Navistar

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engine Test Technician Interview

Engine Test Technician
Melrose Park, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Navistar in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted in January for the position and was a current employee of the company at a seperate location. In February there was a phone interview, followed by a in person panel interview, which Navistar paid for my airfare.

Interview Question – Very typical STAR interview. Unexpected question -"when was a time that you were stopped in your tracks, and what did you do?"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I intially accepted the offer and then had to go back on my acceptance, after being offered a better paying job a a different company.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Product Development Engineer
Melrose Park, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Navistar in November 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening with in-house company recruiter followed by in person interview. Interview consisted of a series of 6 behavior questions over the course of an hour. Question format was typical of behavioral interviews.

Interview Question – Questions were textbook examples of those found on the internet for behavioral type interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation room was very limited. No major change in salary or benefits.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Product Development Engineer
Melrose Park, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Navistar in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted by a group of 3 interviewers, which were all very friendly and made me feel comfortable. They introduced themselves and their role in the company. They then examined my resume and proceeded with Behavioral questions. If you want to interview with them, practice some behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What was a moment in your life (school, work, personal, etc) that you failed at something?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Melrose Park, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Navistar in January 2009.

Interview Details – Relatively easy interview. Initial interview portion was a panel interview with questions more pertaining to my experience rather than typical "tell us about a time when you _______." After answering a few questions they really began showing me around the place as if I already accepted the offer and was planning to start the next day. I was extended an offer a few days later, but declined after my current employer intervened and gave me a counter offer to stay with them.

Interview Question – Why are you looking to leave your current employer?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Melrose Park, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Navistar in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a hiring manager after applying online. I had a phone interview when he called and he asked about my skills and interests. He said he would contact me again in a few days to set up an interview. He never called so I called him and we arranged to have my fly out for an interview. I flew to Chicago, had the interview the same day which lasted about 1.5 hours and flew home. I was contacted at the end of the next week.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to make a plan for a difficult project and how did it turn out and what did you learn   Answer Question
  • Name a time when you had to change your interpersonal savvy   Answer Question

International Business Intern Interview

International Business Intern
Melrose Park, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Navistar in June 2010.

Interview Details – Initially, I applied to Navistar through my university career connections site. It took a while (about a month) for Navistar HR to contact me. I first had a phone interview, and then I had an in-person second round with several employees.

Interview Question – Have you ever had to deal with ambiguous information in a job, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Diagnostics Engineer Interview

Diagnostics Engineer
Melrose Park, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Navistar in April 2010.

Interview Details – sat down with my boss and his boss ( was late), talked for an hour or so, called me back the next day and told me they would be sending an offer my way by monday.

Interview Question – describe a time you had to disagree with your boss about something that was unethical   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I gave them a number and they matched it

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Melrose Park, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Navistar in November 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process is very formalized. You need to build a connection with the managers as a cultural/personality fit is really important as well as a proper technical fit.

Interview Question – Please tell me your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is room for negotiation.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Navistar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Navistar interview questions and advice in Melrose Park, IL. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Navistar employees and interview candidates.