Neiman Marcus Interview Questions in Dallas, TX

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX).

Interview

On campus recruiting and always lots of candidates. There is a 2 day assessment at HQ with interviews in both an individual and a group setting. A retail math test is required.

Interview Questions

• Group project to test thought process.   1 Answer

Customer Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I received a phone call a few days after I applied. I spoke with someone in Human Resources, after a complete background check, I was offered the position of customer care representative.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Face to face with supervisor. If supervisor like you then you meet the manager. Second interview meet director. Director gives you an aptitude test on retail math etc. Human resources does a background check, credit history. Since this is a financial job a poor credit history will disqualify you for the position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I had 3 interviews total- 1 with HR, 1 with the DM and the sales associate and 1 with the Director. Very straightforward interview questions, no nonsense questions like remember a time..... or how did you......

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview consisted of two phone interviews and then a two day long interview process in Dallas. The program is run three times a year, June, September and December, so you may apply early and have to wait before you're contacted Applying to the program they have you complete a small, online test about retail math. It basically asks you to calculate sell-through percentages, how many units are on hand, discounting etc. It is timed and I've heard some people find ti difficult but I thought it was really easy and I do not come from a fashion or retail educational background. Basic math is all that is needed. If you get a passing score on the test your application gets reviewed and you may be contacted for an interview. The phone interviews were pretty standard - Why do you want this job, tell me about your background etc. Nothing challenging. The two day interview process consisted of a bus "tour" of Dallas that really just shows you the outside of their fulfillment center and then dinner at which you meet some higher ups at NM like buyers. The second day brings one group project focusing on how you'd design or set up a department to maximize revenue and two interviews. In between there is a lunch with current assistant buyers that you can talk to and learn more about the role. Overall a pretty easy applying experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Since it's a pretty competitive environment and there are a lot of applicants the negotiation was almost nonexistent. They tell you the salary and benefits and ask if you'll take them. I was able to get a little increase in salary due to my previous experience.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX).

Interview

You talk to the HR person. After that you meet with the Director. Then you meet with 2 to 3 VPs. It was important to know someone there. People are very respectful. The interview was very conversational. They did not do a group or panel interview. Once the offer was extended, there was a drug test. Then you joined the company and had an orientation class a few weeks into joining the company. There was also a skills test that was used

Interview Questions

• They asked about your biggest challenge and what you would do to overcome it. They also asked if there were any weaknesses.   1 Answer

Vice President DMM Gift Galleries Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I had worked for Neiman Marcus prior for 10 years so was very well known there.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any difficult or unexoested questions.   1 Answer

Corporate Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

online application, personality / skills test, first interview, essay, interview with a business unit

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of? When is a time your priorities changed and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

EDP Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

There were two steps in the interview process. The first was an initial interview with the college recruiter on campus. The second round was on site, at the corporate HQ in Dallas. The on-site round consisted of multiple individual interviews and a group project exercise over the course of two days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had an innovative idea and how did you implement it? Was it successfull? If so, how?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX).

Interview

This position requires you interview and be accepted into the company's executive training program. This initially starts by applying online or by college recruitment. The process generally take 2-3 interviews, a retail math test, group project presentation and recommendations.

Interview Questions

• questions on critical thinking and problem solving are asked to asses how you can handle multiple tasks and work load stress   3 Answers

Negotiation

Generally it's a base salary unless your coming in with buying or planning experience. So little to no negotiations. This is a highly competitive program to get into and the more fashion/retail experience and qualifications the better. Over 200 people apply weekly and there are only 3 classes a year with on average 20-35 trainees accepted in each class.