Navy Federal Credit Union Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2014
Updated Sep 1, 2014

2.6

Member Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in April 2012.

Series of Customer Service Related Questions and "What would you do" Scenarios. If they like you, you will be asked to pen a short essay answering one of 3 questions. Usually hear back within a couple days once you are interviewed if you are selected.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest flaw? Why should I hire you?   View Answer
    Offers usually come in high, but they do not make an offer unless they want you. It's a lengthy process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

I applied online it took two weeks to hear from them for an in person interview of course after I took and passed the assessment. Interview was relaxed and proffessional. They were extremely knowledgeable about the company they work. A few hours after interview I recieved a call from the recruitment saying the branch like me and was interested... but my credit had a few hic ups, so they allowed me to fix it and now im waiting for pffer call. The issues were student loans and I needed ro show that payment arranges are being made on them. The recruiter was very helpful and work with me, I know most places if this issue came up I would not recieve this chance.

Interview Questions
    • which is more importanr, members leaving satisfied or the policy?   View Answer

Member Service Representative Interview

Applied Online. Received a call 2 weeks later for an in-person interview the next day. Was interviewed by branch manager, assistant manager, and human resource manager. Very professional and nice.

Member Service Representative Interview

Typical interview questions. Took close to an hour. Said I would hear back for a second interview within the month which is the usual timeframe for them. Very easy and laid back interview. They basically just want to know how you would deal with difficult situations.

IT Management Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in June 2014.

Very professional environment. Detailed and organized. Process a bit loose from a scheduling standpoint. Company wants to make a good impression and seems to respect its applicants. Good corporate culture. It can be a little tricky to satisfy all interviewers as they don't all have the same agenda. Senior positions have a sort of presentation to do, but I think that's just to see you speak and see if you have self confidence.

Interview Questions
    • What are you working on now (referring to improving yourself)?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager (Consultant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in July 2014.

Interviewed with 3 managers at the same time. All interviewers were very pleasant. Interview lasted for about 45 mins and questions were your typical project management related, situational interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were typical. Nothing out of the ordinary. The hardest part was waiting for their answer (which ended up positive). It took almost 4 weeks to gt the offer.   Answer Question

Delinquency Control Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in July 2014.

It was a typical interview process. I got a call from a recruiter explaining the job & the interview process, the next week I had an interview with the department manager.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in March 2014.

I filled out an application online and received a call a couple of days later to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by two women who were really nice.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were faced with a difficult situation and how did you overcome it?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in July 2014.

I applied online and took three days to get a call for an interview. After the interview which consisted of the assistant manager and a other employee asking me questions I had to answer a essay question. After the interview they said they had more people to interview for the following week and that they would get back to me sometime after that. Well I got a call a few days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations the pay is way above any other credit union/bank around

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Accokeek, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Accokeek, MD

I applied online - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

The interview was pretty easy. From what I remember they asked basic questions like why do you want to work for Navy Federal and what makes you qualified for this position. They also made you fill out a questionnaire before the interview where you had to write out short answers and an online test a couple days before. They offered me the job a couple hours after my interview.

There were no negotiations

Worked for Navy Federal Credit Union? Contribute to the Community!