Navy Federal Credit Union

Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA

Filled out an online application and then I was sent a simulation to complete. The three areas the simulation focused on was choosing the best and worst answer to the scenario questions, my speed in completing the assessment and how well I sold additional services. After I completed the assessment, I was contacted 3 months later to interview during a job fair. I was one of many applicants and I interviewed with a team leader. The questions were basic interview questions and it was low stress.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard and nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain Valley, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

I applied online, a day after I was email an old school virtual assessment and after a day later I was called in an interview with three managers. I was ask six behavioral questions about customer interactions, coworker behavioral, community. You have to be really specific from beginning to end. Have a list of questions ready and research the bank before going in. I hope they call me and if not it was great experience.

Interview Questions
    • when was a time you received great customer service   Answer Question
    • how did you handle unhappy customer? what was the outcome ?   Answer Question
    • when was a time that you lost your temper with a cumstomer   Answer Question
    • when was communication a effect way among peers   Answer Question
    • what was the situation that you went off on your coworker,
      (it was a question close to this, cant recall a lot)

Answer Question
    • when was a moment you spoke to soon?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

I applied online where you have to do an online assessment. In 1 to 2nd weeks received a phone call. Then a face to face interview

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a little angry customer, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Member Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Application Process:
    Over a month after applying I received the first call from a recruiter. Went in the following week for a scheduled test. The test consisted of both basic math and interest rate/principle calculations. In addition, there were a few customer service call simulation scenarios. The test was immediately followed by a personality trait quiz (how do you handle conflict and criticism, are you a leader or a follower, etc). Following the test, I was advised that I passed and was invited back for an interview.

Interview:
    As most interviewers would, they will likely start out the interview with "Tell me about yourself." Have your USP (Unique Selling Proposition) prepared in advance. This would consist of your name, your past relevant job experience, and what you hope to bring to the company. Don't be shy as this would be your main opportunity to set a great first impression and to really sell yourself. Be concise and don't ramble.

Additional Details:
    I didn't hear back for another ~2 months. They typically (based on my discussions with other employees) won't start to make offers until the class is scheduled and they're filling the available training openings. After my third follow-up call in two months, I found out that the interview went smoothly and that I was on the waiting list to 'class-up'.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were mostly hypothetical open-ended questions. They have a general category/trait on each page of questions and they check off which question on the page they asked with approximately 4-5 questions on each page (but they only ask you one per page). I'd estimate I was asked 6 of these questions in total. They want detailed answers (from start to finish). General examples: Tell me about a time you had a difficult/irate customer and how did you overcome the situation? Tell me about a time you had a conflict with another employee, how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    There really isn't room for negotiation. They base their offer on your resume. It was definitely lower than what I would like but I wouldn't advise one to pass up an opportunity with NFCU. They are such an amazing company and there is tremendous room for growth. You could be at your desired salary (or more) within 6 months of hire if you dedicate yourself to your work.

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Took an online assessment at the job location. Had a one on one interview with a recruiter. They did pull credit report, but will work with you credit issues if you have any. You just have to show proof prior to starting your employment that you are working on solutions to those issues.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question to me was what are my weaknesses.   Answer Question
    I really didn't try to negotiate. They made me an offer of employment and told me what the position would pay, and I accepted the offer.

Member Service Representative I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in November 2014.

I applied online and posted my resume. The following day I was sent an email asking me to take an online assessment test. You are encouraged to take the test within 48 hours. The test a virtual computer simulation of teller transactions. At the end of the test you are asked two questions and your answers are recorded in the system and will be sent to the hiring manager for review.
    I just finished taking the test and I hope I get called in for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't expect the two recorded questions at the end. Questions were about telling them about my customer service experience in handling upset customers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in October 2014.

I applied for 2 branches in my city. One called me and did a short phone interview. Haven't heard back from them. I had a in person interview today with the other branch. I was a little late due to traffic but I called and they were still willing to see me. The 2 managers I met were really nice. They said I should hear something by the end of next week.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't really ask questions. They ask you to give examples of different scenarios. I didn't really like those.   Answer Question

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Applied online. Received a follow up call for interview. Just happened they wanted it to be within a couple of days and it was a panel interview. Asked basic questions and then essay question after.

Interview Questions
    • They ask for an essay after the interview. You pick from 3 questions.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Applied online and was contacted by the end of that week requesting salary target. Upon response to that email, I was contacted for an interview the next week. At the same time I was emailed several exercises to complete. One exercise focused on my writing skills, one on editing skills , one on my toughest challenge in supervising and the other on my ability to understand the company culture by writing a message in the same voice. I was given four days, including the weekend, to work on them on my own time and return. The interview itself lasted for 45 minutes. There was only one interview and then the decision was made.

Interview Questions
    • If you Google supervisor questions, you will get the same questions that are asked. The interview was with three managers and was conducted in a professional and friendly manner. No unexpected questions. Be ready to quickly have several examples of how you handle various situations as a supervisor.   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

I took online assessment got called in for interview 2:1 interview. Ask same questions as in a normal interview stated I would here back in one to two weeks. Called me back for second interview have not heard anything since.