Navy Federal Credit Union

52 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Member Service Representative Interview

Tysons Corner, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied for the MSR position at two different branches. Interviewed for both of them. Never received a call or email afterwards. They sald I would receive a call or email after the interview but never did.

Interview Question – All questions were typical bank teller questions.   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Arlington, VA

Interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union

Interview Details – Submit app online, call back from recruiter with phone interview, then call in for in person interview. I found them to be very rude and dismissive. So much so, that I began to rethink my application. I was grateful to not receive a call back as I would have declined.

Interview Question – "Why would you want this job when it is lower than what you do now?"   Answer Question

Msr Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview Details – Submit online app. Take assessment. After passing assessment if qualified you will be called for an interview. During interview you will have to write an essay. After interview A few days later if passed you will get a job offer. And you will have to pass pre employment screening (background check)

Interview Question – No difficult questions.. the essay was a surprise   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. But the pay is nice!

Member Service Representative I Call Center Operations Interview

Pensacola, FL

I applied online and interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview Details – Was called for an assessment almost immediately after applying online, the assessment consisted of going to the NFCU campus and completing simulator-style computer program that simulated different types of clients calling for banking needs, some basic mathematical questions and a personality survey. After passing the assessment I went straight into an interview which was a one on one conversation-style interview with a CCO supervisor. Questions were very basic (though the job isn't a very specialized one) and it was a very relaxing experience, spent more time chatting with the supervisor than we did doing the three interview questions.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative I Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview Details – I applied and sent in resume in late Dec 13, didn't hear back for wks then got a email to take assessment. then a month later I heard id passed and the set up a interview. I feel I did good but its only been 3days.

Interview Question – Nothing, basic questions...asked how did you diffuse a situation without speaking??   View Answer

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Systems Analyst
Vienna, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in February 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process is kicked off by applying to one of the open positions on their web-site. A recruiter will contact you to setup the technical interview.
There are 2 separate interviews, on for soft skills an the other for tehnical skills. Expect to be grilled on the subject corresponding to the position you applied for.

Interview Question – It helps to have prior finiancial background. Make sure that you actually know the technical skills mentioned on your resume. The most difficult question will be based on what you claim to have worked on.   Answer Question

Business Services Department Interview

Vienna, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview Details – Great process in the beginning, once I received a call from the recruiter to schedule an interview at the Vienna headquarters with the VP of Business Services.

Interview Question – They want you to have a strong commercial lending background. Once onboard it was a different story. VERY conservative on the commercial side of the house, but awesome on the consumer side of the house (Very Pro Military and good on lending to consumers). They had a lot of restrictions when it came to obtaining a line of credit, did not offer for the first 7 years of the Business Services program. This is what small business need to handle short-term cash-flow needs. Hopefully they will loosing-up taking collateral on everything you own just for $50K loan and in some cases $20K+/- request. Great place to work, benefits are awesome, and if Business Services will loosen some of the conservative restrictions, thy could be more competitive against the commercial banks. I would recommend working for NFCU Business Services, but understand if you come from a liberal commercial lending background, do not expect to get lending terms and conditions that are favorable for the borrower(s). Underwriting wants to collateralize everything, most borrowers just give up and go else where with less restrictions. I know I lost a lot of businesses to local community banks and some credit unions.   Answer Question

Member Services Representative Interview

Member Services Representative
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, then completed an online assessment, a mix between math problems and scenarios. I was invited for an interview within a week. Most interview questions are not surprising. They used a 2 page list of questions, probably 10-15 questions total. Two people tag-teamed the interview questions. It took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Oceanside, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was not told anything about the way they do business there, the extremely high volume or the amount of overtime we were required to work or how the department was set up.How the loans came in and the we did purchase only in 2 states all by phone. She said if she told applicants they would not want to come and work there.

Member Service Representative Interview

Member Service Representative

I applied online - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an email from a recruiter to do a online assessment.. 3 days later recieved a call from the manager to schedule an interview. The interview was tag team like with questions and answers. Then after I was given papers to complete an essay and fill out background check information.

Interview Question – They were normal interview questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Navy Federal Credit Union

Worked for Navy Federal Credit Union? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Navy Federal Credit Union interview questions and advice. All 52 interview reviews posted anonymously by Navy Federal Credit Union employees and interview candidates.