Navy Federal Credit Union Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 24, 2014
81 interviews

2.6

Member Service Representative Interview

Typical interview questions. Took close to an hour. Said I would hear back for a second interview within the month which is the usual timeframe for them. Very easy and laid back interview. They basically just want to know how you would deal with difficult situations.

IT Management Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in June 2014.

Very professional environment. Detailed and organized. Process a bit loose from a scheduling standpoint. Company wants to make a good impression and seems to respect its applicants. Good corporate culture. It can be a little tricky to satisfy all interviewers as they don't all have the same agenda. Senior positions have a sort of presentation to do, but I think that's just to see you speak and see if you have self confidence.

Interview Questions
    • What are you working on now (referring to improving yourself)?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager (Consultant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vienna, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in July 2014.

Interviewed with 3 managers at the same time. All interviewers were very pleasant. Interview lasted for about 45 mins and questions were your typical project management related, situational interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were typical. Nothing out of the ordinary. The hardest part was waiting for their answer (which ended up positive). It took almost 4 weeks to gt the offer.   Answer Question

Delinquency Control Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in July 2014.

It was a typical interview process. I got a call from a recruiter explaining the job & the interview process, the next week I had an interview with the department manager.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in March 2014.

I filled out an application online and received a call a couple of days later to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by two women who were really nice.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were faced with a difficult situation and how did you overcome it?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in July 2014.

I applied online and took three days to get a call for an interview. After the interview which consisted of the assistant manager and a other employee asking me questions I had to answer a essay question. After the interview they said they had more people to interview for the following week and that they would get back to me sometime after that. Well I got a call a few days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations the pay is way above any other credit union/bank around

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Accokeek, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Accokeek, MD

I interviewed online - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

The interview was pretty easy. From what I remember they asked basic questions like why do you want to work for Navy Federal and what makes you qualified for this position. They also made you fill out a questionnaire before the interview where you had to write out short answers and an online test a couple days before. They offered me the job a couple hours after my interview.

There were no negotiations

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in June 2014.

Interview is conducted by employee under whom applicant will be working directly; consists of background questions regarding personal life and history, education, etc.; following questions pertain to how applicant would behave in a potential scenario similar to what he or she would experience if they were to be hired; applicant also defends the revisions they had made to a fictional work document similar in form and structure to what he or she might see on a daily basis in the capacity of said job (document is to be filled out prior to interview)

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle the complaints of a person who is capable of handling their proposed problems on their own?   Answer Question

Member Service Represenitive Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pensacola, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in July 2014.

Applied online on 07-10. Revved an email on 07-15 to take an online assessment. Revived a call from branch manager next day for an interview. Arrived early. Filled out paperwork and answered a essey question. Interview I feel went well but I was the 6th interview that day. Interview was branch manager and assesent. I was asked only a few questions. And then asked if I had any question. The branch manager gave me her card and said email me with any questions. That was just today so we will see if I recive a job offer. I have herd they check credit and mine is not good.

Business Operations Analyst II Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in May 2012.

I completed an analytical assignment first, then had a screening interview with the manager, and a second interview with most team members (panel style). The first interview was easy for the most part, however, I had to know basic statistics definitions and some financial terms. The panel interview was not too bad, the questions were pretty basic for the most part...

Interview Questions

Worked for Navy Federal Credit Union? Contribute to the Community!