Navistar

2.7

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

FALD Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Navistar in October 2014.

phone interview question was about 3 financial statements and one behavioral question. The 2nd round was much more intense. Wear a suit, no if ands or buts about that. Be prepared for 2 interviews. 2 vs 1 both times. One is behavioral and other is technical. They do technical first but don't think there is relief...like the hard part is over...bc the behavioral is just as hard. They give you case study and you get 30 mins to prepare all about cash. If you are going to prepare about this make sure you study factors of cash why it would increase and decrease and how it effects other accounts. The night before there is a mixer. You have the opportunity to talk to people in the program and the interviewers. The interviewers wont tell you its them but they seek you out so make sure you try to start a relationship with them. I know someone who did a very good job of this and got the job. Also, make sure for behavior you use STAR method. Always ask a question at the end of the interview.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Navistar.

Long process - interviewed over 4 months. Interviewed with about 6 managers.

Interview Questions
    • Typically behavior questions such as "Have you ever made a mistake? How did you handle it?" Needed to answer based on SAR (Situation-Action-Result) model.   Answer Question
    It was driven by the hiring manager. She was tough and shot low for salary. I did get the signon bonus I requested.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navistar in May 2013.

I was first called by one of the HR people and scheduled for a video interview. Performed a video questionnaire and then was scheduled for a live video interview with the team I would be working with. After the live video interview I received a call saying I received the position and their offer. After all that I had to have a hair follicle drug test performed.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiating.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Navistar.

The usual. Will get back to you whenever.

Interview Questions
    • None the bar for all jobs are so low the only difficult thing is dealing with it. When you see positive attitudes on the job position for a professional career thats a red flag to the environment of the place. Also dealing with ambiguity translates to everything is such a mess inside you most likely won't be able get anything because of it. Ambiguity here is not what ambiguity is else where. Think of it like this. You want water. Seems very basic and simple go to the drinking fountain. Here you have to find a shovel, start digging holes looking for water, then install the pump to the well, run the plumbing, install the fountain, then get your water. Translate that to your daily work and you can understand how bad even the simpliest task are. This will be for every task, not just the usual onezeezzzz twozeeezzzz people mean when they say we have that at our workplace. Its everything, this translates to why the quality is so bad. Also failed forced joint outsourcing to India really makes things worse.   Answer Question
    It was straight forward. Take this or leave, you maybe able to get another $3k. Primarily because they won't have anyone else for the job. Also they try to outsource jobs left and right claiming can't find an american. Really you can't find an american industrial engineer looking for work?????

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navistar in June 2012.

Contacted by HR for phone interview. Phone interview was about 1/2 hr with basic behavior questions and asking if I was interested in the job description. Phone interview was with HR. About 1 week later asked if they could interview me in person. Schedule for 2 weeks later, probably took longer as they had to schedule to fly me out from MA. In person interview was suppose to be with 3 but ended up as 1 who would have been my direct manager. Asked 3 behavioral questions that she said were required by HR, she let me pick the 3 off her sheet and answered them quickly, She was more interested in how real life experience and project work could translate to what she told me in detail about the position. Ended up talking experience casually for about 45 min when the next candidate came in. HR called me two weeks later and said offer was pending due to some issues with the company overall my position got axed with about 1000+ others,

Interview Questions
    • What traits in people do you dislike the most and why?   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navistar in May 2012.

First was an "interview" by the recruiter but this was more of a conversation than a interview. Asked me simple questions such as what I was interested in and if I would like to Navistar etc. I did not really have a phone interview and instead proceeded to go to a face to face group interview with 3 managers. They were very nice and only asked basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    I considered negotiating but the offer was already good, more than I expected.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navistar in March 2012.

The HR personnel found me through CareerBuilder, contacted me and set up the interview. First round was phone, 2nd round/final is office visit. Got the offer within 3 or 4 day. Overall, it took me about 2 weeks from the first round until offer notification. First round questions pretty much about work experiences, how it relates to the position. Second round question were some general questions like behavorial, strength/weaknesses, why do you want to work for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Question was pretty much what I expected: behavorial, strength/weaknessed.   Answer Question
    Negotiation wasn't that good. HR personnel only gave 3 days to decide and was very tough in term of negotiation. I didn't like his attitude at all.

Supplier Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navistar in March 2012.

Phone interview with HR . Technical Phone Conference call with Hiring manager. F2F interview with Hiring managers. Waiting for 2 weeks

Senior Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

interviewed at Navistar in February 2012.

SWOT analysis type interview and a technical round

Interview Questions
    • how do you mangage your failures and meet expectations?   Answer Question

FALD Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navistar in February 2012.

I applied through my school's career center and had one 30 minute, on-campus interview. The interview consisted of a few easy behavioral questions and one technical question regarding connections between the financial statements. I was called a little over a month later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the relationship between the balance sheet and statement of cash flows.   Answer Question