Navy Exchange

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.4

Accounting Technician Reconciliation Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Navy Exchange.

Got an interview, when asked if I had any questions I asked "what is the company culture like?" The response I got was about demographics, she started telling me about how many males vs. females etc. Maybe your hiring managers should know the difference between company culture and demographics, just a thought. Needless to say I didn't get the job, but hey at least I know the difference between company culture and demographics.

Interview Questions
    • Was given a quiz on business terminology, really?? Balance sheet, accounts receivable etc.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Navy Exchange.

I was hired through their mass hiring process where the marketing personnel asked me about my experience in retail and he just forwarded me to the manager he thought was deemed appropriate to handle my interview. Not very thorough I must say but I guess they were just looking for people to fill in their staffing right away.

Senior Organization Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Navy Exchange in July 2014.

I applied for the position on the company website and I was contacted about 2 weeks later for a phone interview. The phone interview went well. Questions were relevant to the position and the field. The phone interview lasted about an hour. I was then called back for a face to face interview with the Director and Sr. VP of HR. This interview also went well and questions seemed relevant at the time, however when I received a call informing me that I did not get the job, the reasons pointed towards information that was not obtained in the interview.

SALES CLERK Interview

applied online was called within 2 weeks for an interview. was interview by two-man panel. questions were why do u want to work there? whats EEO? how you manage a difficult customers?initiatives you have taken in the past

SALES CLERK Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Navy Exchange in March 2014.

apply online but then during the face to face interview there was three people who went round table asking questions about the job and my qualifications. It was done with the general manager, position supervisor, and another individual. most of the inprocessing was done online to include the tax forms and such there was one 4 hour day of briefs and quick movies to watch about the policies.

Interview Questions
    there was none, no promised hours or benefits just minimum wage.

Loss Prevention/Safety Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Navy Exchange.

Interview was great and related to questions about the Loss Prevention field. Questions were direct and not meant to trick or confuse you. Safety questions were not in depth, as Loss Prevention questions. Questions regarding the use of the Aspect program were asked.

Interview Questions
    • I can honestly say there were no difficult questions asked, if you had experience in the Loss Prevention and Safety fields.   Answer Question
    No negotiation on pay. No relocation money.

Cashier/Checker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Navy Exchange in October 2013.

The interview was awesome. The people their are great and helpful. The manager of the store came and picked me up herself and she was pleasant. A wonderful lady and made u feel welcomed.

Supervisory Sales Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navy Exchange in September 2013.

apply online then manager will call to set up the interview. I went through panel interview. There were 3 managers took turn ask me questions. They will write down your answer.

Interview Questions
    • When they ask "do you have any question for us?", try to do some research about the company and the department you apply for. It is a good time for you to sell your idea and what you know about company.   Answer Question

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navy Exchange in March 2013.

I applied on a thursday and got a call for an interview a week later. An "unknown" number called me twice. The first time I didn't answer and no one left a message. The second time I answered and was asked to come in for an inteview at 10:30 the following day.

I wasn't sure what to expect in the interview but I brought my resume just in case. I had 2 interviewers. Both interviewers we're monotone the entire interview so I couldn't get a feel of if they liked me or not. They didn't talk about the job at all but just asked me questions.

First they had me read the job description then they started asking me questions a sheet and they wrote my answers down. Some of the questions were:
    What experience do you have that applies to this position?
    What experience do you have with using computers and scanners?
    What does EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) mean to you?
    Do you know how to operate a forklift/pallet driver?
    Can you work the scheduled hours?

There's benefits for anyone that works over 20 hours. They had to interview other people before they decided if I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • What does inventory shrinkage mean to you?   View Answer

Receptionist for Beauty Salon and Barber Shop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Navy Exchange in August 2011.

One interview. Simple. Basic questions.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Less than I wanted but better than my current job.