Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Navy Federal Credit Union
- Member Service Representative (47)
- Member Services Representative (5)
- Member Service Representative II (4)
- Member Service Representative I (3)
- Delinquency Control Counselor (3)
- Customer Service Representative (3)
- Business Operations Analyst (3)
- Mortgage Loan Processor (3)
- Msr (3)
- Mortgage Loan Officer (2)
- Account Specialist (2)
- Account Specialist I (2)
- Delinquency Control Counselor I (2)
- Business Services Department (1)
- Member Service Representative I Call Center Operations (1)
- Senior Project Manager (Consultant) (1)
- IT Management Position (1)
- Credit Research Tech (1)
- Member Service Representative I-Contact Center (1)
- Inside Sales Department Technician Help Desk Support (1)
- Accounting Technician III (1)
- Member Service Representative III (1)
- Business Operations Analyst III (1)
- Member Representative (1)
- Requirements Analyst Senior (1)
- Business Operations Analyst II (1)
- Assistant Manager (1)
- Learning Specialist (1)
- Financial Operations Analyst (1)
- Sales (1)
Member Service Representative Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Alexandria, VA) in July 2015.
I applied for the job online, was asked to do an assessment the next night, and was called in for an interview from two different branches, both about 2 weeks later. The first interview was conducted by the manager and the supervisor; the questions were very basic, yet the interview seemed rushed. They only asked me 5 questions, and they were writing as I spoke. It was as if they already had the candidate they wanted to hire in mind and were just giving me my interview per protocol. They said that they would let me the know the decision in about 2 weeks. It hasn't even been a week, so I haven't heard anything yet. My interview for the second branch is in a few days.
- Tell us when you had a disagreement with your supervisor and how you fixed the situation. 1 Answer
Other Interview Reviews for Navy Federal Credit Union
Member Service Representative InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Bowie, MD) in July 2015.
The interview was in a Safeway supermarket branch. I thought the traffic would be bad, so i left about 45 min. early for a location that would be 30 minutes away without the traffic. Arrived 15 minutes early, and it turned out the branch didn't open at all until the time my interview was scheduled, so I took a walk around the supermarket. I shook hands with the Assistant Manager who was going in to open the branch at the scheduled time, and we got started with the interview a few minutes later. The interview was the Assistant Manager sitting next to me, and the manager sitting across the table from me. The Assistant Manager did not ask any of the questions. STAR format questions, so showcase what you've got when the question pertains to it. At some points, the interview seemed a bit stringent and routine, but the questions were asked, and I provided answers. After the Q&A, they briefed me about the benefits, After the interview, I filled out a form with basic information, they briefed me on the benefits, specific job requirements, and standard training procedure for the job. Also said that the MSR position usually starts at about $17.00 an hour, could be more depending on your resume if you're chosen for the job. They gave me an envelope of information about the company the form I filled out while I was at the interview, then they sent me on my way.
- Q: How would you feel working in a more casual, uniform atmosphere? (I arrived in a suit for the interview since I'm currently working in the jewelry industry) Answer Question
- Q: What are your three most valuable traits? Answer Question
- Q: What kind of cash handling experience do you have? Answer Question
- Q: Can you tell us a little bit about yourself? Answer Question
- Q: Can you tell us about a time you made a mistake in the workplace? Answer Question
Member Service Representative InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.
It was very quick. About ~30 mins. The manager asked 5 questions from a stapled packet of papers. Very easy questions about personal experiences with angry customers and over coming problems.
- Describe a time you had to deal with an arrogant or angry customer and what did you do? 1 Answer
Member Service Representative InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.
I applied online and then received an email to take an online simulation assessment. After passing the assessment, about a week later I got a call to setup up an interview for the following week. The interview was a 2:1 interview consisting of a series of questions explaining different situations. I then asked questions about the job and was given a questionnaire to fill out for a background and credit report, and was told to drop off at the front desk on my way out, and that if I was selected I would hear back by phone otherwise I would get an email from the HR department. I just interviewed yesterday so I'm hoping to get a call soon!
- Irate customer, what was the outcome? Answer Question
Member Services Representative InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.
I applied online and a few days later was sent an online simulation to complete. After that I received a call to come in and fill out paperwork, complete an essay and interview with the asst. manager and supervisor. I was called back again for a second interview with the general manager. After that I received a call with a job offer.
- Name a time when you got into a disagreement with your supervisor/manager and how did you settle it? Answer Question
Member Service Representative InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Norfolk, VA).
The call for the interview came within a week of putting in the application. I was called in for two different individual interviews before an offer/denial was received. The decision process is very drawn out. It was almost two months before i heard back from HR. The initial interview is just about getting to know you, if selected for additional interview, you will be notified within days. This second part is almost the same as the first.
- One thing they asked was how you would deal or how you have dealt with difficult customers in the past. 1 Answer
Member Service Representative InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.
I applied online and received an e-mail to complete an online assessment that included a teller simulation and two questions for which my answers were recorded. I received a phone call a few days later to set up an in-person interview, which was with the Branch Manager. I received a call for a second interview a few days after that.
- When was a time you had to change your approach with a customer? Answer Question
Member Service Representative InterviewNo Offer
I applied for the position online, and received an email request to complete an online assessment the next day. I was told I passed the assessment and the results would be passed on to the hiring team for review. I have not heard back from anyone or called in for an interview yet.
Member Service Representative InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (New York, NY) in February 2015.
Applied online and after a couple of days received a call for a face to face interview. Ask basic questions nothing difficult. Went over my resume and they asked why they should hire me. I was offered a full time position contingent upon my background check. Still waiting to hear back. It's been a week already.
- What does a Member Service Representative mean to you? 1 Answer
Member Service Representative InterviewAccepted Offer
Filled out an online application and then I was sent a simulation to complete. The three areas the simulation focused on was choosing the best and worst answer to the scenario questions, my speed in completing the assessment and how well I sold additional services. After I completed the assessment, I was contacted 3 months later to interview during a job fair. I was one of many applicants and I interviewed with a team leader. The questions were basic interview questions and it was low stress.
- The questions were pretty standard and nothing out of the ordinary. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review