Navy Exchange

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Organization Development Specialist Interview

Senior Organization Development Specialist
Norfolk, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Navy Exchange in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the position on the company website and I was contacted about 2 weeks later for a phone interview. The phone interview went well. Questions were relevant to the position and the field. The phone interview lasted about an hour. I was then called back for a face to face interview with the Director and Sr. VP of HR. This interview also went well and questions seemed relevant at the time, however when I received a call informing me that I did not get the job, the reasons pointed towards information that was not obtained in the interview.

Interview Question – What experience do you have using business analytics?   Answer Question

SALES CLERK Interview

SALES CLERK

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Navy Exchange in March 2014.

Interview Details – apply online but then during the face to face interview there was three people who went round table asking questions about the job and my qualifications. It was done with the general manager, position supervisor, and another individual. most of the inprocessing was done online to include the tax forms and such there was one 4 hour day of briefs and quick movies to watch about the policies.

Interview Question – typical type questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none, no promised hours or benefits just minimum wage.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Navy Exchange.

Interview Details – I was hired through their mass hiring process where the marketing personnel asked me about my experience in retail and he just forwarded me to the manager he thought was deemed appropriate to handle my interview. Not very thorough I must say but I guess they were just looking for people to fill in their staffing right away.

Interview Question – How do you handle difficult co-workers?   Answer Question

SALES CLERK Interview

SALES CLERK

Interviewed at Navy Exchange

Interview Details – applied online was called within 2 weeks for an interview. was interview by two-man panel. questions were why do u want to work there? whats EEO? how you manage a difficult customers?initiatives you have taken in the past

Loss Prevention/Safety Manager Interview

Loss Prevention/Safety Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Navy Exchange.

Interview Details – Interview was great and related to questions about the Loss Prevention field. Questions were direct and not meant to trick or confuse you. Safety questions were not in depth, as Loss Prevention questions. Questions regarding the use of the Aspect program were asked.

Interview Question – I can honestly say there were no difficult questions asked, if you had experience in the Loss Prevention and Safety fields.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on pay. No relocation money.

Very Easy Interview

Cashier/Checker Interview

Cashier/Checker
Portsmouth, VA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Navy Exchange in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was awesome. The people their are great and helpful. The manager of the store came and picked me up herself and she was pleasant. A wonderful lady and made u feel welcomed.

Supervisory Sales Clerk Interview

Supervisory Sales Clerk

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Navy Exchange in September 2013.

Interview Details – apply online then manager will call to set up the interview. I went through panel interview. There were 3 managers took turn ask me questions. They will write down your answer.

Interview Question – When they ask "do you have any question for us?", try to do some research about the company and the department you apply for. It is a good time for you to sell your idea and what you know about company.   Answer Question

Sales Supervisor Interview

Sales Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Navy Exchange in July 2010.

Interview Details – Online application, call from HR to set up interview, call from Manager to set up interview, had to wait 2 hours to get a pass to get on base, interviewed with Manager and his Manager. Was called back one week later and was hired.

Interview Question – The questions were very simple and took about 15 minutes. The General Manager was very rude and she made you feel like she was judging you harshly.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They ask me how much I wanted to make. The position was listed at between 39,000 and 49,00 or something like that. I ask for 45,000 to start.

Very Easy Interview

Receptionist for Beauty Salon and Barber Shop Interview

Receptionist for Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
Norfolk, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Navy Exchange in August 2011.

Interview Details – One interview. Simple. Basic questions.

Interview Question – None. They were all expected and easy to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Less than I wanted but better than my current job.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Warehouse Worker
Silverdale, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Navy Exchange in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on a thursday and got a call for an interview a week later. An "unknown" number called me twice. The first time I didn't answer and no one left a message. The second time I answered and was asked to come in for an inteview at 10:30 the following day.

I wasn't sure what to expect in the interview but I brought my resume just in case. I had 2 interviewers. Both interviewers we're monotone the entire interview so I couldn't get a feel of if they liked me or not. They didn't talk about the job at all but just asked me questions.

First they had me read the job description then they started asking me questions a sheet and they wrote my answers down. Some of the questions were:
What experience do you have that applies to this position?
What experience do you have with using computers and scanners?
What does EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) mean to you?
Do you know how to operate a forklift/pallet driver?
Can you work the scheduled hours?

There's benefits for anyone that works over 20 hours. They had to interview other people before they decided if I got the job.

Interview Question – What does inventory shrinkage mean to you?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Navy Exchange

Worked for Navy Exchange? Contribute to the Community!