Nebraska Book Interview Questions

2.5

Site Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nebraska Book.

Applied online. Was called by manager weeks later. Met with manager. Generic interview questions. Fairly easy.

Textbook Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nebraska Book in January 2013.

I applied during peak season. So I got an email asking for an interview within a couple of days. The interview took about twenty minutes. The Assistant Manager took me on a tour of the store and just explained a lot of things, while asking me questions about my previous jobs. She asked me to fill out a new employee packet almost immediately.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nebraska Book.

Interview took place over lunch-very profession, yet relaxed.

I was offered less money than I was currently making, but promised a raise in 6 months.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nebraska Book in July 2011.

It was a bit unorganized and took a while to hear back from them. It was 3 weeks from the time of the interview to the day I was offered the position. The interview itself was on the easier side. It was more conversational than interrogation. It was nice.

Interview Questions
    • Without any buying experience previous to this interview, I would have to say the most difficult question pertained to buying/merchandising in general.   Answer Question
    Negotiation is possible.

Textbook Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nebraska Book in January 2010.

Applied online, Interview process took place at store. Very relaxed and professional

No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nebraska Book in August 2009.

Saw the ad in store hiring for seasonal help and I applied online. Got called in for an interview shortly after and got offered the job after an interview with district manager.

Interview Questions
    • When have you encountered a problem with giving someone customer service and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question