Navy Exchange Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2015

2.4

SALES CLERK Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navy Exchange.

Interview

Apply online, and then there is an interview a few weeks later. If you pass the interview you are to start training 2 weeks after that. The interview was easy and lasts about an hour.

SALES CLERK Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Navy Exchange.

Interview

The interview was a fairly simple process. It was a group interview with two other people (three total including myself). The job was explained and we were given the opportunity to ask questions. We were asked our names, numbers, and availability throughout the week. The interview went by very quickly and we were in there no longer than twenty minutes.

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Navy Exchange.

Interview

Phone interview with DLPM and RLPM. In person interview with DLPM. After the interview with both the RLPM and DLPM, the position was offered about 1 week later. Overall pretty easy vetting. They will perform in depth backgrounds and depending on position, you will have security clearance to get on US Navy bases.

Interview Questions

• None really, all question were pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not have any, I accepted their first offer.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navy Exchange.

Interview

Got an interview, when asked if I had any questions I asked "what is the company culture like?" The response I got was about demographics, she started telling me about how many males vs. females etc. Maybe your hiring managers should know the difference between company culture and demographics, just a thought. Needless to say I didn't get the job, but hey at least I know the difference between company culture and demographics.

Interview Questions

• Was given a quiz on business terminology, really?? Balance sheet, accounts receivable etc.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navy Exchange.

Interview

I was hired through their mass hiring process where the marketing personnel asked me about my experience in retail and he just forwarded me to the manager he thought was deemed appropriate to handle my interview. Not very thorough I must say but I guess they were just looking for people to fill in their staffing right away.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Navy Exchange (Norfolk, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position on the company website and I was contacted about 2 weeks later for a phone interview. The phone interview went well. Questions were relevant to the position and the field. The phone interview lasted about an hour. I was then called back for a face to face interview with the Director and Sr. VP of HR. This interview also went well and questions seemed relevant at the time, however when I received a call informing me that I did not get the job, the reasons pointed towards information that was not obtained in the interview.

SALES CLERK Interview

Interview

applied online was called within 2 weeks for an interview. was interview by two-man panel. questions were why do u want to work there? whats EEO? how you manage a difficult customers?initiatives you have taken in the past

SALES CLERK Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Navy Exchange in March 2014.

Interview

apply online but then during the face to face interview there was three people who went round table asking questions about the job and my qualifications. It was done with the general manager, position supervisor, and another individual. most of the inprocessing was done online to include the tax forms and such there was one 4 hour day of briefs and quick movies to watch about the policies.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none, no promised hours or benefits just minimum wage.

Loss Prevention/Safety Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Navy Exchange.

Interview

Interview was great and related to questions about the Loss Prevention field. Questions were direct and not meant to trick or confuse you. Safety questions were not in depth, as Loss Prevention questions. Questions regarding the use of the Aspect program were asked.

Interview Questions

• I can honestly say there were no difficult questions asked, if you had experience in the Loss Prevention and Safety fields.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on pay. No relocation money.

Cashier/Checker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Navy Exchange (Portsmouth, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview was awesome. The people their are great and helpful. The manager of the store came and picked me up herself and she was pleasant. A wonderful lady and made u feel welcomed.