Navy Federal Credit Union Member Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.7

Member Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later was sent an online simulation to complete. After that I received a call to come in and fill out paperwork, complete an essay and interview with the asst. manager and supervisor. I was called back again for a second interview with the general manager. After that I received a call with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you got into a disagreement with your supervisor/manager and how did you settle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Navy Federal Credit Union

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

The call for the interview came within a week of putting in the application. I was called in for two different individual interviews before an offer/denial was received. The decision process is very drawn out. It was almost two months before i heard back from HR. The initial interview is just about getting to know you, if selected for additional interview, you will be notified within days. This second part is almost the same as the first.

Interview Questions

• One thing they asked was how you would deal or how you have dealt with difficult customers in the past.   1 Answer

Member Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview

I applied online and received an e-mail to complete an online assessment that included a teller simulation and two questions for which my answers were recorded. I received a phone call a few days later to set up an in-person interview, which was with the Branch Manager. I received a call for a second interview a few days after that.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to change your approach with a customer?   Answer Question

Member Service Representative Interview

Interview

I applied for the position online, and received an email request to complete an online assessment the next day. I was told I passed the assessment and the results would be passed on to the hiring team for review. I have not heard back from anyone or called in for an interview yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and after a couple of days received a call for a face to face interview. Ask basic questions nothing difficult. Went over my resume and they asked why they should hire me. I was offered a full time position contingent upon my background check. Still waiting to hear back. It's been a week already.

Interview Questions

• What does a Member Service Representative mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA

Interview

Filled out an online application and then I was sent a simulation to complete. The three areas the simulation focused on was choosing the best and worst answer to the scenario questions, my speed in completing the assessment and how well I sold additional services. After I completed the assessment, I was contacted 3 months later to interview during a job fair. I was one of many applicants and I interviewed with a team leader. The questions were basic interview questions and it was low stress.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard and nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Fountain Valley, CA).

Interview

I applied online, a day after I was email an old school virtual assessment and after a day later I was called in an interview with three managers. I was ask six behavioral questions about customer interactions, coworker behavioral, community. You have to be really specific from beginning to end. Have a list of questions ready and research the bank before going in. I hope they call me and if not it was great experience.

Interview Questions

• when was a time you received great customer service   Answer Question
    • how did you handle unhappy customer? what was the outcome ?   Answer Question
    • when was a time that you lost your temper with a cumstomer   Answer Question
    • when was communication a effect way among peers   Answer Question
    • what was the situation that you went off on your coworker,
      (it was a question close to this, cant recall a lot)

Answer Question
    • when was a moment you spoke to soon?   Answer Question

Member Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview

I applied online where you have to do an online assessment. In 1 to 2nd weeks received a phone call. Then a face to face interview

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a little angry customer, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Hampton, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied for 2 branches in my city. One called me and did a short phone interview. Haven't heard back from them. I had a in person interview today with the other branch. I was a little late due to traffic but I called and they were still willing to see me. The 2 managers I met were really nice. They said I should hear something by the end of next week.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask questions. They ask you to give examples of different scenarios. I didn't really like those.   Answer Question

Member Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview

I took online assessment got called in for interview 2:1 interview. Ask same questions as in a normal interview stated I would here back in one to two weeks. Called me back for second interview have not heard anything since.