Navy Federal Credit Union Interview Questions in Pensacola, FL

2.6

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in June 2014.

Computer based testing about the day to day functions at NFCU. Interview process is fairly simply, do most of the talking and sell yourself. Make them know how you would be valued as an employee

Interview Questions
    • The interview and testing process is straight forward.   Answer Question

Making less than current position.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in June 2014.

About 2 weeks from applying @ NFCU career site was contacted for 1st interview. Questions were not anything overly complicated and I was given a "test" of sorts that helped them identify job knowledge and thought process. The "test" itself wasn't difficult but the stress level was still high given it's unexpected nature. Talked through test results and how/why I came to the conclusions I did; from discussions both manager and myself shared a lot of common beliefs and methodoligies regarding SQA (Software Quality Assurance) so the comfort level increased the longer the interview went. Interview last, in my case anyway, somewhere in the 1.5 hour range which I thought was a good experience to have for the sake of making good first impressions. Two weeks following the first interview I was called in for a second interview to include additional QA manager. The second interview was more abbreviated lasting no more than 15-20 minutes...questions from manager in second interview were fairly standard and additional "testing" was not present. Two days after second interview was contacted and notified that someone else was chosen for the Analyst position. The recruiter I had been working with did contact me once the decision had been made and mentioned that they wanted me for a Tester position that was due to open within the next 2-3 months and was asked if I would be interested. I expressed interest and wanted to be considered for the position but no final decision can be made until more is known about the salary being offered...guess this story is "To Be Continued".

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions or overly difficult processes to understand. Once you understood the terminology used in the test provided (see reference in above review) taking the "test" was not complicated at all. There's no right or wrong answers but you do need to be able to explain the thought process used to arrive at those results.   Answer Question

Member Service Representative I Call Center Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Was called for an assessment almost immediately after applying online, the assessment consisted of going to the NFCU campus and completing simulator-style computer program that simulated different types of clients calling for banking needs, some basic mathematical questions and a personality survey. After passing the assessment I went straight into an interview which was a one on one conversation-style interview with a CCO supervisor. Questions were very basic (though the job isn't a very specialized one) and it was a very relaxing experience, spent more time chatting with the supervisor than we did doing the three interview questions.

Training Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in June 2013.

Applied online. Everything is done through a recruiter at one the main campuses, so there can be a time gap between applying and being contacted. Make sure your resume accurately reflects the job description or it will get weeded out immediately. There was an initial phone interview, then my file was sent to the hiring manager for review. Was contacted for an in-person interview. It was partially in person and partially virtual with other supervisors who weren't able to be there in person. There was a mandatory ten minute presentation on a subject of your choice.

Interview Questions
    • They were very thorough in gauging both my fit in their culture, but also my relevant experience. There were a good bit of behavioral questions as well as my history in the field.   View Answer
    There isn't a lot of room to negotiate, but I did find that their offer was fair and in line with what other companies were offering for similar positions.

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in August 2012.

You are contacted an employer recruiter with Areotek to set up an interview with them and if you pass, you get one with NFCU. It is all smooth and they are very helpful, professional, and understanding.

Interview Questions
    • You must clarify your mortgage experience, even when you touched them.   View Answer
    Aerotek sets your salary until you get hired on by NFCU.

Accounting Technician III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in August 2012.

I submitted my application for several vacancies in the accounting department listed on the company website. I did not hear anything for a couple of weeks, but was able to track down a recruiter's e-mail address from a friend. I e-mailed the recruiter inquiring about the status of the vacancies. I never heard anything back from the recruiter directly, but I did receive a phone call from another recruiter a week or two later asking me to come in for an interview.

The interview itself was done via video conference because management was located in a different city, as the accounting department was new to the location I was interviewing at. The interview panel consisted of 2 managers and 2 supervisors. Rather than the interview being specific for one of the vacancies, it was a general interview to see where I might be a good fit. Most questions were about my background, experiences, and my future goals. There was nothing like the typical "strengths and weaknesses" questions.

I was told I would hear back within a few weeks with their decision. When I didn't hear back, I followed up with the recruiter several times. About 6 weeks after my interview, I received a call offering me one of the open positions. I accepted and started 2 and a half weeks later.

My advice to candidates is to follow up! I think that played a part in me being hired!

Interview Questions
    • Only one off the wall question:

"What is your favorite FASB pronouncement and why?" I wasn't prepared for this one, but it didn't seem to have a negative impact on my interview.
        Answer Question
    I accepted the offer that was given to me because it was a good 10-20% higher than I anticipated.

Mortgage Closer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in February 2012.

Two interviews - fairly typical questions. Background check (employer, education and credit checks). During "group" interview (2 interviewers), I was asked how I handled stress. They indicated that there was high stress due to the amount of closings. The real reason for the high stress level is due to poor file management (files are frequently given to the closer on the day of closing - when the closer is already working multiple files for closing that day).

Interview Questions
    No negotiation - I was offered the job and felt that the pay and benefits were good, so I accepted.

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in November 2011.

Extremely brief when it came to the actual interview. There was very little description of the job and it's duties. The description given was definitely NOT a true representation of the actual position for which I was hired. I feel that the staffing agency, Aerotek, was much more interested in filling the position than making sure I was a good fit for it. The rep. I dealt with seemed to actually care at first but as soon as I voiced concerns or problems he stopped contacting me and took the position that "you knew what you were getting yourself into" instead of actually listening and trying to resolve the situation. He never even attempted to assist me in finding a position elsewhere. I should mention that there are other reps for Aerotek that are great at what they do. I will probably deal with them again in my search for employment, but ask for a new rep.

Interview Questions
    • "What is the most difficult part of being a member of a team"? Not sure why they asked this, but cause this position was as far from being a member of a team as possible. It's every "man" for himself at this place!   View Answer
    The temporary agency I was hired through new the distance I would be traveling to the place of employment and I feel their initial offer, which I accepted, took this into account and was fair.

Account Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in August 2010.

The interview process was exactly what I had expected. Very detailed and professional.

MORTGAGE PRODUCTION SPEC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in March 2007.

THE INTERVIEWERS MAKE YOU FEEL AT EASE.