may not get orientation until your 2nd or 3rd day of employment.