Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Navy Federal Credit Union
- Member Service Representative (47)
- Member Services Representative (5)
- Member Service Representative II (4)
- Member Service Representative I (3)
- Delinquency Control Counselor (3)
- Customer Service Representative (3)
- Business Operations Analyst (3)
- Mortgage Loan Processor (3)
- Msr (3)
- Mortgage Loan Officer (2)
- Account Specialist (2)
- Account Specialist I (2)
- Delinquency Control Counselor I (2)
- Business Services Department (1)
- Member Service Representative I Call Center Operations (1)
- Senior Project Manager (Consultant) (1)
- IT Management Position (1)
- Credit Research Tech (1)
- Member Service Representative I-Contact Center (1)
- Inside Sales Department Technician Help Desk Support (1)
- Accounting Technician III (1)
- Member Service Representative III (1)
- Business Operations Analyst III (1)
- Member Representative (1)
- Requirements Analyst Senior (1)
- Business Operations Analyst II (1)
- Assistant Manager (1)
- Learning Specialist (1)
- Financial Operations Analyst (1)
- Sales (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.
I applied online and a few days later was sent an online simulation to complete. After that I received a call to come in and fill out paperwork, complete an essay and interview with the asst. manager and supervisor. I was called back again for a second interview with the general manager. After that I received a call with a job offer.
- Name a time when you got into a disagreement with your supervisor/manager and how did you settle it? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Norfolk, VA).
The call for the interview came within a week of putting in the application. I was called in for two different individual interviews before an offer/denial was received. The decision process is very drawn out. It was almost two months before i heard back from HR. The initial interview is just about getting to know you, if selected for additional interview, you will be notified within days. This second part is almost the same as the first.
- One thing they asked was how you would deal or how you have dealt with difficult customers in the past. 1 Answer
Helpful (2)No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.
Lets start from the email I received from human resources. After being notified of passing my one hour assessment, I receive an email from HR saying that I passed and was called to schedule an interview. Fast forward to the interview. I am in the waiting room alone, to hear my named called out loud. That right there was red flags that the interviewers were not very professional. This is an interview, not a doctors office. They introduce themselves (not the person I was scheduled to interview with) we get to the interviewing room, everything is fine. The two cut eyes at each other while asking questions, kind of like they have something up their sleeves. They seemed like two bullies and when it was clear I was not intimidated, they simmered down a bit. They both seemed like they have never done interviews before. The gentleman had a heavy Spanish accent, spoke very low, and very fast ! The girl appeared to have a sarcastic look to her. She was nice, but the look on her face and the way she asked questions, anyone would think otherwise. At the end of the interview I had the opportunity to ask questions. I had a question that she struggled to answer and contradicted herself. We shook hands and both of the people interviewing failed to provide additional information regarding follow up. Whether or not I will qualify for this position. To me, they seemed as if they either were new to interviewing, had another candidate they already had in mind to pick or they were just unprepared. I am completely disappointed with the interview process and the unprofessional individuals I met with. For two employees working for Navy Federal and conducting interviews, they need to re-evaluate their personalities. If I can do it all again, I would choose a more professional person and older.
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Arlington, VA) in March 2015.
Contacted by HR initially and screened in for an interview with the Manager. Conducted by phone. They were keen to talk. They asked me for my salary expectations. Very friendly screening interview with a lot of information shared about their culture and work environment/facilities.
- Why do you want to work here? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Fairfax, VA) in March 2015.
i applied online and called the store. Eventually they called me back at my home number which I left on my application. I went in to interview and they were busy but i did not have to wait for the interview. The whole thing took about one hour to complete.
- why do i want to work there 1 Answer
Helpful (8)No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.
I applied online and received an e-mail to complete an online assessment that included a teller simulation and two questions for which my answers were recorded. I received a phone call a few days later to set up an in-person interview, which was with the Branch Manager. I received a call for a second interview a few days after that.
- When was a time you had to change your approach with a customer? Answer Question
- No Offer
I applied for the position online, and received an email request to complete an online assessment the next day. I was told I passed the assessment and the results would be passed on to the hiring team for review. I have not heard back from anyone or called in for an interview yet.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (New York, NY) in February 2015.
Applied online and after a couple of days received a call for a face to face interview. Ask basic questions nothing difficult. Went over my resume and they asked why they should hire me. I was offered a full time position contingent upon my background check. Still waiting to hear back. It's been a week already.
- What does a Member Service Representative mean to you? 1 Answer
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Lakewood, WA) in February 2015.
I received an email from their recruiter so I went to the website and applied. A few days later I got an email with an online assessment and simulation. I passed that and about a week later received a call from the branch manager for an interview. I read all the reviews here and thought I was prepared because everybody had such good things to say about their experiences. I believe the company is great! I like what it stands for, how they treat their employees and pay is awesome! But my local branch turned out to be a completely different story. I worked in the banking industry for over four years and just took a small break so I know what to expect from a good branch. The building is nice and modern inside and pleasant. The people, on the other hand, are not! They were all so uptight in there! It looked like they came to work as a punishment. I didn't like the atmosphere in there even before the interview started.I've never had such a stressful interview with the branch manager and assistant just staring at their papers and writing something the whole time instead of even trying to make eye contact. I tried starting a pleasant conversation about his call the previous day but that was abruptly ended and the questions began. It really seamed like they were purposely trying to make the interview as unfriendly and weird as possible! When I got a chance to ask questions I asked what the hardest part of the job is and the manager said that its pretty much that him and his assistant have extremely high expectations. That's not the atmosphere I was looking for at all and I will not accept an offer if I get it(the interview was today). Oh yeah, there is a few more papers to fill out with the essay questions( you pick one from three). They put me in an empty office to fill that out and told me to drop it off at the front desk. P.S. There were about 8-10 questions which were all asking for examples of situations.
- 1.Tell me a situation when you were pushed to the limit. How did you deal with that and what was the outcome? 2.Tell me a situation when what you would normally do did not work and you had to do something else. what was it and how did it turn out? 3.Tell me an example of when you had to call to follow up to make sure you were understood correctly. 4.Give me an example of dealing with a difficult client. 5. What do you know about our company? Tell us about yourself. Answer Question
Helpful (4)Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.
Interview was very comprehensive and the people who interview are very qualified and smart. Excellent interviewing skills, and multiple interviews occurred before I was hired. They are very thorough so anyone who interviews there better be prepared and know your stuff!!
- -What was the hardest project you managed? -Describe a challenge you had to overcome and walk us through the process on how you overcame it. -what are the technologies and systems you have implemented? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review