Navy Federal Credit Union Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.7

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Alexandria, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job online, was asked to do an assessment the next night, and was called in for an interview from two different branches, both about 2 weeks later. The first interview was conducted by the manager and the supervisor; the questions were very basic, yet the interview seemed rushed. They only asked me 5 questions, and they were writing as I spoke. It was as if they already had the candidate they wanted to hire in mind and were just giving me my interview per protocol. They said that they would let me the know the decision in about 2 weeks. It hasn't even been a week, so I haven't heard anything yet. My interview for the second branch is in a few days.

Interview Questions

• Tell us when you had a disagreement with your supervisor and how you fixed the situation.   1 Answer

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Bowie, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was in a Safeway supermarket branch. I thought the traffic would be bad, so i left about 45 min. early for a location that would be 30 minutes away without the traffic. Arrived 15 minutes early, and it turned out the branch didn't open at all until the time my interview was scheduled, so I took a walk around the supermarket. I shook hands with the Assistant Manager who was going in to open the branch at the scheduled time, and we got started with the interview a few minutes later. The interview was the Assistant Manager sitting next to me, and the manager sitting across the table from me. The Assistant Manager did not ask any of the questions. STAR format questions, so showcase what you've got when the question pertains to it. At some points, the interview seemed a bit stringent and routine, but the questions were asked, and I provided answers. After the Q&A, they briefed me about the benefits, After the interview, I filled out a form with basic information, they briefed me on the benefits, specific job requirements, and standard training procedure for the job. Also said that the MSR position usually starts at about $17.00 an hour, could be more depending on your resume if you're chosen for the job. They gave me an envelope of information about the company the form I filled out while I was at the interview, then they sent me on my way.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you feel working in a more casual, uniform atmosphere? (I arrived in a suit for the interview since I'm currently working in the jewelry industry)   Answer Question
    • Q: What are your three most valuable traits?   Answer Question
    • Q: What kind of cash handling experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • Q: Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Q: Can you tell us about a time you made a mistake in the workplace?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Vienna, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Was called in the afternoon for a interview the next day. Interview was fairly straight forward with typical technical questions. Preparation with other questions from glassdoor were extremely useful.

Financial Services Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview

Received a call and spoke with recruiter. After interviewing with the recruiter the hiring manager contacted me for an interview. I then met with two of the financial advisors that I would be working with. They were friendly and we reviewed my resume. I received a call a few days later offering me the position. I took the job and was informed that I would start in two weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered a number and I countered and they accepted the counter.

Desktop Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview

Standard questions about job related skills and personal work related situations. Closed door sit down with two hiring managers. They were very friendly, professional and answered any questions that I had for them about the job and company.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a situation where a dispute arose and what did you learn from the experience?   1 Answer

Member Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockbridge, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Stockbridge, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online in April believe and got a call for the interview in June, a week after getting a rejection letter (I think it is funny). It is about a 30 minute drive give or take a few minutes so I arrived early and checked in at the front desk. A very nice woman escorted me to an office with the manager and assistant manager of the branch. Both woman asked me various questions that were fairly straight forward and business like. It was a quite a relaxed interview and it was actually kind of fun at that. After they were done with the questions and I could not think of any they had me fill out permissions for the recruiters to do background and credit checks on me. The next day I got a call but was unable to answer and since the time was right at closing I did not call back as I was sure they would call me the next day. They did in fact call the next day and I accepted the offer.

Msr Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview

Applied online and a few days later I was asked to do an online assessment. A few days later they called me in for an interview. The questions were about different customer service senarios. Still waiting to hear back from them.

Delinquency Control Counselor I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

I applied for quite a few positions before I was called for an interview. It was about a 20 minute interview consisting of 6 "Describe a situation where you had to....." questions. The direct supervisor and assistant supervisor took turns asking the questions. The position was filled by someone currently working part time, so they offered me the part time position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with a customer that you couldn't make happy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate. Plenty of people after the job.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview

It was very quick. About ~30 mins. The manager asked 5 questions from a stapled packet of papers. Very easy questions about personal experiences with angry customers and over coming problems.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with an arrogant or angry customer and what did you do?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview

I applied online and then received an email to take an online simulation assessment. After passing the assessment, about a week later I got a call to setup up an interview for the following week. The interview was a 2:1 interview consisting of a series of questions explaining different situations. I then asked questions about the job and was given a questionnaire to fill out for a background and credit report, and was told to drop off at the front desk on my way out, and that if I was selected I would hear back by phone otherwise I would get an email from the HR department. I just interviewed yesterday so I'm hoping to get a call soon!