Neiman Marcus

2.7

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

I had 3 interviews total- 1 with HR, 1 with the DM and the sales associate and 1 with the Director. Very straightforward interview questions, no nonsense questions like remember a time..... or how did you......

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

The interview consisted of two phone interviews and then a two day long interview process in Dallas. The program is run three times a year, June, September and December, so you may apply early and have to wait before you're contacted

Applying to the program they have you complete a small, online test about retail math. It basically asks you to calculate sell-through percentages, how many units are on hand, discounting etc. It is timed and I've heard some people find ti difficult but I thought it was really easy and I do not come from a fashion or retail educational background. Basic math is all that is needed.

If you get a passing score on the test your application gets reviewed and you may be contacted for an interview. The phone interviews were pretty standard - Why do you want this job, tell me about your background etc. Nothing challenging.

The two day interview process consisted of a bus "tour" of Dallas that really just shows you the outside of their fulfillment center and then dinner at which you meet some higher ups at NM like buyers. The second day brings one group project focusing on how you'd design or set up a department to maximize revenue and two interviews. In between there is a lunch with current assistant buyers that you can talk to and learn more about the role.

Overall a pretty easy applying experience.

Interview Questions
    Since it's a pretty competitive environment and there are a lot of applicants the negotiation was almost nonexistent. They tell you the salary and benefits and ask if you'll take them. I was able to get a little increase in salary due to my previous experience.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

You talk to the HR person. After that you meet with the Director. Then you meet with 2 to 3 VPs. It was important to know someone there. People are very respectful. The interview was very conversational. They did not do a group or panel interview. Once the offer was extended, there was a drug test. Then you joined the company and had an orientation class a few weeks into joining the company. There was also a skills test that was used

Interview Questions
    • They asked about your biggest challenge and what you would do to overcome it. They also asked if there were any weaknesses.   View Answer

Vice President DMM Gift Galleries Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

I had worked for Neiman Marcus prior for 10 years so was very well known there.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any difficult or unexoested questions.   View Answer

Corporate Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in January 2014.

online application, personality / skills test, first interview, essay, interview with a business unit

Interview Questions
    • What are you most proud of? When is a time your priorities changed and how did you deal with it?   View Answer

EDP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in November 2013.

There were two steps in the interview process. The first was an initial interview with the college recruiter on campus. The second round was on site, at the corporate HQ in Dallas. The on-site round consisted of multiple individual interviews and a group project exercise over the course of two days.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had an innovative idea and how did you implement it? Was it successfull? If so, how?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

This position requires you interview and be accepted into the company's executive training program. This initially starts by applying online or by college recruitment. The process generally take 2-3 interviews, a retail math test, group project presentation and recommendations.

Interview Questions
    • questions on critical thinking and problem solving are asked to asses how you can handle multiple tasks and work load stress   View Answers (3)
    Generally it's a base salary unless your coming in with buying or planning experience. So little to no negotiations.

This is a highly competitive program to get into and the more fashion/retail experience and qualifications the better. Over 200 people apply weekly and there are only 3 classes a year with on average 20-35 trainees accepted in each class.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in May 2013.

Applied online, was contacted two or three weeks later for an initial phone screen with HR. Followed by a second interview with VP two days later. Was told the would be finishing up other interviews, but given good feedback that I was one of the top candidates. Two weeks later, had two back to back interviews, which were pretty basic questions about my background and the company's background.

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Neiman Marcus in April 2013.

Had an initial phone interview with HR, then had to take an online math and personality test. After the online test, I was invited to participate in a two-day assessment in Dallas.

The first day of the assessment included a tour of Dallas, a tour of the offices, and a dinner with some of the executives. The second day included two back-to-back interviews with staff and a group project.

The assessment taught me so much about how excellent the company is; I really gained a lot of respect for Neiman throughout the process. Also, the interview process itself was very put-together and well-organized.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you didn't get along with your supervisor. How did you go about fixing the relationship with him or her while still managing to do your job well?   View Answer

Everyone I interviewed with ate, breathed, and slept fashion. Most of them had been wanting this job since they began high school--that just wasn't me. I didn't have the kind of fashion knowledge that I felt I needed to be truly comfortable with this position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in March 2013.

They give you a ridiculous retail mathematics examination which not enough time is given for.

Interview Questions
    • The questions became more complex as they wanted you to compare percentages (which you must calculate) comparing different stocks and item numbers within a certain month or year all within one question! on average, the questions take approx 2-3 minutes to thoroughly calculate yet they expect you to provide the right answer in 30 SECONDS! insane!   View Answer