Navy Federal Credit Union Member Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2015
Updated Feb 10, 2015

2.8

Member Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

I applied online and received an e-mail to complete an online assessment that included a teller simulation and two questions for which my answers were recorded. I received a phone call a few days later to set up an in-person interview, which was with the Branch Manager. I received a call for a second interview a few days after that.

Interview Questions
  • When was a time you had to change your approach with a customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Navy Federal Credit Union

Member Service Representative Interview

I applied for the position online, and received an email request to complete an online assessment the next day. I was told I passed the assessment and the results would be passed on to the hiring team for review. I have not heard back from anyone or called in for an interview yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in February 2015.

Applied online and after a couple of days received a call for a face to face interview. Ask basic questions nothing difficult. Went over my resume and they asked why they should hire me. I was offered a full time position contingent upon my background check. Still waiting to hear back. It's been a week already.

Interview Questions
    • What does a Member Service Representative mean to you?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA

Filled out an online application and then I was sent a simulation to complete. The three areas the simulation focused on was choosing the best and worst answer to the scenario questions, my speed in completing the assessment and how well I sold additional services. After I completed the assessment, I was contacted 3 months later to interview during a job fair. I was one of many applicants and I interviewed with a team leader. The questions were basic interview questions and it was low stress.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard and nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

I applied online, a day after I was email an old school virtual assessment and after a day later I was called in an interview with three managers. I was ask six behavioral questions about customer interactions, coworker behavioral, community. You have to be really specific from beginning to end. Have a list of questions ready and research the bank before going in. I hope they call me and if not it was great experience.

Interview Questions
    • when was a time you received great customer service   Answer Question
    • how did you handle unhappy customer? what was the outcome ?   Answer Question
    • when was a time that you lost your temper with a cumstomer   Answer Question
    • when was communication a effect way among peers   Answer Question
    • what was the situation that you went off on your coworker,
      (it was a question close to this, cant recall a lot)

Answer Question
    • when was a moment you spoke to soon?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

I applied online where you have to do an online assessment. In 1 to 2nd weeks received a phone call. Then a face to face interview

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a little angry customer, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in October 2014.

I applied for 2 branches in my city. One called me and did a short phone interview. Haven't heard back from them. I had a in person interview today with the other branch. I was a little late due to traffic but I called and they were still willing to see me. The 2 managers I met were really nice. They said I should hear something by the end of next week.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't really ask questions. They ask you to give examples of different scenarios. I didn't really like those.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

I took online assessment got called in for interview 2:1 interview. Ask same questions as in a normal interview stated I would here back in one to two weeks. Called me back for second interview have not heard anything since.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

I applied online it took two weeks to hear from them for an in person interview of course after I took and passed the assessment. Interview was relaxed and proffessional. They were extremely knowledgeable about the company they work. A few hours after interview I recieved a call from the recruitment saying the branch like me and was interested... but my credit had a few hic ups, so they allowed me to fix it and now im waiting for pffer call. The issues were student loans and I needed ro show that payment arranges are being made on them. The recruiter was very helpful and work with me, I know most places if this issue came up I would not recieve this chance.

Interview Questions
    • which is more importanr, members leaving satisfied or the policy?   View Answers (2)

Member Service Representative Interview

Applied Online. Received a call 2 weeks later for an in-person interview the next day. Was interviewed by branch manager, assistant manager, and human resource manager. Very professional and nice.