Navistar

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Navistar in February 2010.

Interview Details – First had a phone interview from a recruiter. Then had a 2 hour interview with it being one hour with 2 people and then another hour with 2 different people.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to make a moral decision and describe that decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At the time Navistar's truck engineering was in Ft. Wayne and was Union so there was no possible negotiation on salary.

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Navistar.

Interview Details – straightforward questions from the resume .do thorough research on what is listed in your resume. they do not ask anything outside of it

Negotiation Details – if you are from an good university , they will entertain negotiations on salary and sign on bonus

Very Easy Interview

Lisle, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Navistar.

Interview Details – The usual. Will get back to you whenever.

Interview Question – None the bar for all jobs are so low the only difficult thing is dealing with it. When you see positive attitudes on the job position for a professional career thats a red flag to the environment of the place. Also dealing with ambiguity translates to everything is such a mess inside you most likely won't be able get anything because of it. Ambiguity here is not what ambiguity is else where. Think of it like this. You want water. Seems very basic and simple go to the drinking fountain. Here you have to find a shovel, start digging holes looking for water, then install the pump to the well, run the plumbing, install the fountain, then get your water. Translate that to your daily work and you can understand how bad even the simpliest task are. This will be for every task, not just the usual onezeezzzz twozeeezzzz people mean when they say we have that at our workplace. Its everything, this translates to why the quality is so bad. Also failed forced joint outsourcing to India really makes things worse.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was straight forward. Take this or leave, you maybe able to get another $3k. Primarily because they won't have anyone else for the job. Also they try to outsource jobs left and right claiming can't find an american. Really you can't find an american industrial engineer looking for work?????

Lisle, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Navistar in June 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR for phone interview. Phone interview was about 1/2 hr with basic behavior questions and asking if I was interested in the job description. Phone interview was with HR. About 1 week later asked if they could interview me in person. Schedule for 2 weeks later, probably took longer as they had to schedule to fly me out from MA. In person interview was suppose to be with 3 but ended up as 1 who would have been my direct manager. Asked 3 behavioral questions that she said were required by HR, she let me pick the 3 off her sheet and answered them quickly, She was more interested in how real life experience and project work could translate to what she told me in detail about the position. Ended up talking experience casually for about 45 min when the next candidate came in. HR called me two weeks later and said offer was pending due to some issues with the company overall my position got axed with about 1000+ others,

Interview Question – What traits in people do you dislike the most and why?   Answer Question

Melrose Park, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Navistar in November 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening with in-house company recruiter followed by in person interview. Interview consisted of a series of 6 behavior questions over the course of an hour. Question format was typical of behavioral interviews.

Interview Question – Questions were textbook examples of those found on the internet for behavioral type interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation room was very limited. No major change in salary or benefits.

Melrose Park, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Navistar in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted by a group of 3 interviewers, which were all very friendly and made me feel comfortable. They introduced themselves and their role in the company. They then examined my resume and proceeded with Behavioral questions. If you want to interview with them, practice some behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What was a moment in your life (school, work, personal, etc) that you failed at something?   Answer Question

Lisle, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Navistar in April 2011.

Interview Details – Two engineering managers interviewed me individually. This is not even normal for Navistar because I was hired with a group of roughly 200+ engineers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Do not be afraid to ask for a starting bonus and relocation bonus.

Interviewed at Navistar

Interview Details – Two half hour interviews, relatively simple, predictable questions

Interview Question – A time you developed a process   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Navistar

Worked for Navistar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Navistar Product Development Engineer interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Navistar employees and interview candidates.