Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Office Manager Interview

Office Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America.

Interview Details – Had to be 3 months from applying to getting a call from HR (Ralferal Ramirez). Was set up for a phone interview to be conducted with regional operations director (ROD). ROD called...asked 6 to 7 questions....was asked to have a face to face at local office....met at local office (approx. 5 days later)...semi-professional questions

Negotiation Details – none. just a base salary

Mortgage Counselor Interview

Mortgage Counselor

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online- very time consuming and detailed application. I followed up and received an email that said I would have a better chance of being hired if I volunteered for them. Nonetheless they called me for an intervew a few months later. I had a phone interview with a Regional Manager who was unabble to answer basic questions about benefits and training. They made me an offer via email that referenced their compensation plan but had no specifics about benefits or reimbursement for education I was expected to obtain. I asked for this and never heard back. After 4 days, and having read numerous negative reviews on glassdoor as well as many many complaints on BBB website, I decliend the offer. Over a week later they sent me the same offer letter in the mail. Very disorganized. Every time I got an email from them I got it 3 times- their email system has some issues so I am wary of the rest of their software systems.

Interview Question – what is the most recent book you read?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – extremely bad glassdoor reviews, bad reputation among mortgage underwriters and numerous complaints on BBB website.

Call Center Manager Interview

Call Center Manager
Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America in June 2009.

Interview Details – It was a job fair experience for NACA (foreclosure prevention). I got there at 8:30 and waited about an hour with about 2500 other applicants. We first saw a movie about the company and then Bruce Marks, the founder, spoke briefly about the company and how and why he started it. Then we moved as a group to another room and waited about another hour for a one on one interview. I then left the building and received a phonecall about an hour later to come in for another interview later that same day. I came back at 4:30.This interview was a panel interview of about 10 people by 10 people from NACA. The interview lasted about an hour and a half before Mr Marks had to catch a plane and leave very quickly. I didn't get the job but I wish I had. The people really seemed to enjoy working with each other and to also enjoy what they did. I didn't meet anyone that I felt was unfriendly or unprofessional. There was a very diverse group of people running the show and they all worked well together interviewing and questioning people to start the Charlotte office of NACA.

Interview Questions

• What was your toughest or most difficult job experience?   View Answer
  • If you were me, what trait or quality would you be looking in filling this position?   View Answer
  • During the panel interview, the main question asked of each of us was pretty straightforward--If hired as Home Save Team Lead for NACA, what would you bring to the table? How would your presence on the team help NACA with its Mission?   View Answer

Mortgage Interview

Mortgage

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America in January 2012.

Interview Details – interviewer asked several questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was offered the opportunity to travel, all expenses paid

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America employees and interview candidates.