Navy Federal Credit Union Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.7

Member Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later was sent an online simulation to complete. After that I received a call to come in and fill out paperwork, complete an essay and interview with the asst. manager and supervisor. I was called back again for a second interview with the general manager. After that I received a call with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you got into a disagreement with your supervisor/manager and how did you settle it?   Answer Question

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

The call for the interview came within a week of putting in the application. I was called in for two different individual interviews before an offer/denial was received. The decision process is very drawn out. It was almost two months before i heard back from HR. The initial interview is just about getting to know you, if selected for additional interview, you will be notified within days. This second part is almost the same as the first.

Interview Questions

• One thing they asked was how you would deal or how you have dealt with difficult customers in the past.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview

Lets start from the email I received from human resources. After being notified of passing my one hour assessment, I receive an email from HR saying that I passed and was called to schedule an interview. Fast forward to the interview. I am in the waiting room alone, to hear my named called out loud. That right there was red flags that the interviewers were not very professional. This is an interview, not a doctors office. They introduce themselves (not the person I was scheduled to interview with) we get to the interviewing room, everything is fine. The two cut eyes at each other while asking questions, kind of like they have something up their sleeves. They seemed like two bullies and when it was clear I was not intimidated, they simmered down a bit. They both seemed like they have never done interviews before. The gentleman had a heavy Spanish accent, spoke very low, and very fast ! The girl appeared to have a sarcastic look to her. She was nice, but the look on her face and the way she asked questions, anyone would think otherwise. At the end of the interview I had the opportunity to ask questions. I had a question that she struggled to answer and contradicted herself. We shook hands and both of the people interviewing failed to provide additional information regarding follow up. Whether or not I will qualify for this position. To me, they seemed as if they either were new to interviewing, had another candidate they already had in mind to pick or they were just unprepared. I am completely disappointed with the interview process and the unprofessional individuals I met with. For two employees working for Navy Federal and conducting interviews, they need to re-evaluate their personalities. If I can do it all again, I would choose a more professional person and older.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What is one situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer and find a solution by yourself and with no assistance. What was the result?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview

I applied online and received an e-mail to complete an online assessment that included a teller simulation and two questions for which my answers were recorded. I received a phone call a few days later to set up an in-person interview, which was with the Branch Manager. I received a call for a second interview a few days after that.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to change your approach with a customer?   Answer Question

Interview

I applied for the position online, and received an email request to complete an online assessment the next day. I was told I passed the assessment and the results would be passed on to the hiring team for review. I have not heard back from anyone or called in for an interview yet.

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and after a couple of days received a call for a face to face interview. Ask basic questions nothing difficult. Went over my resume and they asked why they should hire me. I was offered a full time position contingent upon my background check. Still waiting to hear back. It's been a week already.

Interview Questions

• What does a Member Service Representative mean to you?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Lakewood, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

I received an email from their recruiter so I went to the website and applied. A few days later I got an email with an online assessment and simulation. I passed that and about a week later received a call from the branch manager for an interview. I read all the reviews here and thought I was prepared because everybody had such good things to say about their experiences. I believe the company is great! I like what it stands for, how they treat their employees and pay is awesome! But my local branch turned out to be a completely different story. I worked in the banking industry for over four years and just took a small break so I know what to expect from a good branch. The building is nice and modern inside and pleasant. The people, on the other hand, are not! They were all so uptight in there! It looked like they came to work as a punishment. I didn't like the atmosphere in there even before the interview started.I've never had such a stressful interview with the branch manager and assistant just staring at their papers and writing something the whole time instead of even trying to make eye contact. I tried starting a pleasant conversation about his call the previous day but that was abruptly ended and the questions began. It really seamed like they were purposely trying to make the interview as unfriendly and weird as possible! When I got a chance to ask questions I asked what the hardest part of the job is and the manager said that its pretty much that him and his assistant have extremely high expectations. That's not the atmosphere I was looking for at all and I will not accept an offer if I get it(the interview was today). Oh yeah, there is a few more papers to fill out with the essay questions( you pick one from three). They put me in an empty office to fill that out and told me to drop it off at the front desk.
    P.S. There were about 8-10 questions which were all asking for examples of situations.

Interview Questions

• 1.Tell me a situation when you were pushed to the limit. How did you deal with that and what was the outcome?
      2.Tell me a situation when what you would normally do did not work and you had to do something else. what was it and how did it turn out?
      3.Tell me an example of when you had to call to follow up to make sure you were understood correctly.
      4.Give me an example of dealing with a difficult client.
      5. What do you know about our company? Tell us about yourself.

Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview

Interview was very comprehensive and the people who interview are very qualified and smart. Excellent interviewing skills, and multiple interviews occurred before I was hired. They are very thorough so anyone who interviews there better be prepared and know your stuff!!

Interview Questions

• -What was the hardest project you managed?
      -Describe a challenge you had to overcome and walk us through the process on how you overcame it.
      -what are the technologies and systems you have implemented?

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Member Service Representative III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview

Email for initial contact, phone call for interview scheduling, general questions for interview. Have worked at several locations, each location makes their own questions. Each locations hires with different criteria and/or personality.

Interview Questions

• All questions were normal questions you would get in a member service industry, but as I mentioned each location makes their own questions.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in January 2015.

Interview

I had two go in two times for interviews. First I met with the manager and one assistant then again with the manager and other assistant. But this was a month and week apart from each other.

Interview Questions

I didn't get a real good customer orientated vibe nor did I feel very welcome or comfortable. I believe still in customer service and what's best for the customer and not just another customer I have to help and "sell" something to.