Navy Federal Credit Union

72 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Operations Analyst II Interview

Business Operations Analyst II

I applied online - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in May 2012.

Interview Details – I completed an analytical assignment first, then had a screening interview with the manager, and a second interview with most team members (panel style). The first interview was easy for the most part, however, I had to know basic statistics definitions and some financial terms. The panel interview was not too bad, the questions were pretty basic for the most part...

Interview Question – What have you failed at?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Quality Assurance Analyst
Pensacola, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in June 2014.

Interview Details – About 2 weeks from applying @ NFCU career site was contacted for 1st interview. Questions were not anything overly complicated and I was given a "test" of sorts that helped them identify job knowledge and thought process. The "test" itself wasn't difficult but the stress level was still high given it's unexpected nature. Talked through test results and how/why I came to the conclusions I did; from discussions both manager and myself shared a lot of common beliefs and methodoligies regarding SQA (Software Quality Assurance) so the comfort level increased the longer the interview went. Interview last, in my case anyway, somewhere in the 1.5 hour range which I thought was a good experience to have for the sake of making good first impressions. Two weeks following the first interview I was called in for a second interview to include additional QA manager. The second interview was more abbreviated lasting no more than 15-20 minutes...questions from manager in second interview were fairly standard and additional "testing" was not present. Two days after second interview was contacted and notified that someone else was chosen for the Analyst position. The recruiter I had been working with did contact me once the decision had been made and mentioned that they wanted me for a Tester position that was due to open within the next 2-3 months and was asked if I would be interested. I expressed interest and wanted to be considered for the position but no final decision can be made until more is known about the salary being offered...guess this story is "To Be Continued".

Interview Question – No unexpected questions or overly difficult processes to understand. Once you understood the terminology used in the test provided (see reference in above review) taking the "test" was not complicated at all. There's no right or wrong answers but you do need to be able to explain the thought process used to arrive at those results.   Answer Question

Account Services Interview

Account Services
Pensacola, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in June 2014.

Interview Details – Computer based testing about the day to day functions at NFCU. Interview process is fairly simply, do most of the talking and sell yourself. Make them know how you would be valued as an employee

Interview Question – The interview and testing process is straight forward.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Making less than current position.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Member Service Representative II Interview

Member Service Representative II
Lemoore Naval Air Station, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview Details – I received an email asking me to complete an assessment online. It was a screening method with customer service, attention to detail, and monetary questions. I received a phone call a few days later asking me to come in for an interview. The interview was about an hour long. I did not complete an essay question.

Interview Question – What is your biggest regret during your work career?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Vienna, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in April 2014.

Interview Details – Navy Federal was one of the best places when it came down to interviewing and hiring. The recruiter always contacted me on time and I was always able to contact her by email or by telephone whenever I had a question. The interview process was good as well, they asked relevant questions to your job title and also were very nice.

Interview Question – I wouldn't say there was any questions that were very difficult or unexpected. If you did your research on the position and were honest with every answer then the interview process was very smooth. I would suggest to do some research on the position before you go in for the interview and be very confident in everything you talk about. They really like leadership and confidence, so if you can show them that then you should be good!   Answer Question

Member Service Representative Interview

Member Service Representative
Winchester, VA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online- was emailed a online test a day later. About 3 days after initial application, I was called for an interview. I interview the next day after the phone call. ** just interviewed on July 1st. still waiting on the outcome**

Interview Question – Tell about a time you produced or implemented a new procedure or way of doing things? What was it and how it did turn out?   Answer Question

Member Service Representative Interview

Member Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview Details – Submit your resume online and they sent me an on-line test. Got called in for an interview. Called me with a job offer within two days. The interview was not bad. Since it is the best credit union I knew I had to bring my A game.

Interview Question – There was not a difficult interview question. They ask standard questions.   Answer Question

Msr Interview

Msr

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in June 2014.

Interview Details – Branch manager was friendly and helpful. Was interviewed by both the branch manager and the assistant branch manager. Interview was formal, but fun. Interaction was not so uptight, which was nice. Mid-interview our conversation changed as they inquired about me taking a different position. It was unexpected, but nice.

Interview Question – Describe an instance in which you were not able to resolve a customer issue.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Learning Specialist Interview

Learning Specialist
Vienna, VA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was asked to interview in person - no screening call. The job ad was vague but I accepted the interview anyway. The interview was rather formal with prepared questions. They seemed unable to go off-script. The interview was confusing because they would ask what I knew about topic X and then say they didn't do X. My resume is all about topic X! Turns out they wanted an entry-level person and not someone with the 25+ years experience I have. I still can't figure out why I was called in in the first place.

Interview Question – Can you do ABC? (with ABC equal to tying my shoes and asked several times.)   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Mortgage Loan Officer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview Details – Hired through a recruiter, be sure to truly understand the base salary and or potential for other income once speaking to HR when moving to full time. Compensation for loan officers changes from year to year it seems. Hiring and interview process is very approachable. There are plenty of opportunities to reach out to either recruiters or even hiring managers directly.

Interview Question – There really were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really was not anything that I was able to negotiate. The position is entry level and is very straight forward.

Worked for Navy Federal Credit Union? Contribute to the Community!