Navistar Product Development Engineer Interview Questions

2.4

Product Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Navistar.

Interview

I was asked the normal engineering interview questions. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why are you qualified for this position? Etc. After completion of the interview I was called by the hiring manager with an offer, and after accepting the job I had to consent a drug screen and background check. The company requires a hair sample for the drug screen instead of a urine sample.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

When you are filling out your application set your expected annual salary high, because they will offer you that amount or close to it.

Other Interview Reviews for Navistar

Product Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Navistar.

Interview

Standard interview process; applied to a position based on a recommendation from a friend who worked there. Received a screening call from a recruiter where we talked about my resume and how I would fit into into the position. Got called into a interview with 3 managers; a chief engineer and 2 senior managers where the questions were all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• None; just simply talking about what I had on my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Navistar (Chicago, IL).

Interview

straightforward questions from the resume .do thorough research on what is listed in your resume. they do not ask anything outside of it

Negotiation

if you are from an good university , they will entertain negotiations on salary and sign on bonus

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL).

Interview

The usual. Will get back to you whenever.

Interview Questions

• None the bar for all jobs are so low the only difficult thing is dealing with it. When you see positive attitudes on the job position for a professional career thats a red flag to the environment of the place. Also dealing with ambiguity translates to everything is such a mess inside you most likely won't be able get anything because of it. Ambiguity here is not what ambiguity is else where. Think of it like this. You want water. Seems very basic and simple go to the drinking fountain. Here you have to find a shovel, start digging holes looking for water, then install the pump to the well, run the plumbing, install the fountain, then get your water. Translate that to your daily work and you can understand how bad even the simpliest task are. This will be for every task, not just the usual onezeezzzz twozeeezzzz people mean when they say we have that at our workplace. Its everything, this translates to why the quality is so bad. Also failed forced joint outsourcing to India really makes things worse.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was straight forward. Take this or leave, you maybe able to get another $3k. Primarily because they won't have anyone else for the job. Also they try to outsource jobs left and right claiming can't find an american. Really you can't find an american industrial engineer looking for work?????

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

Contacted by HR for phone interview. Phone interview was about 1/2 hr with basic behavior questions and asking if I was interested in the job description. Phone interview was with HR. About 1 week later asked if they could interview me in person. Schedule for 2 weeks later, probably took longer as they had to schedule to fly me out from MA. In person interview was suppose to be with 3 but ended up as 1 who would have been my direct manager. Asked 3 behavioral questions that she said were required by HR, she let me pick the 3 off her sheet and answered them quickly, She was more interested in how real life experience and project work could translate to what she told me in detail about the position. Ended up talking experience casually for about 45 min when the next candidate came in. HR called me two weeks later and said offer was pending due to some issues with the company overall my position got axed with about 1000+ others,

Interview Questions

• What traits in people do you dislike the most and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Navistar (Melrose Park, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview was conducted by a group of 3 interviewers, which were all very friendly and made me feel comfortable. They introduced themselves and their role in the company. They then examined my resume and proceeded with Behavioral questions. If you want to interview with them, practice some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a moment in your life (school, work, personal, etc) that you failed at something?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

Two engineering managers interviewed me individually. This is not even normal for Navistar because I was hired with a group of roughly 200+ engineers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Do not be afraid to ask for a starting bonus and relocation bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Navistar (Melrose Park, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

Initial phone screening with in-house company recruiter followed by in person interview. Interview consisted of a series of 6 behavior questions over the course of an hour. Question format was typical of behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

• Questions were textbook examples of those found on the internet for behavioral type interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation room was very limited. No major change in salary or benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navistar (Fort Wayne, IN) in February 2010.

Interview

First had a phone interview from a recruiter. Then had a 2 hour interview with it being one hour with 2 people and then another hour with 2 different people.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to make a moral decision and describe that decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the time Navistar's truck engineering was in Ft. Wayne and was Union so there was no possible negotiation on salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Navistar (Melrose Park, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

Interview was straight out of college for a rotational program and was primarily behavioral. There were a few engineering related questions but most revolved around leadership issues and project related issues.

Interview Questions

• behavioral based questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little negotiation, partially because they offered more than I expected and partially because Navistar was not negotiating at the time.