Navy Federal Credit Union

Relevance Date Difficulty

Member Service Representative II Interview

Member Service Representative II
Lemoore Naval Air Station, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview Details – I received an email asking me to complete an assessment online. It was a screening method with customer service, attention to detail, and monetary questions. I received a phone call a few days later asking me to come in for an interview. The interview was about an hour long. I did not complete an essay question.

Interview Question – What is your biggest regret during your work career?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Vienna, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in April 2014.

Interview Details – Navy Federal was one of the best places when it came down to interviewing and hiring. The recruiter always contacted me on time and I was always able to contact her by email or by telephone whenever I had a question. The interview process was good as well, they asked relevant questions to your job title and also were very nice.

Interview Question – I wouldn't say there was any questions that were very difficult or unexpected. If you did your research on the position and were honest with every answer then the interview process was very smooth. I would suggest to do some research on the position before you go in for the interview and be very confident in everything you talk about. They really like leadership and confidence, so if you can show them that then you should be good!   Answer Question

Winchester, VA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online- was emailed a online test a day later. About 3 days after initial application, I was called for an interview. I interview the next day after the phone call. ** just interviewed on July 1st. still waiting on the outcome**

Interview Question – Tell about a time you produced or implemented a new procedure or way of doing things? What was it and how it did turn out?   Answer Question

Member Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview Details – Submit your resume online and they sent me an on-line test. Got called in for an interview. Called me with a job offer within two days. The interview was not bad. Since it is the best credit union I knew I had to bring my A game.

Interview Question – There was not a difficult interview question. They ask standard questions.   Answer Question

Msr Interview

Msr

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in June 2014.

Interview Details – Branch manager was friendly and helpful. Was interviewed by both the branch manager and the assistant branch manager. Interview was formal, but fun. Interaction was not so uptight, which was nice. Mid-interview our conversation changed as they inquired about me taking a different position. It was unexpected, but nice.

Interview Question – Describe an instance in which you were not able to resolve a customer issue.   Answer Question

Learning Specialist Interview

Learning Specialist
Vienna, VA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was asked to interview in person - no screening call. The job ad was vague but I accepted the interview anyway. The interview was rather formal with prepared questions. They seemed unable to go off-script. The interview was confusing because they would ask what I knew about topic X and then say they didn't do X. My resume is all about topic X! Turns out they wanted an entry-level person and not someone with the 25+ years experience I have. I still can't figure out why I was called in in the first place.

Interview Question – Can you do ABC? (with ABC equal to tying my shoes and asked several times.)   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Mortgage Loan Officer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview Details – Hired through a recruiter, be sure to truly understand the base salary and or potential for other income once speaking to HR when moving to full time. Compensation for loan officers changes from year to year it seems. Hiring and interview process is very approachable. There are plenty of opportunities to reach out to either recruiters or even hiring managers directly.

Interview Question – There really were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really was not anything that I was able to negotiate. The position is entry level and is very straight forward.

Analyst II Interview

Analyst II
Vienna, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview Details – HR contacted me. Had phone conversation with HR before meeting hiring manager in person. Was hired immediately. Entire process took about 2 weeks from very first contact. Actual interviews done in about a week.

Interview Question – I wasn't asked any really difficult questions. I was given a lot of time to ask my own questions, so research the company, position, and have a good idea of good questions to ask before you come in. But then again, I was well overqualified for the job and the hiring manager even mentioned he was afraid of that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not given a truthful picture of the group and qualifications. Lowball offer with promises not delivered on raises and promotions.

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Business Operations Analyst
Vienna, VA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call scheduling a phone interview a few weeks later. The phone interview consisted of typical interview questions (why are you looking to make a change, how does your experience apply, etc.) as well as more detailed inquires into my experience analyzing data. This lasted about 30 minutes, at which point I was able to ask any questions I had about the company or the position. About 2 weeks after the phone interview, received an email scheduling an in person interview. The in person interview was only about an hour in length, and consisted of a lot of similar questions to the phone interview which were behavioral type questions (biggest weakness, a time you could have communicated better, etc). In addition, there was a "soft case" that I had to answer questions on. This is where you are presented with a business problem, and you go into detail about what factors to consider in this scenario. No calculations were needed. Again, I was given the opportunity to ask questions about the company and the job.

Interview Question – Probably the soft case question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I attempted to negotiate, but it didn't seem like they were willing to come up too much

Member Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in May 2014.

Interview Details – Initially, I applied online with my resume. I was sent a test via email, and after completing it (and passing), was contacted by my local branch. The test had situations you might encounter in the banking world and moral questions and some math. It wasn't that bad, but then again, I do have a college degree and work experience, so maybe I was at an advantage.
We scheduled my in-person interview. I was semi-complimented on what I was wearing (business formal ware) as that is what the required dress code is. The interview was a little difficult, to me, just because I'm a newer grad and I have been out of the workforce for a short while. I got nervous. The interview was myself and two of the members of leadership with some basic interview questions. After, I wrote a short essay (the other reviews are over-dramatic when talking about that... it's one paragraph on one of three things.) I did mine on my short and long term goals. No big deal at all. My interview was earlier and so I'm not sure if I got the job or not, although I think I did well, even though I was nervous. It also helped, I think, that I had a lot of knowledge about Navy Federal/am military affiliated and could relate well.

Interview Question – "When was a time you spoke too little too late?" Just because I hate talking about my faults :P Especially when I'm trying to make myself look good!   Answer Question