Navy Federal Credit Union Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.7

Msr Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview

Applied online and a few days later I was asked to do an online assessment. A few days later they called me in for an interview. The questions were about different customer service senarios. Still waiting to hear back from them.

Delinquency Control Counselor I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

I applied for quite a few positions before I was called for an interview. It was about a 20 minute interview consisting of 6 "Describe a situation where you had to....." questions. The direct supervisor and assistant supervisor took turns asking the questions. The position was filled by someone currently working part time, so they offered me the part time position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with a customer that you couldn't make happy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate. Plenty of people after the job.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview

It was very quick. About ~30 mins. The manager asked 5 questions from a stapled packet of papers. Very easy questions about personal experiences with angry customers and over coming problems.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with an arrogant or angry customer and what did you do?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview

I applied online and then received an email to take an online simulation assessment. After passing the assessment, about a week later I got a call to setup up an interview for the following week. The interview was a 2:1 interview consisting of a series of questions explaining different situations. I then asked questions about the job and was given a questionnaire to fill out for a background and credit report, and was told to drop off at the front desk on my way out, and that if I was selected I would hear back by phone otherwise I would get an email from the HR department. I just interviewed yesterday so I'm hoping to get a call soon!

Member Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later was sent an online simulation to complete. After that I received a call to come in and fill out paperwork, complete an essay and interview with the asst. manager and supervisor. I was called back again for a second interview with the general manager. After that I received a call with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you got into a disagreement with your supervisor/manager and how did you settle it?   Answer Question

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

The call for the interview came within a week of putting in the application. I was called in for two different individual interviews before an offer/denial was received. The decision process is very drawn out. It was almost two months before i heard back from HR. The initial interview is just about getting to know you, if selected for additional interview, you will be notified within days. This second part is almost the same as the first.

Interview Questions

• One thing they asked was how you would deal or how you have dealt with difficult customers in the past.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview

Lets start from the email I received from human resources. After being notified of passing my one hour assessment, I receive an email from HR saying that I passed and was called to schedule an interview. Fast forward to the interview. I am in the waiting room alone, to hear my named called out loud. That right there was red flags that the interviewers were not very professional. This is an interview, not a doctors office. They introduce themselves (not the person I was scheduled to interview with) we get to the interviewing room, everything is fine. The two cut eyes at each other while asking questions, kind of like they have something up their sleeves. They seemed like two bullies and when it was clear I was not intimidated, they simmered down a bit. They both seemed like they have never done interviews before. The gentleman had a heavy Spanish accent, spoke very low, and very fast ! The girl appeared to have a sarcastic look to her. She was nice, but the look on her face and the way she asked questions, anyone would think otherwise. At the end of the interview I had the opportunity to ask questions. I had a question that she struggled to answer and contradicted herself. We shook hands and both of the people interviewing failed to provide additional information regarding follow up. Whether or not I will qualify for this position. To me, they seemed as if they either were new to interviewing, had another candidate they already had in mind to pick or they were just unprepared. I am completely disappointed with the interview process and the unprofessional individuals I met with. For two employees working for Navy Federal and conducting interviews, they need to re-evaluate their personalities. If I can do it all again, I would choose a more professional person and older.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What is one situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer and find a solution by yourself and with no assistance. What was the result?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Fairfax, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

i applied online and called the store. Eventually they called me back at my home number which I left on my application. I went in to interview and they were busy but i did not have to wait for the interview. The whole thing took about one hour to complete.

Interview Questions

• why do i want to work there   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Arlington, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Contacted by HR initially and screened in for an interview with the Manager. Conducted by phone. They were keen to talk. They asked me for my salary expectations. Very friendly screening interview with a lot of information shared about their culture and work environment/facilities.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview

I applied online and received an e-mail to complete an online assessment that included a teller simulation and two questions for which my answers were recorded. I received a phone call a few days later to set up an in-person interview, which was with the Branch Manager. I received a call for a second interview a few days after that.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to change your approach with a customer?   Answer Question